Is this Ron's "goodbye"?

I hope for him. But probably not.

The lack of music - he's been talking about that for years - and his countdown tweet - which coincides with his last Vegas show - probably mean something. He's writing a solo album, he'll tour with Malmsteen and Uli Roth, he still works with Tony Harnell... I hope he does not stick with Guns any longer. He changed after his car accident in terms of not taking the Guns bullshit. In fact since the 06 cameback this is the worst time to be in the band. Until 09 or 10 they were kind of working with some stuff, shows were much better, setlists werent as predictable, they were playing several CD songs... we had Rio in 11, he brought back Estranged, band members hinted at new music, but the car accident got the best (worst?) of him. Okay, still... they were hinting at studio time, Fernando said they were working on a new album. 12 came, nothing came out... 13, nothing. 14? Yes, nothing so far. He's doing much more solo stuff since 11, like releasing singles, working with other musicians, new album, solo tours, workshops, etc. So, judging by his behavior, interviews and tweets... I wouldnt bet my money on it just yet, but I sure hope he's out.
  • Like 1

Who would he get in to replace BBF? And yet another member down the drain with great potential at his disposal to release something else, could've had three albums by now, only Axl knows how he let the years slip by.

No replacements, just let Ashba take over lead in all songs. Bumbles been holding him back

• Like 3

No, not at all.

It sounds like Ron's really just thanking everyone, fans, the crew, the band, because he had a really good time. You can see it too from the videos, not just Ron, but everyone looks to be having a really great time. This line up of the band is arguably the best line up of GnR in terms of getting along with eachother. Look at how many pics you see of them all (besides Axl) hanging out together lately.

• Like 1

Meh... Like he said, he's probably all emotional now he's in "songwriting" mode. But still, I hope he's writing songs like Dash because I cannot understand how ANYONE could get emotional from writing stuff like Abnormal, Piranha and Glad To Be Here.

The only other time I saw BBF / Ron was when he was helping some fat kid on MTV's Made

learn to play the guitar. That was back when he had the whole weird snowboarder look. I kinda

wanna watch that again if anyone knows where the heck it is.

But yeah, this is almost a parallel of Fortus' comment from a while back (maybe a few months) where

he said that he couldn't wait to get in the studio with the Dead Daisies and for some reason (partly the

wording but mostly just reading way too far into) people thought he meant that he was done with GnR

after this latest round of touring.

Edited by jbhutto

Hopefully he'll stop wasting his talents and have some artistic integrity for once and quit. If the band you're in doesn't release music, get the fuck out.

Yes, because being in a band is all about releasing music, entertaining hundreds of thousands of fans at concerts have absolutely no value!!!

Edited by SoulMonster

I hope that he'll be out. I like him, but things need to be stirred around. But of course I would prefer if DJ Cash would leave, then Bfoot could stay and of course Duff should also stay for good.