Very rare pic of Axl - Rio 2001

Yea if he would have just kept his look instead of getting braids and I guess Botox to his face then he would have looked like Axl. He just changed so much between this concert and mtv VMA's.

People were complaining back then that he was fat. Those same people wish that he looked like this photo today.

Edited by PerthGNR
  • Like 1

Yea if he would have just kept his look instead of getting braids and I guess Botox to his face then he would have looked like Axl. He just changed so much between this concert and mtv VMA's.

People were complaining back then that we was fat. Those same people wish that he looked like this photo today.

He had put on a few pounds. His arms look the same but he was a bit thicker in 01. It was manageable though. He could have easily lost that weight. Today it might be impossible for him to lose that belly.

I'd take 01 Axl all day though. He still looked awesome.

axl looked ok until 2006. he's been obese since 2008.

in 2010 he really looked horrible.

but his bad food habits started a long time ago :

axl-snackcathouse.jpg

In the 1990 Kurt Loder interview Axl said he was eating too much and sitting on his ass too much, so, yeah, I think it's always been a weakness for him. But it's easier to get back into shape when you're 25 or 30 than when you're 50.

I gained alot of weight from anti depressives and painkiller's and because im so lazy that i don't exercise and i spent most part of my day (everyday) in bed watching movies i decided to start a diet a few months ago.

Now im skinny even though i don't move a fucking finger. People are fat because they want to.

Obese?!!

My god some people are completely delusional or have no idea what the definition of obese is. 5-10kgs outside of a healthy weight? Sure, obese ? Get the fuck out

He's not obese, but he's lazy. He doesn't give enough fucks to workout just enough so he's in shape and can deliver I give a fuck performances.

Guest Gunns

Obese?!!

My god some people are completely delusional or have no idea what the definition of obese is. 5-10kgs outside of a healthy weight? Sure, obese ? Get the fuck out

He's not obese, but he's lazy. He doesn't give enough fucks to workout just enough so he's in shape and can deliver I give a fuck performances.

I agree with that to an extent, but even then I wouldn't call it lazy. His performances aren't lazy, but from what he is capable (or maybe at this stage, we are getting to dare I say, 'was) then yes. To draw comparisons to Elvis, this is from the last performance he did, before he died, he was overweight, out of shape, but gave it 110%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWqax9iHfRU

that motherfucker gave it 110% until he left the building well and truly.

• Like 2

Guest Gunns

He was 10 years younger than Axl is now.

he was pumped full of a lot more drugs then what Axl is probably on, and was compartively more over weight then what Axl is.

and for fuck sake, Axl was KILLING it , only 3-4 years ago. So he was OLDER than Elvis back then, Fitter, but still killing it. so whats the reasoning for that?

He was 10 years younger than Axl is now.

he was pumped full of a lot more drugs then what Axl is probably on, and was compartively more over weight then what Axl is.

and for fuck sake, Axl was KILLING it , only 3-4 years ago. So he was OLDER than Elvis back then, Fitter, but still killing it. so whats the reasoning for that?

I feel like Elvis is a bad example to compare Axl to. It's not the same singing style. Axl's singing style is much more demanding. Elvis was a lazy fuck too, but he didn't have to sing WTTJ and YCBM and Paradise City every show.

The problem is Axl surely understands that he needs to do certain things to give ideal performances, but it seems that he's just going for it everytime he starts another tour, and whatever the state of his body at the time dictates the quality of his delivery. That's not very professional, and it's not good enough of a reason for him to do what it takes to have as much control over his voice as possible. The quality suffers for it, and it's on Axl imo.

Elvis was a drug addict, so in a way he was way more limited compared to Axl and what he can do to improve.

Edited by Rovim

I remember this picture from (I believe) the NYE show in 2001, which was really cool.

Can't be bothered to look it up tho, but he looked good in that one.

EDIT: This is the one.

Axl3.jpg

This site has some great pics from that show: http://www.lokaos.net/classic-gigs-01-guns-n-roses-las-vegas-31122001/

Edited by UcudBmine

Obese?!!

you're wrong, axl is obese.

axl has way more than 5-10kgs outside of a healthy weight, way more, he's easily 100 kg (220 pounds) :

7161_591032367603521_794383390_n.jpg

axlrose3013%20(29).jpg

Guest Gunns

Obese?!!

you're wrong, axl is obese.

axl has way more than 5-10kgs outside of a healthy weight, way more, he's easily 100 kg (220 pounds) :

7161_591032367603521_794383390_n.jpg

axlrose3013%20(29).jpg

you do know the difference between alcohol/bloat then actual, fat density and weight and obesity right?