Neckties, yay or nay?

arnold layne

Growing up in England we had school uniforms and, as such, am used to neck ties from a young age.

This is me in my last year of high school.

rock2.jpg

My school uniform.

That's probably the coolest adorning of a tie I have seen in a long time. :thumbsup:

It's your hair that does it. The contrast is awesome. I think ties on men with regular short hair cuts make them look way too conservative, especially since most ties are very conservative by the nature of the colour or the pattern. The only way I like a tie is if its worn in a bold or unpredictable way. A really unusual colour combination contrasting with the suit can work, or just a really bold print or stripe can be fun. Otherwise I immediately think 'sales rep'.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I went to America when I was 14, came back to England when I was 15, and again when I was 17... Family.

Your second name aint Wilson and you ain't got a brother called Robert who went to school in Bushey did you? Cuz if you did, i used to kick your brothers head in :lol: Seriously, if you're nobbys brother im gonna fuckin piss myself laughing :lol:

And I need the red and orange swirly one in the middle left in blue tones because I have a top in that exact print. OMG!!! I need them all!!!!!

Yes Len, they're rather expensive. But they're incredibly original and each one is a work of art so worth it in my opinion. I collect the women's scarves and they never go out of style. :)

Guest Len B'stard

I have a navy blue one of them, bought it off www.beatwear.co.uk (shut upppp, I'm a Beatles fan alright? :lol:). Anyway, they're a pretty universal thing, ain't like they got Beatles written on em :lol: Wearing it now as a matter of fact :)

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

great

greɪt/

adjective

adjective: great; comparative adjective: greater; superlative adjective: greatest

1. 1.

of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above average.

"the article was of great interest"

synonyms:

considerable, substantial, pronounced, sizeable, significant, appreciable, serious, exceptional, inordinate, extraordinary, special More

"academics waited with great interest for the book"

informalhumongous, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, dirty great;

informalwhacking, whacking great, ginormous

"a great expanse of water"

antonyms:

little, small

• used to reinforce another adjective of size or extent.

"a great big grin"

synonyms:

very, extremely, exceedingly, exceptionally, especially, tremendously, immensely, extraordinarily, remarkably, really, truly; More

informaldirty

"a great big house"

• used in names of animals or plants which are larger than similar kinds, e.g. great tit, greater celandine.

• denoting the larger or largest part of a place.

adjective: Great

"Great Malvern"

• (of a city) including adjacent urban areas.

comparative adjective: Greater

"Greater Manchester"

2. 2.

of ability, quality, or eminence considerably above average.

"the great Italian conductor"

antonyms:

minor

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Thats easy, brown M&Ms! :D

great
greɪt/
adjective
adjective: great; comparative adjective: greater; superlative adjective: greatest
  1. 1.
    of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above average.
    "the article was of great interest"
    synonyms: considerable, substantial, pronounced, sizeable, significant, appreciable, serious, exceptional, inordinate, extraordinary, special More
    "academics waited with great interest for the book"
    informalhumongous, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, dirty great;
    informalwhacking, whacking great, ginormous
    "a great expanse of water"
    antonyms: little, small
    • used to reinforce another adjective of size or extent.
      "a great big grin"
      synonyms: very, extremely, exceedingly, exceptionally, especially, tremendously, immensely, extraordinarily, remarkably, really, truly; More
      informaldirty
      "a great big house"
    • used in names of animals or plants which are larger than similar kinds, e.g. great tit, greater celandine.
    • denoting the larger or largest part of a place.
      adjective: Great
      "Great Malvern"
    • (of a city) including adjacent urban areas.
      comparative adjective: Greater
      "Greater Manchester"
  2. 2.
    of ability, quality, or eminence considerably above average.
    "the great Italian conductor"
    antonyms: minor

No...brown M&Ms :(

great

greɪt/

adjective

So you mean like this?:

1268qyf.jpg

Does anyone really take you seriously when wearing such a 'great' tie? :huh:

Edited by Redhead74

great

greɪt/

adjective

So you mean like this?:

1268qyf.jpg

Does anyone really take you seriously when wearing such a 'great' tie? :huh:

What are you talking about? You just asked me to define 'great'.

And based on your definition it says "considerable, pronounced, sizeable, substantial, expansive, ample, immense, huge, enormous, colossal, massive, gigantic, mammoth, monstrous, humongous, whopping, ginormous"....... :shrugs:

And based on your definition it says "considerable, pronounced, sizeable, substantial, expansive, ample, immense, huge, enormous, colossal, massive, gigantic, mammoth, monstrous, humongous, whopping, ginormous"....... :shrugs:

Was that all it said? :o

Guest Len B'stard

And now that the weather is cooling down, I might give this look a go myself.

108ahyv.jpg

this look is pure anti-sex and tie is the least of her problems :lol:

Oh come on, there aint a man on this forum that wouldnt bang her brains out :lol:

And now that the weather is cooling down, I might give this look a go myself.

108ahyv.jpg

this look is pure anti-sex and tie is the least of her problems :lol:

Oh come on, there aint a man on this forum that wouldnt bang her brains out :lol:

then you all should do a coming out :lol:

But it's got little to do with her clothes :)

yes i was talking about the clothes, the girl would probably look great in a proper dress

Guest Len B'stard

yes i was talking about the clothes, the girl would probably look great in a proper dress

I don't think clothes can define a persons gender, these forms and modes of dress that we equate to whatever thing like masculinity or effeminacy or authority or vagrancy, they're a result of conditioning and not a lot besides, i don't think you need to necessarily be obvious or garish in your accentuation of femininity or masculinity, it's there already and it's a lot more powerful than anything a jacket or pants can have that great an effect upon.
That kinda clothing accentuates her femininity to me even as it is, only it does it by way of contrast instead of the aforementioned accentuation by way of the archetypal form of dress would.
Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1