BREAKING NEWS: Malcolm Young on leave from AC/DC due to health

highvoltage

A photo of Angus emerged today and in it he is sitting with Stevie Young. So I reckon that is certain now that Stevie Young is substituting Malcolm. He did a good job during the 88 tour, so IMO the best call and nice that it stays in the family. Welcome Stevie!

One more time for the fans and especially for Mal!

A photo of Angus emerged today and in it he is sitting with Stevie Young. So I reckon that is certain now that Stevie Young is substituting Malcolm. He did a good job during the 88 tour, so IMO the best call and nice that it stays in the family. Welcome Stevie!

Can you post it? Haven't seen it.

Can you post it? Haven't seen it.

Here it is.

BmmW0tfCEAAoViF.jpg

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ac-dc-stevie-young/

I personally think it's the best possible replacement for Malcolm, but it still feels weird to know that Malcolm will not be around.

• Like 2

Wikipedia: When asked by a fan during a radio interview why he stopped contributing lyrics, he laughed, "I ran out of words" and went on to explain that during recording he didn't always enjoy the pressure of having to come up with an album's worth of lyrics and was relieved when the Young brothers filled in during The Razors Edge. The band has since continued in that tradition for every album since.

The whole family really is an ugly bunch aren't they? :lol:

I thought Angus' hair was looking pretty decent on the Black Ice tour considering he decided to grow it out again, but I guess now he figured it's time to let it be natural.

Stevie still looks quite a bit like Malcolm. No wonder people were fooled back in 1988.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Before forming AC/DC, guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young played in the Marcus Hook Roll Band, a rock group that also featured their brothers George, on vocals, and Alex, on saxophone. In 1973 – the year Malcolm turned 20 and Angus, 18, they released the album Tales of Old Grand-Daddy, which has been hard to find ever since. They also released the sax-infused non-album boogie single "Louisiana Lady," which is getting a proper re-release, along with Tales of Old Grand-Daddy, on June 3rd. We're premiering the track here today.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-angus-and-malcolm-young-of-ac-dcs-sax-infused-early-single-20140513

Great song, very talented family.

Before forming AC/DC, guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young played in the Marcus Hook Roll Band, a rock group that also featured their brothers George, on vocals, and Alex, on saxophone. In 1973 – the year Malcolm turned 20 and Angus, 18, they released the album Tales of Old Grand-Daddy, which has been hard to find ever since. They also released the sax-infused non-album boogie single "Louisiana Lady," which is getting a proper re-release, along with Tales of Old Grand-Daddy, on June 3rd. We're premiering the track here today.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-angus-and-malcolm-young-of-ac-dcs-sax-infused-early-single-20140513

Great song, very talented family.

another track!

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/2014-05-19/marcus-hook-roll-band-natural-man-exclusive