The issue between Axl and Slash is that they are quite similar in too many things

For example, watch this video:

The same way axl wears sunglasses on stage, at night ... Slash doesn't take his sunglasses off, inside of the studio ....

But most important is what Slash says at 2:20 .... he never had to argue with Myles .... maybe that's the secret about their relationship ...

Maybe both, Axl n' Slash, like to be surrounded by some kind of yes-men ... they just can't handle the idea about having to argue against each other.

Maybe it is easier for them to understand one each other if they just accept their similarities, instead of cultivating their differences.
There can't be 2 cocks in the same roost.
What else do you think they have similar?
Edited by GUNNER PT

The same way axl wears sunglasses on stage, at night ... Slash doesn't take his sunglasses off, inside of the studio ....

But most important is what Slash says at 2:20 .... he never had to argue with Myles .... maybe that's the secret about their relationship ...

Maybe both, Axl n' Slash, like to be surrounded by some kind of yes-men ... they just can't handle the idea about having to argue against each other.

Maybe it is easier for them to understand one each other if they just accept their similarities, instead of cultivating their differences.

Who knows, but in a fight between them, i put my money on the 52 year old Axl over any Slash of any era.

• Like 1

He's talking about Scott as much has he is Axl, or just lead singers in general.

I couldn't disagree more. It's a bit different.

Slash needs to be pushed to his limits to get the best out of him. The UYIs have, what I consider to be, his best work to date. His solos, his melodies are amazing, and why? I assume because Axl pushed him, because when Axl presented a song to Slash, it was the instant connection between them, even when Slash didn't want to work on Axl's material (November Rain, Estranged - for example), as soon as he heard Axl vocals and melodies, he picked up his guitar and added his own magic. If you think about it, most 'epic', 'masterpiece' songs have both Slash and Axl working together. In some cases, Slash complemented Axl's work and in others, Axl complemented Slash's.

These four songs are clear examples. They have Slash's best guitar work and Axl's best lyrics.

- November Rain

- Estranged

- Coma

- Locomotive

Slash is now more lazy, in the sense of that he now prefers to write 3 minute songs, riff riff chorus 30-second solo chorus riff riff and that's it. It's cool, I like the rawness of that, but he's no going to re-write AFD, you know? Also, I won't deny that I prefer the 7-minute long songs with deep lyrics and 3 solos including a big outro - and Axl was a mastermind for that. I mean, when you think about it, Axl was working on November Rain for years, do you even know a person who would spend years working on one song? :lol:

Axl can claim Slash should have left Guns after Lies but he gave Slash his best songs to work on. He trusted Slash and he even thanked him for Estranged on the UYI booklet. It gives this sense of Axl listening to his song - now completed, and thinking "goddamn, this could have never sounded better. Slash's guitar added so much to my song. I'm surprised".

Now, as for Axl, I think he needs to be pushed to work on something at all. After Chinese Democracy was not well accepted and the nightmare he had to go through, he needs someone to tell him "you're fucking it up, wake up, this is the right way to do things, release music - rehearse - tour - release music - rehearse - tour - interact with your fans - release music - rehearse - tour". By being surrounded by hangers-on and yes-men, he doesn't have anyone telling him he's wrong. I mean, this is assuming that Axl still has the desire of writing music.

To summarize, Slash is always writing music and releasing records for his fans to enjoy but the quality of the music could be superior when and if he has the right guy pushing him and the right guy killing those notes with awesome vocals. Axl is not releasing music, he's not rehearsing, he's not giving good performances, he's not giving his fans what they want but he could very well be if the right guy tells him to wake the fuck up and helps him remember that he once was one of the greatest frontmen of all time.

That is a really great post, well said.

I actually think they are just too different.

Where Axl is a perfectionist, Slash has always been described as very laid back.

I know people who are laid back, get on my nerves because it usually means more work for me.

I just feel Slash went along with Axl just to keep the peace, but honestly, challenging him would have been better. I think it would have showed Axl that the other band members have opinions and should be counted, but since it's been a long time, it doesn't matter now.

But that is one of the reasons why Slash will never be a guest performer in Axl's band.

I actually think they are just too different.

Where Axl is a perfectionist, Slash has always been described as very laid back.

