Musical dream of mine may come true! Strong change I'll see Jimmy Page!!!!

ZoSoRose

Hey guys! Some of you know I am a massive Zeppelin fanatic. Jimmy Page got me into guitar and music when I was a teenager and it has been my dream ever since to see him or Led Zeppelin in any capacity. I was too young to make the O2 gig happen on my own in 2007 and obviously, they haven't played since. I tried to see them for the Celebration Day promotions, and even considered going to London for the premiere just to see them. I know it sounds retarded, but this band means a lot to me.

Anyways, my best friend goes to Berklee and they are awarding Jimmy with an honorary doctorate. He will be honored at their commencment ceremony next month. Unfortunatly, all my friends aren't graduating yet and it has been very problematic getting tickets to the event. I managed to get a hold of one senior, and I'll find out for sure by the weekend if he gets me an extra seat. It does look likely, though. Now for the flight and all that... but I will make it work.

This may sound dumb but I am just beyond excited. He may not even play and that doesn't matter to me. There is no musician, not even Axl or Slash, that has had such an impact on me!

I doubt Jimmy's playing the guitar, but you never know with him if he's going to do some special instrumental solo for the school, I'm just wondering what kind of keynote speech he'd give.

I'd also call the local radio station that plays Led Zeppelin all the time and go "guess where I was..."

Surprised you missed Page with the Black Crowes and Plant/Page in '98, not saw Plant at all, or Them Crooked Vultures. Jonesy also did a solo tour I think about 10 years ago.

I doubt Jimmy's playing the guitar, but you never know with him if he's going to do some special instrumental solo for the school, I'm just wondering what kind of keynote speech he'd give.

I'd also call the local radio station that plays Led Zeppelin all the time and go "guess where I was..."

Surprised you missed Page with the Black Crowes and Plant/Page in '98, not saw Plant at all, or Them Crooked Vultures. Jonesy also did a solo tour I think about 10 years ago.

Sadly i was too young, I'm 23 lol

Good luck. I'm a similar age from you and am in basically the opposite position of you. I know people at Berklee but they all graduated within the last year and aren't really there anymore. I'm graduating college in a few weeks and actually my commencement is at the venue they are honoring Jimmy. His thing is on Saturday, mine is on Sunday. I doubt I'll be able to meet him, as I just don't think I'll be able to get a ticket and also doubt I'll just see him on the street even if I hang outside of the venue. But at least I can psyche myself up for graduation by claiming I'll be on the same stage as Jimmy within a 24 hour period :P !

Seriously though, good luck with the effort. I saw Pete Townshend at Berklee a few years ago and it was incredible. Just being in the same room as those legends in an intimate setting is a remarkable experience. Page would mean more to me, just as it would to you, so I'm sending my best!

Good luck. I'm a similar age from you and am in basically the opposite position of you. I know people at Berklee but they all graduated within the last year and aren't really there anymore. I'm graduating college in a few weeks and actually my commencement is at the venue they are honoring Jimmy. His thing is on Saturday, mine is on Sunday. I doubt I'll be able to meet him, as I just don't think I'll be able to get a ticket and also doubt I'll just see him on the street even if I hang outside of the venue. But at least I can psyche myself up for graduation by claiming I'll be on the same stage as Jimmy within a 24 hour period :P !

Seriously though, good luck with the effort. I saw Pete Townshend at Berklee a few years ago and it was incredible. Just being in the same room as those legends in an intimate setting is a remarkable experience. Page would mean more to me, just as it would to you, so I'm sending my best!

Dude, my friend missed the Pete Townshend thing. He goes there and didn't even think about it! Anyways, If I can get you an extra ticket I will let you know but seeing as I am not even gaurenteed I can't say it is a for sure thing

Dude, my friend missed the Pete Townshend thing. He goes there and didn't even think about it! Anyways, If I can get you an extra ticket I will let you know but seeing as I am not even gaurenteed I can't say it is a for sure thing

The Pete Townshend thing was incredible. Really a cool treat that I lucked out getting tickets to. So cool to see him acoustic, and then a month later with The Who at the TD Garden.

Awfully generous of you about the extra ticket and I would certainly join you if that were to happen. Seems really slim though that anyone without a contact will be able to go. And the people WITH contacts will only have so many extras. But I appreciate the gesture. Again, I'm down that weekend for graduation anyway, so I've at least got something else to look forward to lol. Seriously best of luck with it though. I hope it works out!

