Lets be honest....Axl can't sing anymore

I think Axlisold is spot on in that Axl does not seem to have taken care of himself and while we can't expect him to sing like he is in his 20's he certainly could take better care of himself and work on getting in shape for the never ending tours........There are singers older then him, Steven Tyler for one, whose voices have changed but can still sing the old songs for the most part.

As far as Axl being great in 2010...lets be honest he was much better then as opposed to now but I think it is a case of fans settling for what he has become as opposed to Axl actually singing great...........Axl fans are willing to accept mediocrity now......... :shrugs:

Accepting mediocrity is the one thing that truly unites Axl and Slash fans. We have to have a common ground somewhere.

Don't want this to become a Axl vs. Slash pissing match but since you brought it up............The difference is Slash is playing guitar as good or better than he did back in the day where you can't say the same for Axl.......... :shrugs:

I think Axlisold is spot on in that Axl does not seem to have taken care of himself and while we can't expect him to sing like he is in his 20's he certainly could take better care of himself and work on getting in shape for the never ending tours........There are singers older then him, Steven Tyler for one, whose voices have changed but can still sing the old songs for the most part.

As far as Axl being great in 2010...lets be honest he was much better then as opposed to now but I think it is a case of fans settling for what he has become as opposed to Axl actually singing great...........Axl fans are willing to accept mediocrity now......... :shrugs:

Accepting mediocrity is the one thing that truly unites Axl and Slash fans. We have to have a common ground somewhere.

Don't want this to become a Axl vs. Slash pissing match but since you brought it up............The difference is Slash is playing guitar as good or better than he did back in the day where you can't say the same for Axl.......... :shrugs:
I would like for you to share whatever it is that you're on. The closest Slash has come to anything he did back in the day is Anastasia, and that's still a far cry off. Is he playing his shitty music better than he played his good music? Maybe. I can give you that if you consider that some sort of victory.
  • Like 1

listen to afd, uyi, and then listen to cd.... the proof that he can't sing anymore is right there.

exactly

In the studio, the man can still sing like the Axl of old.

no, he can't. as mao5 said there's a huge change between the old albums and cd, and not for the better.

if you can't hear the difference then i feel sorry for you.

• Like 1

listen to afd, uyi, and then listen to cd.... the proof that he can't sing anymore is right there.

exactly

In the studio, the man can still sing like the Axl of old.

no, he can't. as mao5 said there's a huge change between the old albums and cd, and not for the better.

if you can't hear the difference then i feel sorry for you.

You feel sorry for me because an artist put out a CD that I love and think is amazing? Uhhh, OK. Thanks, I guess.

Bullshit. If Axl was so awful on CD because he can't sing anymore, how come that 2 years later he sounded meaner and better than on CD? Magic?

The man can still sing, he just needs to put a little more effort in it.

Thats an easy one. Because the vocals were recorded in 2002 when he sounded like shit and then he was too lazy to ever rerecord them. You know, for that album that was supposed to be his masterpiece.

Bullshit. If Axl was so awful on CD because he can't sing anymore, how come that 2 years later he sounded meaner and better than on CD? Magic?

He can sing in the optimum conditions of a studio with the benefit of multiple takes and other studio wizardry.

Its why he sounds dynamite on the studio version of 'Better', yet never sounds anything like that guy live.

When you can't defend Axl utterly awful weak vocals, bring up Slash!! It deflects the discussion in a really nice way. :lol:

On topic: Axl sounds terrible on CD. Awful vocals. That said, he sounded great for an almost 50 year old in 2010. Not like in the old days, but very acceptable and enjoyable.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

When you can defend Axl utterly awful weak vocals, bring up Slash!! It deflects the discussion in a really nice way. :lol:

On topic: Axl sounds terrible on CD. Awful vocals. That said, he sounded great for an almost 50 year old in 2010. Not like in the old days, but very acceptable and enjoyable.

:lol: I'm the only one that brought up Slash and it had nothing to do with defending Axl. If pointing out that Axl and Slash fans have a major thing in common offends you, I'm not sorry.

He can sing in the optimum conditions of a studio with the benefit of multiple takes and other studio wizardry.

Its why he sounds dynamite on the studio version of 'Better', yet never sounds anything like that guy live.

There are some great live versions that are easily better than the album version. Vocalwise.

And the vocals for CD were recorded between 1999 and 2007 if I recall.

I would like for you to share whatever it is that you're on. The closest Slash has come to anything he did back in the day is Anastasia, and that's still a far cry off. Is he playing his shitty music better than he played his good music? Maybe. I can give you that if you consider that some sort of victory.

