A question to those who are still hoping for a reunion.

If he isn't planning on releasing anything else then there's no point to all of this except gathering cash whilst pretending the crusade to evolve Guns N' Roses post Bucket/Finck is somehow occurring by time travel every show that goes by. Duff joining and Estranged/Civil War are the most progressive things to occur except monetary since the release of the album, might as well give up and get the old guys together and play the CD songs with them, it's more of an evolution that way at this point. If there's nothing new played at the last real platform for mainstream exposure to this line up, the golden gods, Axl's lifetime achievement (which half has been spent building THIS) then the pipedream is gone. Otherworldly potential that this band has or not, time running out for the slab of time it could hold as a GNR unit, they can play the shit out of anything together but what Axl is doing instead of joining in and creating something in all the days he's had a stable line up... raptor jesus knows...

Edited by RandallFlagg

Unfinished business. Not for Axl so much as the other guys, the band as a whole. A victory lap for the fans, the buzz.

Also I think the song writing of Izzy with Slashs un fussy guitar/sound with Axls vocals is the perfect rock n roll band. But you can't deny Axls talent for epics like Estranged and Nov Rain.

And I know it's not those times, they been there done that. Now they have to enjoy their lives. They earned it, they did it.

It's not the hard rock 80s and CD was a relevant work. I honestly think the old line up could have done something to keep it going.

Of course they could do it for the fans, but I personally don't want them to do that. It's really hard to compete with past glories, so it's kind of ok the way it is. If you like the old stuff those albums exist, Guest appearances with old guys are fun. Then Axl still has a platform for his music. slash is putting out records that cater a lot of what GNR was about, izzy puts out cool rock n roll albums.

I think if the Stones and DC stop touring a GNR reunion tours could do pretty well.

Forgive what you have for what you might lose I guess.

• Like 1