The Pete Townshend thing was incredible. Really a cool treat that I lucked out getting tickets to. So cool to see him acoustic, and then a month later with The Who at the TD Garden.

Awfully generous of you about the extra ticket and I would certainly join you if that were to happen. Seems really slim though that anyone without a contact will be able to go. And the people WITH contacts will only have so many extras. But I appreciate the gesture. Again, I'm down that weekend for graduation anyway, so I've at least got something else to look forward to lol. Seriously best of luck with it though. I hope it works out!

I don't have a contact, technically. I found this guy through the internet! Anyways, I'll see what I can do but don't get your hopes up!

Sorry to rub it in, but I went to the O2 Led Zeppelin gig. Also saw Them Crooked Vultures a bunch of times and Robert Plant solo a couple of times as well.

But I hope your dream comes true man!

You mother fucker :lol: I'm actually really happy for you, I know you are a big Zep fan

I've seen Robert twice so at the very least I will always have that

Edited by ZoSoRose

I saw Jimmy Page once at a Black Crowes show. He watched the show from the side of the stage and played with them on Shake Your Money Maker for the encore. Unfortunately I could barely make out anything from all the guitars on stage, people screaming all around, being too close to the speakers (I was third row I think). But at least I get to say I saw Jimmy Page live.

I saw Jimmy Page once at a Black Crowes show. He watched the show from the side of the stage and played with them on Shake Your Money Maker for the encore. Unfortunately I could barely make out anything from all the guitars on stage, people screaming all around, being too close to the speakers (I was third row I think). But at least I get to say I saw Jimmy Page live.

I remember that! Cool you were there in person, I would have flipped a shit!

Is it his only recent appearance?

Is it his only recent appearance?

Musically, yes.that was his last one

Well, I managed to secure tickets to the commencement concert and ceremony! I know Jimmy didn't say he is going, but the Berklee website indicates he wil be in attendance. Looking at past ceremonies, almost all honorees attend including The Eagles, Steven Tyler, Allison Krauss, Willie Nelson, and many more. This just doesn't seem like something Jimmy would miss out on. It also seems like a lot of past honorees have joined in during the concert for a song. Jimmy has been joining in with a few performances "lately" (like Roy Harper and the Black Crowes) and he seems to love having the chance to play, so maybe he will jump in on Whole Lotta Love or something. Its a stretch, but I can hope! Anyways, I am just beyond thrilled I will finally get to see my greatest musical hero! At a cool event, nonetheless!

I have been thinking though, why the hell wouldn" Percy and Jonsey be honored? I am confused as to why the entire current lineup of The Eagles would be honored, but the majority of Aerosmith and Zeppelin wouldn't. Surely Plant, Jones, Perry, Whitford, etc are deserving?

(And again, Gunsfanoldie, I don't know how likely it is if I can get you a ticket... it will most likely be a last minute thing if I do but considering none of my friends there are seniors it is difficult. Congrats on graduating though! I graduate from Michigan State the week before!)

Dude, please don't worry about it AT ALL. Enjoy yourself. I never actually thought I was going anyway. Thats fucking awesome that you made it happen! Thats gonna be sick and seriously just enjoy the moment as much as possible. From everything I've read, he'll be there and I really hope for the sake of the event that he plays. Might as well if he's gonna be there.

Hope you have a great time though, and thanks for the graduation congrats. Same to you! Should be a fun few weeks for the both of us, even if yours is a little better since it involves Jimmy Page :lol: . (I will be around in Boston that weekend though, so if a last minute thing happens to come your way I certainly wouldn't turn it down lol!)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to rub it in, but I went to the O2 Led Zeppelin gig. Also saw Them Crooked Vultures a bunch of times and Robert Plant solo a couple of times as well.

How did you get an '02 ticket? Did you win it? Or get in with a friend who won? Or go scalper?

How did you get an '02 ticket? Did you win it? Or get in with a friend who won? Or go scalper?

Bought a code off of ebay, and ignored the warnings that my tickets wouldn't be valid and just showed up.

That promoter was a f#cking asshole about it, I remember people calling up to validate his comments and decided to cancel their tickets, but they could've gotten in after all.

Bought a code off of ebay, and ignored the warnings that my tickets wouldn't be valid and just showed up.

That promoter was a f#cking asshole about it, I remember people calling up to validate his comments and decided to cancel their tickets, but they could've gotten in after all.

You got in though, that's what matters!

I remember i was so mad because i saw a bunch of " reasonable"codes and tickets on Ebay.i was in Michigan though lol

Edited by ZoSoRose