Dancing

So I'm aware this is likely to go horribly wrong, but I'm going to give it a go...

It's no secret that I love to dance. On stage, in a studio, in clubs...even randomly out and about, I love it! I also love choreographing and teaching other people, it's great seeing my ideas come to life and having other people enjoy it too. I've been dancing since I was two years old, and have done everything from ballet and tap, to Bollywood and hip hop but my strongest styles (and what I usually teach) are contemporary and jazz.

So I'll start off with one of my own dances, this is a contemporary dance I taught to a group of students this academic year, which we performed as part of the student dance company show in February.

And this is a routine I found on youtube recently that I think is brilliant. I wish I were better at hip hop! These guys are great :)

So this thread is for all things dance-related. What styles do you like? Do you dance, or just enjoy watching? Do you have a favourite move, or dancer who inspires you? What is your favourite song to dance to? From time to time I'm going to post dances I've done or am working on, and routines I'm liking at the moment. Please join in and do the same!

I like to dance, but aren't good. I went to an Arts campus at uni, which always meant that my dancing at clubs was overshadowed by Performing Arts students, for whom we had endearing nicknames such as 'Pop 'n' Lock'.

When I was a student, I helped some Film and TV students make a video. I was expecting to be a headbanger in the crowd, but they picked me out to be 'lead dancer'. Yes, that's me in the pink dress. :Phttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNILeKUlwgA

I don't really have much to contribute to this thread, but am enjoying the videos, so thank you. :)

• Like 1