What is said at the start of prostitute?

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

so we're aware of the 'tomorrow never comes' part in Catcher

(for those that aren't) :

but what is said at the start of prostitute? Some people think it's "I love you" , Bumblefood said once in an online chat, when it was pointed out, that he can hear something but doesn't know what it is,

am I hearing things, or can others hear something too? It sounds like a voice whispering something (cue I see dead people jokes)

its at 0:03 - 0:04 in the video

Edited by Gunns

Without You.

is this what you hear, or what someone said they think it is?

I saw it somewhere else a while back around the release of ChiDem, not sure if it was confirmed or not, but since then I can't unhear it.

Guest Gunns

You can hear it clearer on this multitrack rip, almost 100% sure it's "Without You":

is that a second one at 0:16-0:17?

the plot thickens

Edited by Gunns

You can hear it clearer on this multitrack rip, almost 100% sure it's "Without You":

is that a second one at 0:16-0:17?

the plot thickens

Hah I did notice that but it doesn't sound like any word(s) in the English language, almost sounds like backmasking (maybe it's the Without You from before played backwards?).

Guest Gunns

There is definitely some filter effects applied to both the first and second (well that or they are heavily buried in the multiple layers).

I always wondered what it said at the start of it. I never noticed exactly what that wailing stuff on CITR says even though I've listened to it maybe a hundred times, amazing how I'm still picking stuff up from those frenetic fruitful layers of landscape.

• Like 1

These are the type of questions Axl was probably expecting when he came on the forums. Instead he got blasted with questions about the old band and what happened. He was probably ready to talk about Chinese democracy.

But I do remember reading a question that someone asked him about the album. It was along the lines of "can you explain the meaning of certain songs" and I think Axl said he would let us figure out the meaning but over time he would explain what he was conveying. He did mention the inspiration for a few songs like catcher, so maybe I'm not being completely fair in criticizing the forum.

I think he might enjoy talking about little missed things on the album that he placed in there intentionally though. Axl should come make a visit here again. It's time haha