We have a huge amount of quality bootlegs from UYI tour but NONE from 99-present?????

You look on youtube and we have so many quality (for their time) bootlegs from the UYI tour.

We got them because GNR recorded every show and someone always got a copy of the show that was outside the band and crew.

CD era 99-Present we have ZERO that were recorded by GNR and crew that were recorded during this time period.

I am sure they have a recording of every show just like back in the day but these have never seen the light of day.

I find it kind of odd how easy they where to get during UYI but now it just ain't happening.

I would give my left nut for the first show at the HOB, I just think it is a very important show in the history of GNR and very few have seen it.

Any thoughts on why the bootlegs don't get out, other than the standard Axl would have fired and sued the tech into the ground.

Screw the HOB, I'd give ungodly amounts of money for a proshot (or even just a soundboard) of Los Angeles 2006. Same goes for basically any 2010 gig, though Bucharest being at the top of my list. Or any of the South American shows that year.

That show is so fucking good, it doesn't get enough discussion. At least the Youtube videos of it are very high quality.

Screw the HOB, I'd give ungodly amounts of money for a proshot (or even just a soundboard) of Los Angeles 2006. Same goes for basically any 2010 gig, though Bucharest being at the top of my list. Or any of the South American shows that year.

That show is so fucking good, it doesn't get enough discussion. At least the Youtube videos of it are very high quality.

Damn right. Both shows I listed by name are thankfully out there with listenable bootlegs.

The fan recording of LA 2006 on the tracker is fantastic quality but a proshot would be so freaking awesome. Axl was on form like none other and it showcased the 2006 band perfectly. LA 2006 has the best live performances of all time of Used to Love Her, and it was hands down the best show from 2001-2009. Whereas Bucharest has the best live performance, of course, in my opinion, a bunch of songs like IRS, Sorry, This I Love and Paradise City. I'd honestly rank these two as the two best Guns N' Roses concerts of all time, and then follow it with Chicago 92.

Don't get me wrong I think the 2006 tour was Axl at his best, I know folks will disagree but thats just me, and would love to have some boots of those shows.

To be honest I would love to have more than I care to count for all the tours they have done.

I just think that first HOB show was very important in the history of the new era of GNR.

Edited by bigcountry

If they still record every show it makes me wonder why they chose the London 2012 show to release on DVD. Even the weaker shows from 2010 would be infinitely better.

It was planned a head to be released before it was filmed. It wasn't a case of picking out the best show.... but thats what they need to do now. London 2010. Great set, great voice.

Edited by Axl_morris

You look on youtube and we have so many quality (for their time) bootlegs from the UYI tour.

We got them because GNR recorded every show and someone always got a copy of the show that was outside the band and crew.

CD era 99-Present we have ZERO that were recorded by GNR and crew that were recorded during this time period.

I am sure they have a recording of every show just like back in the day but these have never seen the light of day.

I find it kind of odd how easy they where to get during UYI but now it just ain't happening.

I would give my left nut for the first show at the HOB, I just think it is a very important show in the history of GNR and very few have seen it.

Any thoughts on why the bootlegs don't get out, other than the standard Axl would have fired and sued the tech into the ground.

Look harder.

I'd say the bootlegs from back in the day lack the quality of sound for me to listen to them regularly. They sound so grainy and you don't get the fullness of the sound that you get nowadays, even with audience recordings. But I suppose that's just due to recording techniques or that none of the soundboards were mastered. A lot of people here complain about the Tokyo release, as there was many better shows from the UYI tour to showcase the talent, but if I had to listen to an old bootleg, it'd be audio from that gig because it has the best sound. Paris is an amazing gig, someone mastered it a while back and the difference in quality to the original copy was tremendous.

The best bootleg we've had though is definitely the Rock AM Ring show.

I'd say the bootlegs from back in the day lack the quality of sound for me to listen to them regularly. They sound so grainy and you don't get the fullness of the sound that you get nowadays, even with audience recordings. But I suppose that's just due to recording techniques or that none of the soundboards were mastered. A lot of people here complain about the Tokyo release, as there was many better shows from the UYI tour to showcase the talent, but if I had to listen to an old bootleg, it'd be audio from that gig because it has the best sound. Paris is an amazing gig, someone mastered it a while back and the difference in quality to the original copy was tremendous.

too bad the RAR show isn't complete.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember reading that a lot of the UYI proshots got circulating when they were stolen during the Philly or Vancouver riots? Or maybe that was the soundboard recordings from 2002 gigs.

You're thinking of the '02 soundboards.

UYI proshots were lifted by unknown crew members

I suppose, but at least they chopped off the solos and wasn't it only 2 songs that we missed out on?

Would have loved to have heard a soundboard of Out Ta Get Me, as there isn't really a decent performance of that from 01 til now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember reading that a lot of the UYI proshots got circulating when they were stolen during the Philly or Vancouver riots? Or maybe that was the soundboard recordings from 2002 gigs.

So is that the likes of the Oklahoma show etc?

I always thought that they were officially released on video.

I suppose, but at least they chopped off the solos and wasn't it only 2 songs that we missed out on?

Would have loved to have heard a soundboard of Out Ta Get Me, as there isn't really a decent performance of that from 01 til now.

So is that the likes of the Oklahoma show etc?

I always thought that they were officially released on video.

The only offically released shows were Tokyo '92. Paris '92 was on PPV

Chicago, Oklahoma, Noblesville, etc were straight up bootlegs