GN'R songs that start off great but end in lackluster style

Surely there's gotta be some songs that you think just come out the gates kicking ass and then your interest fades halfway through or at the end whether it be to being progressive changing or songs lasting too long. Here's some of mine.

1. Locomotive (it drags out a little too long for my tastes and ends on a flat compared to how it starts

2. Human Being (waaaaaay too long)

3. Chinese Democracy (good song overall, just somewhere around the main guitar solo it kinda loses steam and it's time to move on to the next song.

Am I missing any?

Surely there's gotta be some songs that you think just come out the gates kicking ass and then your interest fades halfway through or at the end whether it be to being progressive changing or songs lasting too long. Here's some of mine.

1. Locomotive (it drags out a little too long for my tastes and ends on a flat compared to how it starts

Whhhhhuuuuhhhh???!!! I'm the complete opposite with Locomotive, the outro is one of the best things GNR has ever done, it's just the middle that could lose a couple of minutes. GNR generally seems to excel at outros (RQ, Patience, SCOM), the only one which comes to mind to me is the studio version of Nightrain, ends just as Slash's final solo really gets going :max:

• Like 1

It's not that I hated the outro it just seemed like they drug the main part of that song out just a little too long. If they had cut a verse out or something and shortened the song by about a minute and kept the outro I might have a completely different take it. I guess what I'm saying is it seems like it takes forever to get to that part even though I know it really doesn't.

• Like 1

It's not that I hated the outro it just seemed like they drug the main part of that song out just a little too long. If they had cut a verse out or something and shortened the song by about a minute and kept the outro I might have a completely different take it. I guess what I'm saying is it seems like it takes forever to get to that part even though I know it really doesn't.

Basically what I said :lol:

Basically what I said :lol:

lol yes you did. Sorry, I missed that one. :facepalm:

One In A Million

Breakdown

I almost threw breakdown in there but figured the shitstorm that would ensue for that would be more than I'd be willing to debate over. I knew locomotive would be risky too lol

KOHD... It starts brilliant and is the best version of this song till the phone call. I've to scip the end every time.

Locomotive is fucking great and the outro is one of the best moments in rock history. Axl's piano and his hypnotic singing along with Slashs leads is just incredible. What I don't really like in Locomotive is Axls voice. Generally I love his voice but in Locomotive it sounds...weird.