**ENTRIES CLOSING JUN 7TH** - WIN a RARE copy of Chinese Democracy w/ **RED HAND alternative artwork**

Competition law requires that people that have supported this website financially or work for this website, even if it not for a fee, are not allowed to enter.

So if you fall in this category, I would leave it

Huh?

Competition law (Aka, antitrust law) prevents trusts.... It stops monopolies from big companies... It has nothing to do with contests on a forum.

OK, that's what u thought. Thank you for clarification.

If Bacardi wins, and I hope he does, I hope you guys have the balls to stick to what you guys said. Seriously.

No, we're obviously not going to give it to a joke entry.

Expected to see a few, and I hope to see a few more though.

this idea was proposed before and nothing happened. I was originally told the banner was only temporary.

Like GN'R, promises made and yet nothing happens. (sigh)

It was only supposed to be temporary.

Unfortunately the last contest didn't really have a prize, so we didn't get any particularly good submissions. I'm hoping that this might get us a few entries of a professional standard. :)

Because you can vote/like for more than one.

Only one will be counted per member.

But for entries that are obvious jokes, like away. Not going to count those likes as votes, so it's all good.

• Like 1

This is probably extremely ignorant, but where can we see submissions and how do we vote on them? Or are we not there yet?

They're posted in this thread, you vote by "Liking" the post with the entry you want to win. 1 vote per person, 3 entries per person.

Competition law requires that people that have supported this website financially or work for this website, even if it not for a fee, are not allowed to enter.

So if you fall in this category, I would leave it

Huh?

Competition law (Aka, antitrust law) prevents trusts.... It stops monopolies from big companies... It has nothing to do with contests on a forum.

Ah yes the USA law... does not apply to me. I don't even know if I will submit though anyway, but if I don't it won't be because of an American law I can say that ;)

Something to consider guys: the item can attract a significant fee, so you could hire a graphic designer and still break profit. ;)

i don't think anyone would have the initiative to do this anyway, but i just wanted to say i'd consider this to be a bit disingenuous and kind of an undermining of the whole point behind the contest. i'd prefer to see actual forum members submit stuff they made. if some third party professional designer made the banner it would kinda take some of the fun out of the whole thing. that's just my opinion though. and i think it's kind of a moot point because i doubt many people here would do that anyway.

• Like 2

Threw some photos I took together quickly just to give a rough sketch of what I envision for the banner, will have to teach myself Photoshop to blend it all in/colour correct but should be fun:

2MTijWj.png

Quick blurring and desaturating test:

XrjA5T7.png

Banner + Logo:

lvWHJ88.png

Banner + Logo (Red):

2GqKqLA.png

Sepia + Star (will use star for logo):

bi0aX2y.png

Edited by Amir
  • Like 2

If anyone wants my vote your design better have the AFD five in it.

If I had any photos of Duff or Izzy I'd include them, only managed a couple of shitty shots of Izzy at the London 2012 shows.

Something to consider guys: the item can attract a significant fee, so you could hire a graphic designer and still break profit. ;)

i don't think anyone would have the initiative to do this anyway, but i just wanted to say i'd consider this to be a bit disingenuous and kind of an undermining of the whole point behind the contest. i'd prefer to see actual forum members submit stuff they made. if some third party professional designer made the banner it would kinda take some of the fun out of the whole thing. that's just my opinion though. and i think it's kind of a moot point because i doubt many people here would do that anyway.

It was more of a light-hearted jab at pulling an MSL-style heist, than an actual point. But OK.

• Like 1

Also, if anyone wants to use any of my pictures, PM me and I can get you versions without my watermark. You can see my watermarked versions at these links:

Hamilton 2011:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrf33n3y/sets/72157628226225801/

The Ritz 2012:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrf33n3y/sets/72157629361782243/

Buffalo 2013:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87319507@N06/sets/72157634031971304/

Brooklyn Bowl 2013:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87319507@N06/sets/72157634057863739/

Governors Ball 2013:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87319507@N06/sets/72157634112498583/

• Like 1

Holy cow, this is awesome! Who the hell has an extra "Red Hand" to donate? Must be the guy that saved the forum! (Pls don't ban me :awesomeface: )

I have no graphic design talent, but look forward to judging! Thanks Subs and co.

Edited by ZoSoRose