What is your favorite Illusions?

What is your favorite Use your Illusion  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

UYI2 has So Fine, KOHD, an alt version of a song that is on 1, and My World. While it has great songs it is not the better album.

Lets add in Shotgun Blues and Get In The Ring to the above list.

Edited by Coma16

UYI is the better as a cohesive stand alone piece. UYI has some great songs with some serious duds inbetween. No single song on UYI is as bad as Shotgun Blues, Get in the Ring, and My World. The second "Don't Cry" was unnecessary. Breakdown is sort of undone by the chorus. UYI gets by on the strength of YCBM, Yesterdays, Estranged, and KOHD.

I think we all can agree that cutting it down to 1 album with wisely chosen tracks could have made it one of the greatest rock albums ever, and as Axl wanted, bury appetite.

I feel UYI 1 is more consistent but UYI2 has the better songs in that top 5 songs of both albums and UYI2 wins. Still there's 14 songs on each and I just can't decide lol.

My thoughts as well. UYI 1 is pretty consistent the whole way through, whereas USI 2 has a couple hit and miss tracks (i.e. Shotgun Blues, So Fine). Overall better songs, UYI 2 takes it, but for consistency, UYI 1 wins.

That said, I will not vote because I cannot decide.

Don't Cry, alt lyrics is my favorite song. The passion in "and when you're in need of someone, my heart won't deny you; so many seem so lonely with no one left to cry to" is one of my favorite lyrics ever written.

That's the only part of the alt version that I like.

UYI II : Civil War, 14 Years, Locomotive, YCBM and of course, Estranged.

+ the superior Don't Cry (see DangerousCurves' post). Pretty Tied Up is fun. And My World is amazing, I'd rather listen to that than Right Next Door to Hell, The Garden or Garden of Eden.

Only ones I really like from UYI I are Dust N' Bones, November Rain , Don't Damn Me, Dead Horse, and Coma. Back Off Bitch is a guilty pleasure.