I never said he is making music as good as he did in Guns all I said is his guitar playing is as good or better than it was back then while Axl is struggling with his vocals.......... :shrugs:

None of the old Gunners music has come close to what they did together in Guns ..........the sum of what they created back then is much greater then the individual parts of what they have created since in this case.......... IMHO of course........

Edited by classicrawker

I never said he is making music as good as he did in Guns all I said is his guitar playing is as good or better than it was back then while Axl is struggling with his vocals.......... :shrugs:

None of the old Gunners music has come close to what they did together in Guns ..........the sum of what they created back then is much greater then the individual parts of what they have created since in this case.......... IMHO of course........

So you are saying that he plays his shitty music better than he played his good music. Is that an accomplishment? Edited by Damn_Smooth

Given Axl's voice, DJ's guitar skills.. maybe, just maybe, it's time new GN'R moved with the times, and used backing tracks.. people who go to these events only go to *see* Axl.. the Gn'R sound was lost the day Duff, Slash, Adler, Izzy became ex

So you are saying that he plays his shitty music better than he played his good music. Is that an accomplishment?

He plays his guitar as good or better then he did back in the day including the old Guns music IMHO................your opinion of his new music has nothing to do with his playing ability so your wasting your time trying to bait me as I really don't care if you like his music......I happen to like his solo stuff and that is all that matters to me..... :lol:

Edited by classicrawker

So you are saying that he plays his shitty music better than he played his good music. Is that an accomplishment?

He plays his guitar as good or better then he did back in the day including the old Guns music................your opinion of his new music has nothing to do with his playing ability so your wasting your time trying to bait me as I really don't care if you like his music........... :lol:
Everyone with half a brain knows that I know his post Guns music is shit, that's irrelevant. What the deal here is is that it doesn't matter how good he plays his shitty music, it's still shitty music. He doesn't play enough of his good music to be considered anything more than mediocre at best.

He plays his guitar as good or better then he did back in the day including the old Guns music................your opinion of his new music has nothing to do with his playing ability so your wasting your time trying to bait me as I really don't care if you like his music........... :lol:
Everyone with half a brain knows that I know his post Guns music is shit, that's irrelevant. What the deal here is is that it doesn't matter how good he plays his shitty music, it's still shitty music. He doesn't play enough of his good music to be considered anything more than mediocre at best.

That is your opinion which fans of his music do not agree with............is it as good as his Guns material? No, I agree with you there but I don't happen to think it is shit or mediocre but in any case it has nothing to do with his playing ability which is what we were discussing..........Same with Axl's singing ability, I happen to think ChiDem is mediocre but that has nothing to do with his singing voice which is what this thread is about..........try to stay on topic mate........... :lol:

Edited by classicrawker

CR- Fans of Axl's current band worldwide don't agree with you that his vocals are mediocre judging by concert reviews. I know that they are myself, but just because a handful of people disagree doesn't make it any less true. Same with Slash. Just because a handful of people disagree with me that his new music is shit doesn't make it any less true either. Mediocrity unites us all.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

CR- Fans of Axl's current band worldwide don't agree with you that his vocals are mediocre judging by concert reviews. I know that they are myself, but just because a handful of people disagree doesn't make it any less true. Same with Slash. Just because a handful of people disagree with me that his new music is shit doesn't make it any less true either. Mediocrity unites us all.

I have no problem with Axl fans disagreeing with me about his vocals as that is their opinion but again you are straying off topic as we are not talking about Slash's music as I was comparing his guitar playing which I claim is as good or has improved from the old days while I doubt too many Axl fans would say his singing has improved since the 85-93 timeframe..........I get it you don't like Slash's post Guns music mate but I really don't care so why not try to stay on topic.......... :shrugs:

I have no problem with Axl fans disagreeing with me about his vocals as that is their opinion but again you are straying off topic as we are not talking about Slash's music as I was comparing his guitar playing which I claim is as good or has improved from the old days while I doubt too many Axl fans would say his singing has improved since the 85-93 timeframe..........I get it you don't like Slash's post Guns music mate but I really don't care so why not try to stay on topic.......... :shrugs:
Haven't left the topic at all. Axl's sub-par vocals have been acknowledged nearly every post. Why does it hurt you so badly to point out the reality behind Slash, and why do you think he should be excluded from this conversation? Wasn't a main complaint that Slash discussion wasn't allowed in D&N? Seriously, there is no pleasing some people.

Even if Slash is making shitty music, his guitar playing has not decreased. He's still playing as good as he was in the old days, even if it means its shitty material. Axl, whether it be good or shitty material, isn't singing as good as the old days and his singing has greatly decreased. I believe thats what classicrawker is saying, unless I'm wrong.