Easter

Dan H.

Church, spent time with family, and took some time to read and think about this passage from Isaiah (below), along with a couple of the gospel accounts (Matthew and Mark) of the last week of Christ's life, his death and resurrection...

Isaiah 53

New International Version (NIV)

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

I'm in isolation until Tuesday and I can't have any chocolate. Why God why?!

Just watching Ten Commandments and chillin'.

Other years I go to church with my Mom. Easter and Christmas. I agree with Arnold. Church is okay as a community activity. I see people I don't see often. No one is in a pissed off mood.

Orsys, so sorry for you :( I hope you don't feel too bad. How is it going ? I hope everything goes well and think of you :hug:

Thank you! A little sick at first but feel okay now. Boredom is the toughest, and keeping my family from worrying too much. Hopefully by the end of the month it's all done and behind me. But seriously, no chocolate on Easter is tough.

Ooh Orsys, I'm feeling for you right now. Hang in there, it's for a worthy cause and then you can eat as much chocolate as you like, no excuse like Easter is necessary. I kind of know your feeling though. My father in law had his cancerous prostate removed on Saturday and so he has spent Easter in hospital with nothing to eat but clear broth, doctors orders. He's not a huge chocolate fan but loves his coffee and hasn't been allowed to have any since Saturday. He's not happy about that at all but since it will get him out of hospital faster he's not arguing. Hang in there, summer is around the corner (and plenty of chocolate) and that's something to look forward to. :) x

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't eat any chocolate myself on Sunday. I was given a fair bit but I didn't feel like it at all. I'd save it up and give it to you when you're better, if I could.

Made breakfast, set up the trampoline, jumped with the kids, got nauseous, carried and stacked fire wood, had visitors over, allowed the kids to use me as a trampoline, got nauseous again, made leg of lamb for dinner, drank too much red wine. Nice day.

Are you pregnant?

Meh, just another holiday for people who think dinosaurs aren't real and evolution is a lie.

I have been around Christians my entire life (46 years) from all different denominations and ranging from ultra conservative to liberal, but I have yet to come across a single one that does not think dinosaurs are real. I have also read many, many books on Christian theology and apologetics, but have yet to come across a single author, pastor or theologian who doesn't think that dinosaurs are real. And many Christians...perhaps even most...believe in evolution in one form or another. I'm not saying there aren't Christians out there who fit your description, but it's pretty far off as an accurate description of the majority of Christians.

• Like 3

Meh, just another holiday for people who think dinosaurs aren't real and evolution is a lie.

I have been around Christians my entire life (46 years) from all different denominations and ranging from ultra conservative to liberal, but I have yet to come across a single one that does not think dinosaurs are real. I have also read many, many books on Christian theology and apologetics, but have yet to come across a single author, pastor or theologian who doesn't think that dinosaurs are real. And many Christians...perhaps even most...believe in evolution in one form or another. I'm not saying there aren't Christians out there who fit your description, but it's pretty far off as an accurate description of the majority of Christians.

HlKkd2w.gif

Chicken Cordon Bleu, asparagus, garlic-romano red-skinned potatoes, sweet peas, and Maple Glazed Cinnamon Rolls. I'll take any excuse to cook like I belong on Food Network. LOL Watched The Hobbit with the hubs while the kiddo said we were geeks and watched Psych up in her room. It was a good day.

I worked Easter Sunday... Was a good day, got to work same shift as my friend today too, that was cool, thank you lord, through Jesus I pray; Amen.

Happy Easter, Lion Bar Easter Egg. :) Going to enjoy it now and watch some Duck Dynasty.

Would it be so wrong as to wonder time travel?

And maybe the second coming is a next visit, if there ever is one, in this timeline... Nevermind me, Happy Easter everybody :)

It basically involves speed and travel physics and distance traveled from Earth 33 A.D in relation to us, here on Earth some two thousand years later, almost, A.D - maybe, just maybe, we have to wait for these stars to realign before times get biblical again? Who knows?

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 2

I worked Easter Sunday... Was a good day, got to work same shift as my friend today too, that was cool, thank you lord, through Jesus I pray; Amen.

Happy Easter, Lion Bar Easter Egg. :) Going to enjoy it now and watch some Duck Dynasty.

Would it be so wrong as to wonder time travel?

And maybe the second coming is a next visit, if there ever is one, in this timeline... Nevermind me, Happy Easter everybody :)

After reading the first half of your post, I was all....

feeling-good-about-your-outfit-chocie.gi

....but after reading the second part.....it quickly turned to.....

tumblr_lkjievUqdk1qh5wcr.gif

...only you, Snakepit....only you.....

:P

• Like 2

Made breakfast, set up the trampoline, jumped with the kids, got nauseous, carried and stacked fire wood, had visitors over, allowed the kids to use me as a trampoline, got nauseous again, made leg of lamb for dinner, drank too much red wine. Nice day.

Are you pregnant?

I wouldn't have had wine if I were. Duh ;)

I'm in isolation until Tuesday and I can't have any chocolate. Why God why?!

Just watching Ten Commandments and chillin'.

Other years I go to church with my Mom. Easter and Christmas. I agree with Arnold. Church is okay as a community activity. I see people I don't see often. No one is in a pissed off mood.

Orsys, so sorry for you :( I hope you don't feel too bad. How is it going ? I hope everything goes well and think of you :hug:

Thank you! A little sick at first but feel okay now. Boredom is the toughest, and keeping my family from worrying too much. Hopefully by the end of the month it's all done and behind me. But seriously, no chocolate on Easter is tough.

Ooh Orsys, I'm feeling for you right now. Hang in there, it's for a worthy cause and then you can eat as much chocolate as you like, no excuse like Easter is necessary. I kind of know your feeling though. My father in law had his cancerous prostate removed on Saturday and so he has spent Easter in hospital with nothing to eat but clear broth, doctors orders. He's not a huge chocolate fan but loves his coffee and hasn't been allowed to have any since Saturday. He's not happy about that at all but since it will get him out of hospital faster he's not arguing. Hang in there, summer is around the corner (and plenty of chocolate) and that's something to look forward to. :) x

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't eat any chocolate myself on Sunday. I was given a fair bit but I didn't feel like it at all. I'd save it up and give it to you when you're better, if I could.

Actually, the toughest things to not have were not what I expected. I really miss eggs and coffee with cream. I thought it would be all the obvious salty things and bread. Only 7 more days of the food restrictions. Yes, it will be over soon. And I won't set off airport alarms by the time I go to Turkey in August. All is well.

• Like 1

Are you pregnant?

I wouldn't have had wine if I were. Duh ;)

I knew it! No man would refer to a person of unspecified gender as "she". :P

To us Vikings everyone else are puny insects barely worthy of recognition. Whether we call them "he" or "she" is utterly insignificant.