Male Fashion Thread

magisme

What online sites do you guys use?

I buy my shoes from Robinsons Shoes or Debenhams, who have an Irish site which is handy.

I sometimes use Asos or Mr. Porter too

Has anyone ever used Gilt ?

I hear good and bad things about them. Namely good deals and terrible customer service/returns

As a principle I never buy from a website that has reputed bad customer service. It's the sole principle of online shopping! There has to be trust and a dependable level of decency. I've bought dozens of things from asos and I recently had one parcel that never made it to my address. I contacted them (which wasn't easy because everything is set up for purchasing, not responding after the money has been spent) but I did successfully communicate with them and they actually refunded me the money. I was impressed. I was later able to re-order the items that never arrived and have since gone back to my usual level of spending with them (which is way too much) but my point is that good customer service is tantamount to a successful online business. And they have always been awesome to deal with when it came to returns. No questions, just complete refund, which is as it should be. And it's not hard to have good customer service when you don't have a retail aspect to deal with. So for me: shit customer service = deal breaker.

Guest Len B'stard

Im fucked clotheswise really, aside from about 5 suits i got for work in terms of my normal clothes of my own i got 5 pairs of jeans, one of em black 4 of em blue, 6 or 7 Arsenal shirts, 5 or 6 t shirts, a couple of jumpers and thats it. Jackets and coats i got one leather jacket, one USAF bomber jacket in black, a Pretty Green polo shirt and...i think thats it.

Oh and about 3 pairs of tracksuit bottoms :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Pretty thick sole, Lith. Might give you an extra inch.

:lol:

They'll give me more than that if I put my lifts in there.

Gives a new meaning to when people ask you if you lift.

In seriousness though, I like 'em. Planning on wearing them with a button down shirt and slacks? Might be a tad preppy.

Edited by PappyTron

Guest Len B'stard

Whats that? :lol:

A mistake on my behalf - I was thinking of a shalwar.

No i ain't got one, no :lol: Do when i go back home though, I make a point of it, blend in, not go carrying an attitude like a lot of lads from over here do, it's embarrassing. They turn up looking proper proper proper crisp, i saw a lad at Islamabad airport once with, get on this, a five finger ring :lol: Straight up, i ain't seen one of those since 1991 but he had it, looking like Big Daddy Kanes youngest. Stupid though, most of em have got fucking impoverished families and like...mate, you're gonna walk over fuckin' mountainous terrain and over rivers and in massive fucking cow pats with these fuckin' sick Jordans on, it's like what are you like you cunt :lol:

It's kinda nice too, when you get to that country you know why you fuckin' wear it, it's SOOOOOO fuckin' hot, in jeans you just absolutely die...and cuz it's mountainous and my pussyclaat western legs just get fuckin' knackered, it's so bad by the time I've walked into town I need a half hour rest, you just POUR with sweat, everyone fuckin' stinks there :lol: it don't matter how much deodorant you use, by heres standards by midday you'll be sweating to death. They always wake up at the crack of fuckin' dawn and go into town like 6 or 7am and i never understood why until i left the house one time at 11:00am thinking i was on holiday time, i nearly dropped fuckin' dead.

Smoking weed there is just a total other fuckin' experience too, it feels completely fuckin' different, it's weird. Thawb means something though doesn't it? Thawbie is launderer (as in clothes, not coin) so thawb is in the right ballpark, is it those fuckin' wrap around leg things that Indians wear that looks like an oversized nappy? :lol: Or is that the bangers that wear them? Loongi is one name for it, or Thawtie, something like that?

You type that shit out really good y'know Pappy, as in like, in the proper way its pronounced, most of the people who speak it can't do that...and I'm from one of the like...totally remoter areas where like...they speak a related dialect so a lot of words are mispronounced. Most of my life i didn't know that bhedchod started with a b, i thought it was a p...and you typed that shit out perfect to the letter, impressive, i dunno how you do that. Also that th sound, as in thawbie, when spoken i kinda say it like a D, i got a confused fucked up mixed up way of saying the shit.

But yeah, no to your question. Fuck me, it took 5 paragraphs to answer a fuckin' question with a one word answer :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Well, I have to look up the correct spelling for some of the words, innit? Some, I just haven't a clue how to spell, like "babloo" - you know, what a mother might call a child in a coochy-coo kind of way - or chosnee. I like mitty ghaand (although mitty is spelled wrong).

See what I mean. It's hard work! :lol;

In seriousness though, I like 'em. Planning on wearing them with a button down shirt and slacks? Might be a tad preppy.

I think they'll look nice with a pair of shorts. A good summer look.

Guest Len B'stard

Well, I have to look up the correct spelling for some of the words, innit? Some, I just haven't a clue how to spell, like "babloo" - you know, what a mother might call a child in a coochy-coo kind of way - or chosnee. I like mitty ghaand (although mitty is spelled wrong).

See what I mean. It's hard work! :lol;

How can you look up the spelling of something if you can't spell it? :lol:

(don't answer that! :lol:)

I think they'll look nice with a pair of shorts. A good summer look.

It's a bit...look at your wall, now look back to me, except it's not me, now look at your wall again, only it's now a sailboat.

Guest Len B'stard

What is it with you lot and these fuckin' slippers?!?! :lol: They're basically plimsolls aren't they? I'd feel like I was 7 years old in PE :lol:

I need to buy a new suit. I'm going to get a grey three piece in glen plaid like the suit Bond wore in Goldfinger.

sean-connery-james-bond-three-piece-suit

The original was made on Savile Row by Anthony Sinclair and is known as the Conduit Cut

conduitcut2.jpg

http://www.anthonysinclair.com/conduit_cut_s/1859.htm

Obviously I won't be forking out for that, which probably costs thousands. I'll look out for something similar with a slim fit in Glen Plaid.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

You wanna look into it mate, it's probably not thousands y'know. You can get Saville Row suits like 600 to 800 easy these days, it ain't THAT Saville Row anymore. I mean there are some expensive bastards there still, a great many but not everything.

Edited by sugaraylen