Guns N' Roses Documentary "The Perfect Crime"

I distinctly remember reading about this in late 1992/early 1993 that it was in the works, basically everything on the UYI tour was filmed.

Nothing ever became of it..

In 2007, i went to a meet and greet for Velvet Revolver and i specifically asked Duff about it "oh man, that was all shelved" is what he said , Slash heard what he said, but not what i said and asked him and Duff said "he was asking about the documentary"

When you see Live and Let die and Dead Horse and Estranged videos, the footage in them is most surely from that documentary filming!

Can you guys even imagine how cool that would be to see the thing edited and put into a 2+ hour long DVD?

I think chances are better seeing a new G N R record than that, unfortunately

That is THE HOLY GRAIL of GNR..and Axl won't release it because he does not want to promote Slash...and is afraid of that footage as it glorifies the old band which is the only

glorified era of GUNS N ROSES...you know when cities fuckin went crazy when they passed through, riots....raw rock n roll band.

• Like 2

Maybe Axl blocking this and the rapid fire thing is why Slash said "no" to the current GnR concert dvd?

How do you know Axl is blocking it again?

He told me during drinks at a Mexican buffet we went to for Easter breakfast a couple years ago.

I just hope that someday, somehow, someway.... all of that stuff will surface.

No kidding.

That's the only thing that bothers me about the feud between the two guys. Fans of their music are the ones that lose out in the end.

Maybe Axl blocking this and the rapid fire thing is why Slash said "no" to the current GnR concert dvd?

He told me during drinks at a Mexican buffet we went to for Easter breakfast a couple years ago.

No kidding.

That's the only thing that bothers me about the feud between the two guys. Fans of their music are the ones that lose out in the end.

So you don't know that it is Axl blocking it?
  • Like 1

No kidding.

Sigh. Come on dude..

I thought that starting the sentence off with "Maybe" and then ending it with a "?" were two pretty good indicators that I was making a guess.

We don't know. Just like we don't know the reasons why the GnR live dvd/concert has been held up.

None of us know the inner going-ons between Axl and Slash, Axl and his label, how much Beta controls the show, if DJ and BBF really get along, if BBF is unhappy and going to quit, etc, etc, etc. We all just make guesses and share our opinion.

No kidding.

Sigh. Come on dude..

I thought that starting the sentence off with "Maybe" and then ending it with a "?" were two pretty good indicators that I was making a guess.

We don't know. Just like we don't know the reasons why the GnR live dvd/concert has been held up.

None of us know the inner going-ons between Axl and Slash, Axl and his label, how much Beta controls the show, if DJ and BBF really get along, if BBF is unhappy and going to quit, etc, etc, etc. We all just make guesses and share our opinion.

False. I share facts.

No kidding.

Sigh. Come on dude..

False. I share facts.

Well duh.

I meant to say everybody here offers opinions and guesses, except for you. Facts are the only thing that you post.

Sorry for the miscommunication on my part.

• Like 1

No kidding.

Sigh. Come on dude..

False. I share facts.

Well duh.

I meant to say everybody here offers opinions and guesses, except for you. Facts are the only thing that you post.

About time somebody recognizes. Thanks man.

I thought it got shelved because Axl wouldn't show up to negotiate what material was used, and basically all the copyright contract crap never got approved because nobody could get a hold of Axl. Duff and Slash didn't care they were easy to get through but nothing got done without Axl's approval so the whole thing just disappeared. I'm sure someone at Geffen has a rough draft of the thing.

I remember reading that somewhere in an old article, but I can't prove it so take it with a grain of salt...if that.

No kidding.

Sigh. Come on dude..

False. I share facts.
Well duh.

About time somebody recognizes. Thanks man.

I'm a Damn Smooth Nutter for life!!!!

• Like 1

No kidding.

Come off it, we all know that Axl is blocking any old guns material... have we learnt nothing from Marcs chats? he has zero interest in advertising anything to with old-guns.

Look it's a shame! yes people would watch it and get all "what happened!?... wish they could have worked it out" but , would it adversely affect nuguns? no, people know the story, nobody is expecting a reunion and the only thing releasing a documentary like this would do is promote GnR and make lots of money, as well as possibly mending some bridges between old members and other business associates.

No kidding.

Come off it, we all know that Axl is blocking any old guns material... have we learnt nothing from Marcs chats? he has zero interest in advertising anything to with old-guns.

Look it's a shame! yes people would watch it and get all "what happened!?... wish they could have worked it out" but , would it adversely affect nuguns? no, people know the story, nobody is expecting a reunion and the only thing releasing a documentary like this would do is promote GnR and make lots of money, as well as possibly mending some bridges between old members and other business associates.

False. We all know jack shit. This was shelved before the old band split and we also know that Slash and Duff tried blocking Greatest Hits along with Axl. This could be anything and blaming anybody is ignorant with the lack of evidence we have.