Any snake keepers/breeders here?

tat2d1

Anyone here keep or breed snakes? I keep and will soon be starting to breed ball pythons. I used to breed corn snakes, did it for quite some time. Here are a few of my ball pythons.

Banana Ball Python (male)

cgboy.jpg

Orange Ghost Ball Python (female)

oggirl.jpg

Piebald Ball Python (female)

piedpiper.jpg

Enchi Ball Python (male)

myenchiboy.jpg

Yellowbelly Ball Python (female)

Trinity.jpg

Super Pastel Ball Python (male)

dextersp.jpg

Normal Ball Python (female)

Norma-1.jpg

Firefly Ball Python (male)

RexFF.jpg

Spider Ball Python (female)

Spidergirl.jpg

and we have a couple more normal girls as well.....thanks for looking.

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but are they happy with just a water bowl and napkins? No offense, and again maybe I just don't know enough, but aren't they supposed to have a little more stuff in their cage with them?

Also, I'm with Pappy. I do think snakes are very beautiful, but I would never own one myself.

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but are they happy with just a water bowl and napkins? No offense, and again maybe I just don't know enough, but aren't they supposed to have a little more stuff in their cage with them?

Also, I'm with Pappy. I do think snakes are very beautiful, but I would never own one myself.

I can understand you thinking that, but, trust me ,they are fine with the setup I have....in the wild they spend 99% of their time in a hole. They don't need or require fancy setups, that's shit that humans do to satisfy themselves. They arent kept in aquariums either, those are for fish, not snakes. They are kept in sterilite containers in a heated rack system. Provides proper temps and humidity. That's how us "pros" do it ;) I've been breeding and keeping snakes for 30 years now, I know what I'm doing ;) Edited by tat2d1

Did you guys know that Kerry King from Slayer is a snake breeder too....has a business called Psychotic Exotics with a friend of his. They breed carpet pythons. I ran in to him last month at a huge reptile expo in Tinley Park Illinois, where he was a vendor. I had no idea until I saw him there....

meandkerryking.jpg

Guest Len B'stard

There was a time i might've liked it but as with a lot of things, i think i like the idea better than the reality. First of all i don't like fuckin' rats and mice and I'll be buggered if I'm getting living fuckin' ones in my house to feed it.

I'm not a pets person in general really, i don't see the point, i don't see what purpose it serves. Yeah, guard dogs i suppose but apart from that i think it's a waste of time.

To be honest, I always find people with pet snakes or pet spiders to be creepy as fuck.

Nice way to stereotype people...seems rather close minded to me, but whatever.....

Jup, I'm a snake keeper as well. It's in my underwear.

Worm snakes don't count ;)

You know they will eat you if you die, right?

I hope to god that's a joke.....cuz if you really think that, no offense, you're an idiot :)