Easter

Dan H.

Happy Easter y'all, what's the plan today?

Church?

Egg hunt with the kids?

Dinner with the family?

Getting shitfaced with your other loser friends who don't have a family?

Picked up a bottle of Knob Creek last night in preparation for getting shitfaced with my other loser friends who don't have a family

The pastor said something today that made me think. He said,

'If you don't believe Jesus rose from the dead, you are wasting your time.'

And you know, as a non-religious person that made me really think. I don't think I was wasting my time at church today. I don't mind going to church. I used to hate it as a kid, but when I'm older I just find some of the scripture fun and a good read. Do I believe? Absolutely not. But I do love stories and I like the sense of community a church can bring, so I would disagree. I wasn't wasting my time at all.

• Like 1

We've had three egg hunts today. One at home, one at my parents' house and one at the inlaws' house. We ate way too much and drank some nice cava and white wine. Just hung around with my family and later with the inlaws. It was nice. Oh, and of course, ate lots of chocolate and will eat more tomorrow :) Didn't go to church, but I saw part of the Pope's Urbi et Orbi on tv.

Church, Easter egg hunt, the usual. After church we always have family come over and hang out for the rest of the day. We swim, play games and it's just a really good time.

Those kids betta watch out doe, my grandparents put $20 bills in Easter eggs so those are mine. :lol:

I'm in isolation until Tuesday and I can't have any chocolate. Why God why?!

Just watching Ten Commandments and chillin'.

Other years I go to church with my Mom. Easter and Christmas. I agree with Arnold. Church is okay as a community activity. I see people I don't see often. No one is in a pissed off mood.

Other years I go to church with my Mom. Easter and Christmas. I agree with Arnold. Church is okay as a community activity. I see people I don't see often. No one is in a pissed off mood.

Orsys, so sorry for you :( I hope you don't feel too bad. How is it going ? I hope everything goes well and think of you :hug:

Made breakfast, set up the trampoline, jumped with the kids, got nauseous, carried and stacked fire wood, had visitors over, allowed the kids to use me as a trampoline, got nauseous again, made leg of lamb for dinner, drank too much red wine. Nice day.

I spent most of the day throwing my nephew around on his trampoline. I'm going to teach him to lift as soon as he's old enough, so he'll probably be throwing me around in a few years.

Orsys, so sorry for you :( I hope you don't feel too bad. How is it going ? I hope everything goes well and think of you :hug:

Thank you! A little sick at first but feel okay now. Boredom is the toughest, and keeping my family from worrying too much. Hopefully by the end of the month it's all done and behind me. But seriously, no chocolate on Easter is tough.

Easter Ham or Lamb? We usually eat ham, but I wouldn't say no lamb.

Always ham. Wouldn't mind changing it up one year with lamb though.