One In A Million

Snowmass

The Limelite version is pretty cool... I think I recall classicrawker saying he was at that gig. If so I wonder if he might want to tell us about the show. Did anything stand out??? Things of that nature.....

• 1 year later...
On 4/20/2014 at 6:22 AM, SoulMonster said:

They played Val du Lakes Amphitheater in Mears, Michigan in July 30, 1988, as part of their tour with Aerosmith. I have never heard of them playing the same venue on the exact date one year before. What is your source for this? I also don't have the full setlist for the 1988 show in Mears, but I doubt strongly they would play that song again.

I was there.  It happened.  

• 2 weeks later...

It's a masterpiece and I wouldn't change it for the world. Especially the demo actually.

Axl isn't a homophobe or a racist either and after everything he went through after it was released I'm surprised some of you are saying it's hate speech? I don't understand why it's a contest to see who's the most "P.C" nowadays?

It's a story... Maybe you'd say hooray for tolerance! if you were a straight guy and you woke up to some guy trying to slip you the D; you may drop the "N" bomb if you were getting hassle from black guys as an easy target and their trying to mug you off with fake Rolexes especially if they wouldn't take no for an answer and you felt threatened? You'd be pissed of with immigrants if you were an American being treated like you don't belong there by someone that can't even speak English - "Hurry up and buy!"

P.S They would've hardly played it, especially once the media picked up on it. When they did the CBGB's gig you heard the audience laughing at lines in the song. I expect that didn't go down well with Axl as that's not what he was getting at.

He took a lot of shit for that song but I'm glad he did and after reading this thread I've been listening to it again and learning to play it. Axl Rose has guts, he's real and as always, he does what he wants.

One of my favorites from Guns. Axl's voice, Slash's solo, Izzy's electric guitar part. It all comes together perfectly. The subject matter is cool if you're not a bitch.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1