Help me raise money to see the country and write my book

Dan H.

$5k for transport, food, drink and accommodation? That would last a couple of weeks at the absolute most I'd imagine. That said if you're only $2k short then you could probably save that in the space of three or four months if you're careful with your cash. Best of luck though and if you're heading west on the 10 from New Orleans then take a detour around Houston cuz it's a fuckin' nightmare to drive through!

Disagree.

(I-10) Houston is one of the funniest of America's big cities to drive through. 70 through downtown....I loved it. Like a video game.

It's bloody awful! Had to go back and forth through it twice in the space of two days and it just goes on forever. Loved some of the little rural towns a bit further along though. Shiner brewery is a cool place to visit and you get free beer which is always a plus. :lol:

In terms of traffic, I think Baton Rouge and New Orleans suck a donkey's ******. Wrecked a car dealing with that b*llshit. And I was just passing through (Baton Rouge).

Edited by SunnyDRE
  • Like 1

I've donated $750 to help you on your way. Hope that you get the rest and have a great time.

The thread may be a pile of shit, but some of the replies in have have been worse. Real eye-opener.

Yeah, no kidding....like the one above....nothing like getting the guy's hopes up. Who would do that?

:P

Edited by Kasanova King

LiveFromNormal,

I can't donate much money, but I am a professional in digital publishing. I will happily proofread, typeset and create PDF, .ePub and .mobi formats for you to publish online (including to the Kindle store). I'll even design the cover for you if you wish, all for free. ;) PM me if you want to discuss this or see some samples of my work.

I really hope that this goes well for you and that you have the time of your life. :)

• Like 1

Live have you looked into the market for this? I was at my town's small library this weekend in the new release section and there were several books that are based on exactly what you are trying to do. Were you going to send me your writing samples like you said?

Are you going the Steinbeck route?

Are you driving or hitchhiking? Is it going to be humorous or are you going to go to out of the way places, and try and find scary or dangerous places? Are you following the trail/path of a serial killer? Checking out local famous haunted spots? So the plot is a 24 year old guy travels around the US. What is the gimmick that will make people want to buy it?

24 year old guy sucks and swallows his way across the USA.

That might get a publisher's attention.

A Gloryhole theme?

I was thinking more hitchhiking and truckers. Could combine the two and go for a glory hole at truck stops, I guess.

He could do a book AND a DVD of his travels.

I bet the DVD would make more money than the book. Or maybe an internet website showing the highlights, and then people can buy the full length DVD and book off of the website.

• Like 1

I hope your writing is better than your planning.

I bet you do, you got 750 invested

I'm in agreement that the 3k should be enough, strapping a backpack on, taking seedy bus trips from destination to destination, sleeping under the stars, taking an occasional dishwashing job, or painting someones barn, washing your clothes in the local laundry mats would make for a much more interesting look at America.

I may even buy a book from that perspective.

Your plan now sounds like a Rand McNally tourist book

• Like 3

As mentioned, I think your book would be more enjoyable if you were broke and hitched across the country. Good luck though.

Now that I've thought about it, if you drive through my town, Ill put my cock in your ear and stuff a fist full of singles up your ass. Put that in chapter 6...

Edited by T.wa.T

24 year old guy sucks and swallows his way across the USA.

That might get a publisher's attention.

A Gloryhole theme?

I was thinking more hitchhiking and truckers. Could combine the two and go for a glory hole at truck stops, I guess.

How about a tour visiting all the gloryholes in America, licking the holes and giving reviews?