Tryin' to sing like Axl

I heard it, it was bad. He didn't put any power into his voice, it sounded nasally and weak, like he had neighbors in the next room he didn't want to disturb. Take some lessons.

That wasn't the only thing wrong with it. Yeah, I did lack power, but believe it or not, I actually did have to keep it down because of other people, I have a very small space and the walls are thin, so I couldn't scream off the top of my lungs, I tried to make it quiet but still recognizable. I could try to do it again when there are less people nearby so I can increase the strength but it doesn't matter because the lack of strength isn't the only problem with it

As for the rest of you, I'm sorry but I can't upload it again, I deleted the video on my computer as well. I could record a new one, but that would be just a waste of time...

WTF you removed it?! I really wanted to see it. And seriously, I'll post one as well that I have in a few days or so.

Looking forward to this. Some of your posts are reflective of the mind of a true lunatic, can't imagine what your voice sounds like. Maybe it's all high pitch and perfect for GNR?

Its far from perfect. And actually, I sympathize with The Gunner that it sounds better in real life. Its a classic Axl situation. Sounds better at the show, worse on Youtube when you are really trying to pick it apart. Listening back to my video, it sounds pretty bad (apparently I'm not great with rasp) even though in the moment I think I'm killing it.

Either way, I'll post mine tonight hopefully when I get a chance. Its Perfect Crime so get ready for some yelling lol. I've also got Nightrain and Dead Horse, but those would require minor editing since I say either my name or friend's names that I wouldn't want to put on the internet. Perfect Crime is pretty much good to go.

I'm in the car in my video, so I'm afforded the ability to scream at the top of my lungs, over the music in the background. To the Gunner, I get what you're saying, but you created this thread specifically for this reason, you uploaded the video for less than 24 hours and now have deleted the video from your computer? I'm not getting what your point of doing all of this was if thats the case.

@gunsfanoldie Well I recorded the video just for the purpose of uploading it here. So I did, and I realized it sound pretty awful here, and the guy who requested it agreed it was bad, so I deleted it. I never keep my own recordings, I only use them to see where did I fuck things up. I will try recording something in a different environment so maybe it will sound a bit better. You are right, it looks like I opened this for nothing, so let's make a use of it. Upload your covers, and I'll try to change some things so maybe I upload something new also. If anybody else wants to give it a try, upload here.

https://vimeo.com/93033996

Here it is. Genius.

Password is "crime", without the quotation marks obviously in case you're a moron.

OMG ... I just found this ... pls keep em coming :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

More is on the way. I don't know if "soon" is the word :lol::lol::lol: !

But nah, I'll try and get one up per week. I've got Dead Horse, Nightrain, Jungle, Reckless Life and that might be it in terms of GNR. I'll have to recheck. But I went on a rampage with these during one week last summer so I'll keep them coming!

Amazing :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: please sing You Could Be Mine next :headbang:

Thats a good call! Its honestly not one of my favorite Guns songs (when I'm in the mood its great, but oddly its one of their hits I'd be fine never hearing again). Told that to a friend of mine and then his band covered it at a concert once just to spite me :lol: . They sounded truly terrible with it, and they are usually good with covers, and unfortunately I didn't have my video camera with me. I might take a look into You Could Be Mine though just for the end part.

I also have Coma but that might have to be saved for a finale.

Turn the volume up.

Recorded while I was drunk, but still, in my opinion it is better than the first cover. Let me know in case this one sucks too
I'm pretty satisfied with how that sounded, my friend is also, it is just silent because of the cell phone, i would have to bring my mouth all the way to the speaker in order for it to be decent, so just turn the volume up, listen and tell me what you think. . .

I have Coma too, but I don't have time to upload it, at least not right now. . .

• Like 2

Its certainly as bad as taking down the first video implied. I don't know Crash Diet as well as the other regular Guns released songs so its also kind of hard to compare it to the original. Stuff like Don't Damn Me and Coma are just much easier to remember since we've all probably heard those normal albums hundreds of times.

You've definitely got his phrasing down. And more rasp than I have. You're not screaming like Axl, but then again you've given a reason for that. Is there a reason you don't sing to a track? Its very easy to play that and sing over it so that you're audible, as I do, and you'd probably sound better and more natural with the rest of the music. Also, I find it helpful to sing along with Axl as a guide track.

But props for uploading something else. I was definitely curious to see what you sounded like since you missed the first one. Definitely put up Coma when you get the chance. I think it would be hilarious if we had a Coma battle since I've done that one also.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

Nice, looking forward to the "Coma battle". Coma has a little bit better screams, I'll upload it as soon as I get the chance.

As for me not singing with a backing track - I don't have Coma on a CD to insert it in my car, and I can't use my cellphone because I am recording with it.

Nice, looking forward to the "Coma battle". Coma has a little bit better screams, I'll upload it as soon as I get the chance.

As for me not singing with a backing track - I don't have Coma on a CD to insert it in my car, and I can't use my cellphone because I am recording with it.

Fair enough, although I do feel there'd be ways around that. And just for the sake of you sounding even better than you already do with the music. There's just no escaping that oddness of singing without the music. Hell, Axl sounds weird without the music.

But very cool you'd be game for a Coma Battle. I fully recognize how completely ridiculous it is, but it should be fun and funny for everyone. I probably can't get a copy of mine till next week, since I think its on an old hard drive thats currently at my home where I'm not at, but that would definitely be cool to get a comparison of us both singing the same song. I look forward to the duel.