What famous/classic albums have you tried listening to and couldn't finish them because they were so bad?

GivenToFly

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound / The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

The Who - Tommy / Quadrophenia

Those 4 all have some great songs and are by most standards great albums. Just... not my cup of tea.

Sex Pistols - Nevermind The Bollocks

I'm sorry, but this is just really awful. Sorry Lenny.

Van Halen - Every classic Van Halen Album.

My intense dislike for DLR just ruins it. Eddie is great though.

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

I tried to like this album SO much. I love some of his other stuff. A Kind Of Blue is phenomenal. But this is just... SO incoherent.

I should headbutt you for that Bitches Brew assessment, come on Ron, i expected better from you man :lol:

I tried so hard, I'm sorry.. :(

Guest Len B'stard

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound / The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

The Who - Tommy / Quadrophenia

Those 4 all have some great songs and are by most standards great albums. Just... not my cup of tea.

Sex Pistols - Nevermind The Bollocks

I'm sorry, but this is just really awful. Sorry Lenny.

Van Halen - Every classic Van Halen Album.

My intense dislike for DLR just ruins it. Eddie is great though.

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

I tried to like this album SO much. I love some of his other stuff. A Kind Of Blue is phenomenal. But this is just... SO incoherent.

I should headbutt you for that Bitches Brew assessment, come on Ron, i expected better from you man :lol:

You don't find it really mood enducing and kinda creepy and like...I dunno, to me it just makes me think of like...i dunno, a really creepy urban landscape, kinda like how San Francisco looks like in Dirty Harry. I just LOVE that album, it's totally mental.

You don't find it really mood enducing and kinda creepy and like...I dunno, to me it just makes me think of like...i dunno, a really creepy urban landscape, kinda like how San Francisco looks like in Dirty Harry. I just LOVE that album, it's totally mental.
I do get that! The whole emotional soundscape thing is interesting. And I'm not entirely against it either. Pink Floyd did some amazing stuff built on the same idea (but also failed miserably on other stuff). I do get how it's mood-inducing. But it just doesn't captivate me. Doesn't pull me in and then eventually I get bored with concentrating on it to find something. Again, I love Miles. He's stellar. But this one I just can't get into.

prince- purple rain

Whilst you're the big metal guy around here, I don't think I've found anyone who didn't like that album on first listen.

i have to give it another listen it has been a while. i just couldn't get into it.

Beatles records
The songs in 90% are pure overrated garbage
Sorry i understand their historical position but Beatles was a shit band

For those who say Nevermind the bollocks
Here's the bootleg version that came out earlier than the actual record
Much more raw sound i think it's a bit better for your ears, lol
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7455C0A9DC4DC6F3

Edited by Crash Diet
  • Like 1

You've never finished Nevermind? I find that hard to believe.

Not even joking, never finished it. There's songs on it I've never heard. Mind you, I put it on just once, and never got past Territorial
I didn't get Nwvermind for the first 4 years I had it. Then when you finally realise how good the songwriting is on that album it automatically becomes a favourite.
  • Like 1