Very rare pic of Axl - Rio 2001

Have never seen this in 13 years! It's very strange how Axl looks much closer to the 90's Axl than in all videos and photos from this gig (Rock in Rio 3).

10270468_676945945705832_343048696049305

Holy shit this is 1992 Axl but al ittle bit older (really not too much)

Completely different than the other pictures from RIR3

Thanx for this post

• Like 1

This is my favorite concert of all time! I can't tell ya how many times I've watched this show

Not including the small Vegas show, the Rio 2001 gig was the best moment in Nnw Gn'R's history. from this moment onwards, my interest evaporated. The BF Frank DjAsh era Gn'R is the worst. Slash & Duff era Gn'R will always be the best times.

axl looked ok until 2006. he's been obese since 2008.

Obese?!!

My god some people are completely delusional or have no idea what the definition of obese is. 5-10kgs outside of a healthy weight? Sure, obese ? Get the fuck out

you're wrong, axl is obese.

axl has way more than 5-10kgs outside of a healthy weight, way more, he's easily 100 kg (220 pounds) :

7161_591032367603521_794383390_n.jpg

axlrose3013%20(29).jpg

Does anyone know why his facil hair changed color? Like his eyebrows are almost non existant and beard, it used to be pretty red, dark... now it looks bleached O_o

Guest Gunns

Axl is waaay shorter then me, and when I met him last year, he was no way near a 100kg, im fucking 90 kg and im well covered and I towered him easily, jesus some people love playing armchair assholes

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across this. Haven't seen it before.

14060506650_93dacf7be2_o.jpg

I feel like there has to be a treasure trove of images from this show that we must be missing. It was a huge festival and GNR's big comeback.

Edited by Broskirose

I just came across this. Haven't seen it before.

14060506650_93dacf7be2_o.jpg

I feel like there has to be a treasure trove of images from this show that we must be missing. It was a huge festival and GNR's big comeback.

That pic is used on a bootleg cover from the show too!

Axl was so perfect in 2001. Perfect hair, perfect shape, perfect style, and perfect voice(IMO) & stage presence. Can't believe some people called him fat then. Those people must think he is obese now haha. When I saw them on Vegas New Years going into 2002, I was mind blown. Seemed like Axl and the new band had unlimited potential.

He's always been such a perfectionist, I can't believe he decided to give up and let himself go. I think he could get back in 2001 shape in 4-5 months, if he really wanted to. He should let me be his personal trainer, I KNOW I could get him back to where I'm sure he wants to be. Just light weights and stairmaster step machine everyday. No more alcohol and definitely no more prescription drugs. Those prescription drugs are bad news. I can just tell by looking at him now, he's not happy. Hiding behind layers of clothing, sunglasses and hats because he's self conscious of how he looks. No wonder he hardly moves on stage anymore, he must be hot as fuck with all those clothes and accessories on. Why not do something about it? It's not too late to turn things around. He'd feel so much better and more confident if he got back in shape.

Because when you are depressed and going under stress, pressures, when you are a ball of nerves and anxiety, nothing can motive you to get off your butt and exercise.

It's lack of dopamine or whatever..

You know you need to work out, you know you need to go on a diet and you know you look like shit. BUT the death pulsion is holding you back and very little can be done against that.

• Like 2

Have never seen this in 13 years! It's very strange how Axl looks much closer to the 90's Axl than in all videos and photos from this gig (Rock in Rio 3).

10270468_676945945705832_343048696049305

Is that Lenny in the front row with his mouth wide open?

He wasn't really fat at all in rio 2001, for Axl standards maybe cause we were used to seeing him slim and toned, he is toned in the pics. 2006 he was in real good shape, quite a bit of muscle and leaner, 2010 less muscular and a bit heavier but in fair good nick for a damn 50 year old then again not every 50 year old can live like Axl. Now he seems happy but not focusing on his physique as much, I'd say the lack of cardio hurts the performances more but he's still able to sing decently and his happiness is most important in a human sense.

Decently but for what he know the great man's capable of it's been no higher than decent.

Here's another cool one (at least I) hadn't seen before.

496218.JPG

I used that pic in a signature I made for someone here a long time ago, but it's not often posted.

I've never seen a bigger version, which is probably why.

Google Image searched for a bigger one and couldn't find a bigger one either. Did manage to find out it's from Rolling Stone. Perhaps they have more photos laying around that will never see the light of the day. Who knows...

• 6 months later...