I know people who are laid back, get on my nerves because it usually means more work for me.

I just feel Slash went along with Axl just to keep the peace, but honestly, challenging him would have been better. I think it would have showed Axl that the other band members have opinions and should be counted, but since it's been a long time, it doesn't matter now.

But that is one of the reasons why Slash will never be a guest performer in Axl's band.

Because he is too laid back?

So was Slash was "too laid back" during the 1987-1991 period when GnR released four albums and toured the world?

And are you saying that people who are "laid back" are also lazy? Because those two very different things. I enjoy working with people that have laid back personalities and that aren't micromanaging or freaking out about every little detail. I'll take a laid back co-worker or boss over a perfectionist or high strung one every day of the week.

I've always thought they were equally stubborn. The real problem is Slash likes to pretend he doesn't care about anything and Axl cares about everything too much.

Axl took everything that Slash did after Guns as a slap in the face. He took everything personal.

Slash pretended everything was stupid and only the future matters, so of course with Axl's heavy heart towards slash it hurt that Slash was carrying on and acting like Axl was the reason the fans can't have Guns. (Which may be true..who knows?)

They are two completely different personalities, but the one thing they do share is a want to have full control. Both guys need to be top dog, and when you have two guys like that there's a good chance they won't get along. Now both are in full control...hell Slash's band name is Slash, and Axl is in control of Guns.

I think Axl is stubborn for keeping the name. It's not that he isn't deserving, it's that the name Guns n Roses has done more harm to Axl's music career since he took over than good for him.

Slash needs to be pushed to his limits to get the best out of him. The UYIs have, what I consider to be, his best work to date. His solos, his melodies are amazing, and why? I assume because Axl pushed him, because when Axl presented a song to Slash, it was the instant connection between them, even when Slash didn't want to work on Axl's material (November Rain, Estranged - for example), as soon as he heard Axl vocals and melodies, he picked up his guitar and added his own magic. If you think about it, most 'epic', 'masterpiece' songs have both Slash and Axl working together. In some cases, Slash complemented Axl's work and in others, Axl complemented Slash's.

These four songs are clear examples. They have Slash's best guitar work and Axl's best lyrics.

- November Rain

- Estranged

- Coma

- Locomotive

Slash is now more lazy, in the sense of that he now prefers to write 3 minute songs, riff riff chorus 30-second solo chorus riff riff and that's it. It's cool, I like the rawness of that, but he's no going to re-write AFD, you know? Also, I won't deny that I prefer the 7-minute long songs with deep lyrics and 3 solos including a big outro - and Axl was a mastermind for that. I mean, when you think about it, Axl was working on November Rain for years, do you even know a person who would spend years working on one song? :lol:

Axl can claim Slash should have left Guns after Lies but he gave Slash his best songs to work on. He trusted Slash and he even thanked him for Estranged on the UYI booklet. It gives this sense of Axl listening to his song - now completed, and thinking "goddamn, this could have never sounded better. Slash's guitar added so much to my song. I'm surprised".

Now, as for Axl, I think he needs to be pushed to work on something at all. After Chinese Democracy was not well accepted and the nightmare he had to go through, he needs someone to tell him "you're fucking it up, wake up, this is the right way to do things, release music - rehearse - tour - release music - rehearse - tour - interact with your fans - release music - rehearse - tour". By being surrounded by hangers-on and yes-men, he doesn't have anyone telling him he's wrong. I mean, this is assuming that Axl still has the desire of writing music.

To summarize, Slash is always writing music and releasing records for his fans to enjoy but the quality of the music could be superior when and if he has the right guy pushing him and the right guy killing those notes with awesome vocals. Axl is not releasing music, he's not rehearsing, he's not giving good performances, he's not giving his fans what they want but he could very well be if the right guy tells him to wake the fuck up and helps him remember that he once was one of the greatest frontmen of all time.

Couldn't have said it better!!!!

When a band has 2 HUGE EGOS they either find a way to work together or implode!!! It's was BOTH there fault.

- November Rain

- Estranged

- Coma

- Locomotive

1016.gif

Nice one.

- November Rain

- Estranged

- Coma

- Locomotive

/thread

Edited by WhazUp