I miss this shit

The best Axl rant is when he tells his own crowd of fans to shut the fuck up so he can stop the show to have a bizarre but powerful rant about being fucked up, He was one in a million in many ways and it seems the fire is smouldering now, hope it's cause he's happy and found peace and not cause he's crushed by the burden he took on. I'm sure it's a blend of both though.

And wasn't that over halfway through the show, untouchable performer when he's at his pinnacle,

if i remember right it was the last song before the encores.

And if I remember correctly he had a broken fucking leg

yeah it was awesome. axl in his prime was the greatest front man that walked the planet.

if i remember right it was the last song before the encores.

And if I remember correctly he had a broken fucking leg

Leg was not broken.

He required the cast and boot because of injury to his achilles tendon or ligaments in his ankle that where a childhood injury that he re injured during the shows at the ritz and the filming of YCBM because he was jumping off everything in sight.

There is a youtube video where he is being fitted for the boot and talks about the injury and he had Slash come in with him and Dr and had the Dr tell Slash he need surgery and 6 months off and Slash about fell over because the tour was about to start.

Here is the video

Edited by bigcountry
  • Like 1

Found the video I was looking for..... He had a bruised heel and ligament damage, but doesn't say which, he did first hurt it as a kid and they couldn't afford to fix it.

He goes into more detail on the Slash and DR. bit he pulled.

Starts about the 3:40 mark

• Like 1

This is the shit I miss. The definition of Rock N Roll right here :headbang:

That was the song they opened with the first time I saw them and it was just :wow:

You just don't get GnR performances like that anymore.

• Like 1