Holy shit! Prince is releasing his new album with WARNER BROS and is opening the vault / doing remasters

Towelie

Any Prince fan knows what big news this is! This would be like Axl offering the hand of friendship to Slash, getting the old band back together and releasing a new album. It''s that big.

Never thought the day would come...

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

Prince has been touring like crazy, I think the next US date is in New Orleans at a festival, but he spent the last year playing festivals and club shows and putting new music out.

He has a lot of post Warners stuff he hasn't released in years or were digital download only for the fan club, I think he should have a new greatest hits going from 94-14 just for the casual fans to get reacquainted with what he's put out since "The Most Beautiful Girl In The World", and the videos.

Hopefully this means he's restoring some of the songs that had to be edited due to vinyl length at the time, or put songs he had to take off. He's probably been sitting on "Purple Rain" for a while.

Prince and The Revolution reunion? Maybe... it would be cool to see Wendy and Lisa on stage with 3EG.

This is great news!!

I don't know what I am exited for, a deluxe edition of Purple Rain or a new album, both in the same year will kick ass.

And I am hoping to see a release of the rest of the Camille songs, hell maybe even include a box set with the tracks from Crystall Ball that eventually became SOTT

Prince opening his vault = Axl putting out all CD-era material

Except Prince has at least 20X more material in his vault. ;)

More like 200x more.

Seriously, I have about 20 discs full of Prince outtakes, unreleased tracks, bootlegs etc. All different songs, from different eras, some of which are complete garbage, some of it amongst the finest music ever committed to tape.

The man is a music making machine.

I thought Emancipation was great.

I wholeheartedly agree. It gets a lot of shit by a lot of fans, probably because of the sheer quantity of tracks, but for me personally, it has always been one of my favourite Prince albums. Songs like Face Down, Joint 2 Joint, In This Bed I Scream, Courtin Time, Soul Sanctuary, New World, The Human Body.... these are amongst his very best work IMO.