The motivational thread

Lithium

I'm with Red in that I think quotes and videos are a load of tosh, but music always gets me amped whether it's the gym, whilst I'm at work or whether I'm studying.

But listening to music isn't the reason why you're successful at work or the gum, right? It keeps you pumping along, but your true motivation is to be successful and make money for work (achieve certain financial goals) and for the gym it is to maintain or improve your physical shape so that you can be healthy and live longer and be more attractive to the opposite sex and maybe even compete with your other male friends? The music alone doesn't motivate you to go through those arduous tasks when you could otherwise just sit on your ass, do nothing and eat. :P
Actually in the gym it does 100%. We all want the results at the gym but I can be lazy as fuck with it in the absence of music.

I wish I was motivated by motivational quotes. It's those that are that easily motivated who have it easy. I have to actually want something to be motivated. Hell, if I was wired differently like some of you there would be no end to what I wouldn't be abøe to motivate me into doing with some quick googling for quotes.

I'm with Red in that I think quotes and videos are a load of tosh, but music always gets me amped whether it's the gym, whilst I'm at work or whether I'm studying.

But listening to music isn't the reason why you're successful at work or the gum, right? It keeps you pumping along, but your true motivation is to be successful and make money for work (achieve certain financial goals) and for the gym it is to maintain or improve your physical shape so that you can be healthy and live longer and be more attractive to the opposite sex and maybe even compete with your other male friends? The music alone doesn't motivate you to go through those arduous tasks when you could otherwise just sit on your ass, do nothing and eat. :P
Actually in the gym it does 100%. We all want the results at the gym but I can be lazy as fuck with it in the absence of music.

But it's not the music that you got you there in the first place!!! Fucking hell, you could sit on your ass and listen to music. It takes concerted effort to get in the car, get a change of clothes, pay your subscription, sweat it out and then go home after missing whatever TV show you missed out on. You didn't do it for the music. You did it for you! The music gave you energy but it wasn't the motivation. the motivation was a better, healthier body. Or maybe it was the promise of meeting some guy in the showers with a big fat cock, I don't know? But it sure as fuck wasn't the music. :lol:

I don't have a problem with people who are not motivated by others' stories, mussic or thoughts. Neither anyone said it's the only source of motivation or the big one. Sometimes it just makes you smile for a minute which is never a bad thing. And definitely I have nothing against people who are coherent. My problem is with incoherence. Posting something in your social media saying "this made my day" and then coming here and say it's bullshit. Because I think you're jus trying to look cool. All of you who don't do that, good for you.

• Like 1

But it's not the music that you got you there in the first place!!! Fucking hell, you could sit on your ass and listen to music. It takes concerted effort to get in the car, get a change of clothes, pay your subscription, sweat it out and then go home after missing whatever TV show you missed out on. You didn't do it for the music. You did it for you! The music gave you energy but it wasn't the motivation. the motivation was a better, healthier body. Or maybe it was the promise of meeting some guy in the showers with a big fat cock, I don't know? But it sure as fuck wasn't the music. :lol:

And when you get to the gym you could sit on your ass and do fuck all. Or you could struggle through a set.

Music can give people the motivation to work harder and push through, sure it takes mental strength as well but music can be just as important.

Big, fat shower cock :drool: Edited by Johnny Drama

I've gotten this far in college doing the bare minimum and honestly I just don't give a fuck anymore. Going to class is becoming a big giant pain in the ass.

I don't know what I want to do with my life.

Have you thought about becoming a motivational speaker?

• Like 1

I've gotten this far in college doing the bare minimum and honestly I just don't give a fuck anymore. Going to class is becoming a big giant pain in the ass.

I don't know what I want to do with my life.

You don't have to know yet. You're too young and inexperienced. How can you possibly know what you want to do the rest of your life? School is just as much learning what you don't want to do as what you do want to do. You are single, no kids, this is your time. Try different things. Succeed, fail, take a few chances. That's how you'll figure it out. Before my Dad died, he said he wished he had spent his twenties with a devil may care attitude, few possesions and a plan to have no plan. It gives you ten years to test drive stuff.

Guest Len B'stard

I heard a quote from Hulk Hogan the other day that was pretty cool when it comes to living life;

"Once you slow down, you go down."

Y'know, that could be easily misinterpreted :lol:

• Like 2

I heard a quote from Hulk Hogan the other day that was pretty cool when it comes to living life;

"Once you slow down, you go down."

Y'know, that could be easily misinterpreted :lol:

True but so could so many things in life haha

post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-serious-Rob

:P

Edit: It was refreshing to see Lithium actually start a serious thread.....and be serious about it....but I couldn't resist.

No more funny stuff from me, from now on....(unless it's motivational of course).... ;)

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

It's a good thread! Reminds me of another thread a few months ago where someone asked a group of strangers on a forum to unite and express positive thoughts towards a member who was going thru a difficult time. Yet that very same person then felt compelled to come into this thread and drop a steamy pile of shit posts into it. Bravo.

My motivational quote:

651616.jpg

• Like 2

post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-serious-Rob

:P

Edit: It was refreshing to see Lithium actually start a serious thread.....and be serious about it....but I couldn't resist.

No more funny stuff from me, from now on....(unless it's motivational of course).... ;)

You beat me to it.

Was gonna post

'You can do it Ozzy, bite his freaking head off!!!'

And then I see your post.

• Like 1