Lets be honest....Axl can't sing anymore

This thread is moronic. Shit means way below mediocre. It means the average cunt, such as most of us, can do better. If that's the case, I'd love to hear it.

Not as good as he used to be, but as far from being shit as most critics here are from making sense.

His low voice is still okay. His high voice is awful and ridiculous. Like a poor parody of himself.

This thread is moronic. Shit means way below mediocre. It means the average cunt, such as most of us, can do better. If that's the case, I'd love to hear it.

Not as good as he used to be, but as far from being shit as most critics here are from making sense.

He sounds terrible in the high notes. Very weak. The rest is decent.

I sing Civil war better than him.Btw if i sing civil war like it is suppose to be i cant sing anymore.But fuck,im not axl rose and im not asking for money

Civil War is such a powerful rock song. The way Axl sang it back in the day was incredible. Full rasp the whole damn song, with so much anger and power in both voice and performance. Now the entire song is like Axl sharing a fairy tale. Awful.

• Like 2

I whink you are overly negative, Nosaj (magisme) aswell. I do agree that it's less powerful than it used to be, and less than the song deserves. Just find it enjoyable, even though it's much less than it could be. I get the impression that he is not putting a full effort into the singing.

As a interesting sidenote, I've been obssessively going through 2010 and videos. I also showed many of them to a vocal coach I've been working with (I am performing on my dad's bday). He is almost certain that the 2010 vocals were eletronically enhanced with a mild overdrive effect. Was this ever discussed?

Shit means compared to other professional singers. He is shit right now.

It's only your opinion, and you are a nobody. That's a fact right there.

Kind of thought that was implied, but for the retards, yes, it is my opinion and I am nobody.

Axl was always a hit or miss, even in his heyday. But he has sounded like absolute shit since 1993. I dont get all this BS about the "2010 Axl" because he sounded awful then as well. Not as bad as recently, but still faaaaaaaaar short of '93 and prior.

Edited by pugachev

Hmmm, if he cannot, who can? How many people can entertain stadium audiences for

3 hours with their voice, 5-10 persons in the world? Yes, the songs are good as well,

but as we know they do not sound right if anyone else is singing them.

Many performances in 2010 had a relative amount of power and rasp to his peak performances, of course we cannot say equal since it's a long long time since he was singing there consistently so let's be fair, he sounded really good for a large part of that tour. This I Love is the highlight for me, something like SCOM he always struggles to sing since the 80's imo so that's a hard one to judge, CD and Jungle he seems getting into the swing and out of breath but by Brownstone he'd warmed up nicely.

Axl was always a hit or miss, even in his heyday. But he has sounded like absolute shit since 1993. I dont get all this BS about the "2010 Axl" because he sounded awful then as well. Not as bad as recently, but still faaaaaaaaar short of '93 and prior.

Pish, he sounded as good in '06 and 2010 as he ever has.

• Like 1

For some nutcases here, Axl runs a marathon while sings in full power during 3 hours every night 265 days a year. He walks on stage and sings for 2 hours every other night for 5 months a year, if you think it's a hard or demanding job, you should take a look at the hard work some people do to get money.

Also: lol 3 hours.

• Like 2

You can say what you will, he mantained the persona and he's still an iconic frontman. About his voice? It's shot, why? Because he doesn't practice and take care of it. Do you think that somebody like Mick Jagger would be able to sing and put the RS show at 60 something if he didn't take care about his health? It's a shame really, he always sounds like he's out of breath.

I'd have never thought this would happen. When I saw him in 2010 he sounded so powerfull, it blew me away. Maybe with Duff he'll get a boost and practice more his vocals, attend soundchecks and wahtnot.

Well, if a lot of you believe Axl can't sing anymore, then why do you care if there's ever a reunion with the original members?

Do you think magically Axl's voice would be restored with the original members? I doubt it.

The 3 times I saw Axl perform, I thought his voice sounded great. No one seemed to be anything but happy and enjoying the show including me and my kids.

I do wish Axl would sound more like when he was in his 20's and 30's, but that's not going to happen, so I'm glad he's still singing and performing with GNR.

when it ends, it ends. Everything ends. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm happy for the years of Axl and GNR, like so many other bands I've loved and still love. that's life.