Help me raise money to see the country and write my book

Dan H.

What. I didn't really want to donate to someone that I didn't really know as a community member.

If it had been a long time poster then I probably would've been more supportive. But it seems like that person joined the forum made 56 posts and started asking for donations, so no I didn't want to donate.

I'm not at all embarrassed by that, so I don't think of it as being 'busted'.

Is this more Busted?

Busted+2002+Busted.jpg

What. I didn't really want to donate to someone that I didn't really know as a community member.

If it had been a long time poster then I probably would've been more supportive. But it seems like that person joined the forum made 56 posts and started asking for donations, so no I didn't want to donate.

I'm not at all embarrassed by that, so I don't think of it as being 'busted'.

Is this more Busted?

Busted+2002+Busted.jpg

I guess so?

From this thread a few weeks ago: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205988-cosmos-a-spacetime-odyssey/

Gonna roast a b and check this shit out tonight

How do we know you're not going to spend it on:

BLUNTS.jpg

?

Like Frank from House of Cards would say...."Is there anything else we need to know about from your past, before you start campaigning?"

tumblr_mqplubhKaz1s89mq8o1_500.gif

:P

From this thread a few weeks ago: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205988-cosmos-a-spacetime-odyssey/

Gonna roast a b and check this shit out tonight

How do we know you're not going to spend it on:

BLUNTS.jpg

?

Like Frank from House of Cards would say...."Is there anything else we need to know about from your past, before you start campaigning?"

tumblr_mqplubhKaz1s89mq8o1_500.gif

:P

Ya got me. I just want two grand worth of 'dro tbh.

:lol:

But yeah, I realize it's an unusual request for donations, but any amount would help and be appreciated.

Edited by LiveFromNormal
  • Like 2

You traveling I-10? I see you said from Texas to New Mexico, and then on to Arizona and Cali. That is I-10. Would be an interesting read if that was the case. I traveled that road a few times.

I'm from a very small town in Alabama, but some of the towns I exited off to get gas on that road seem like something out of a David Lynch film. Like the only grocery store in town was also the post office,the police department,and neighborhood bar.

If you do this, it would cool if you gave your friends on MYGNR a preview. Like everyday post what your day was like.

Will donate, and good luck man.

With respect, you should work until you are able to finance the venture yourself. Or approach a website/publishing company with your writings; and they may become interested in easing your fees somewhat. But be warned, it's a very hard field to break in to. Make sure your thoughts are advanced enough to really grab somebody's attention.

As far as me personally sponsoring you - absolutely not. As unfortunate for you as it may be; there are too many pressing causes in life that demand my money and attention. It's 5 or 10 pound that I'd rather invest in children being able to eat - *sorry if I'm coming across as a moralising cunt here* - than sponsoring some hipster that wants to describe experiences people should thrive to see for themselves!

• Like 1

You traveling I-10? I see you said from Texas to New Mexico, and then on to Arizona and Cali. That is I-10. Would be an interesting read if that was the case. I traveled that road a few times.

I'm from a very small town in Alabama, but some of the towns I exited off to get gas on that road seem like something out of a David Lynch film. Like the only grocery store in town was also the post office,the police department,and neighborhood bar.

If you do this, it would cool if you gave your friends on MYGNR a preview. Like everyday post what your day was like.

Will donate, and good luck man.

Actually yes, I-10 is the interstate I plan on traveling on for the southwest portion of the trip.

And that sounds awesome, I remember talking to you about Dothan at some point on here. I love the southeast, I was raised in South Georgia in a town near Plains. It's a beautiful place, it's almost like a different country than the northern midwest where I live now. I love how different all the regions of this country are and I'm excited to see what they have to offer.

With respect, you should work until you are able to finance the venture yourself. Or approach a website/publishing company with your writings; and they may become interested in easing your fees somewhat. But be warned, it's a very hard field to break in to. Make sure your thoughts are advanced enough to really grab somebody's attention.

As far as me personally sponsoring you - absolutely not. As unfortunate for you as it may be; there are too many pressing causes in life that demand my money and attention. It's 5 or 10 pound that I'd rather invest in children being able to eat - *sorry if I'm coming across as a moralising cunt here* - than sponsoring some hipster that wants to describe experiences people should thrive to see for themselves!

Hey I totally respect that man, and I appreciate your advice.

nothing wrong with asking. i think kickstarter or something similar would be a good bet, if you have stuff to show and some snippets of your book you could post them on the kickstarter and see what you get.

With all the cheap bastards here who can't even cough up 5 bucks to donate to the forum that they spend thousands of hours on (which I don't fault them for necessarily, it's just relevant to what i'm about to say next), how much money do you think you're really going to get here? You'll be lucky to get 20 dollars, total.

Go to kickstarter too. I know someone who did a similar thing (traveling around, writing with random people he ran into), and he got some donations.

• Like 1

With all the cheap bastards here who can't even cough up 5 bucks to donate to the forum that they spend thousands of hours on (which I don't fault them for necessarily, it's just relevant to what i'm about to say next), how much money do you think you're really going to get here? You'll be lucky to get 20 dollars, total.

I was going to mention this as well.....and the fact that all we did for a couple of members that had cancer was start a "Get well soon" thread for them..... :ph34r:

• Like 2

$5k for transport, food, drink and accommodation? That would last a couple of weeks at the absolute most I'd imagine. That said if you're only $2k short then you could probably save that in the space of three or four months if you're careful with your cash. Best of luck though and if you're heading west on the 10 from New Orleans then take a detour around Houston cuz it's a fuckin' nightmare to drive through!

Edited by Dazey

$5k for transport, food, drink and accommodation? That would last a couple of weeks at the absolute most I'd imagine. That said if you're only $2k short then you could probably save that in the space of three or four months if you're careful with your cash. Best of luck though and if you're heading west on the 10 from New Orleans then take a detour around Houston cuz it's a fuckin' nightmare to drive through!

Disagree.

(I-10) Houston is one of the funniest of America's big cities to drive through. 70 through downtown....I loved it. Like a video game.

Disagree.

(I-10) Houston is one of the funniest of America's big cities to drive through. 70 through downtown....I loved it. Like a video game.

It's bloody awful! Had to go back and forth through it twice in the space of two days and it just goes on forever. Loved some of the little rural towns a bit further along though. Shiner brewery is a cool place to visit and you get free beer which is always a plus. :lol: