Why do you love and support this band?

I'm not trying to be a dick here. I'm really not. I genuinely want to know what it is about the current band and current situation that you supporters are actually supporting at this point. What is it that you love so much about this unproductive organization? I mean honestly those of us who hate the state of affairs at one point were hardcore supporters but as time passes by we've realized that what we're supporting doesn't even exist. I know some of you don't believe this but I used to be one of the "zealots". I defended the shit out of Axl and backed the idea that there was some sort of plan and that Axl was going to take GnR to the next level and at the very least etch out a new legacy for a new era of the band. I put up with so much shit from friends, strangers and people n this site. Sadly none of what I supported ever happened and it's been fucking 8 years now since I realized it wasn't going to happen. How have some of you hung on for this long when it's become abundantly clear there is no future with this band. There is no plan to create a new legacy, there is no desire to be creative, there is no ambitions to expand beyond what the classic lineup created?

I know a lot of you don't think I'm fan and you'll use "fans" to refer to people like me but the fact is I've been posting here longer(much longer) than most of you. If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't do that. It's true that at one point I was a massive supporter. I was never a "Slash guy". I was always an "Axl guy" but as time went by I realized who respects the fans ore, who wants to be productive and creative and to be honest in my opinion who has more integrity as an artist. Slash was willing to go solo and define his own career. Axl was never willing to do that. So don't be blinded by my opinions here and think I'm just a hater. Simple ask yourself what is it about this incessant cover band you support. I don't get it. I've been saying for almost 8 years now this band would kick some major fucking ass if they got a new singer. Release some material and make their mark on the industry but sadly one man has stopped all that. Why are some of you still supporting it? It's something I'd genuinely like to know

• Like 2

I'm not trying to be a dick here. I'm really not. I genuinely want to know what it is about the current band and current situation that you supporters are actually supporting at this point.

The fact that the band entertains thousands upon thousands of fans at live shows throughout the world, and that the band released a new record six years back and probably will release more in the future.

I would also like to say that I respect Axl's tenacity and stubbornness in refusing to give up despite all the shit he has been getting since the 90s. I admire his ability to do whatever he wants to do regardless of what the fans think about that - especially those fans who believe he owes them to do what they want. Despite conquering the world of rock Axl is still an underdog in many ways. He does so many strange things, fucks up, misses opportunities. This chaotic mess is incredibly entertaining. You never know what will happen next. The whole concept of GN'R is starting to become more of an artistic offering than the music itself.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to be a dick here. I'm really not. I genuinely want to know what it is about the current band and current situation that you supporters are actually supporting at this point.

The fact that the band entertains thousands upon thousands of fans at live shows throughout the world, and that the band released a new record six years back and probably will release more in the future.

I would also like to say that I respect Axl's tenacity and stubbornness in refusing to give up despite all the shit he has been getting since the 90s. I admire his ability to do whatever he wants to do regardless of what the fans think about that - especially those fans who believe he owes them to do what they want. Despite conquering the world of rock Axl is still an underdog in many ways. He does so many strange things, fucks up, misses opportunities. This chaotic mess is incredibly entertaining. You never know what will happen next. The whole concept of GN'R is starting to become more of an artistic offering than the music itself.

Man if someone told you in 1998 this is how GnR was going to turn out you'd tell them to fuck right off. There's no way you'd support it but now because this is where we're at in 2014 you support it? Why? You'd laugh at this shit if someone told you ten years ago this is what we'd have so honestly BE HONEST with yourself and with us. What is it about this you love? Because truth is no Guns N' Roses fan would support this shit if we were told this is what we'd get. We'd think it was the complete and utter pussification of the most dangerous band on the planet, yet somehow you and others are turning this into a triumph.... ????????

Man if someone told you in 1998 this is how GnR was going to turn out you'd tell them to fuck right off.

Back in 1998 I considered GN'R dead and buried. I had no hopes for anything new from the band. The fact that Axl continued on AND managed to release a new record is nothing short of fantastic.

It´s tough. Axl makes hard. But GN´R is favorite band. I have amazing memories. I have attended shows in the past. I always enjoy listening AFD, Lies and UYI.

I had times when I lost interest and still I don´t really have chemistry with this band.CD isn´t worthy of the band´s history. When I see Axl these days it´s sad. And at the same time I feel I can´t abandon ship when is sinking. I won´t be fair wheather fan.

It's funny that Mick Wall is right about Axl in his interview on W.A.R and CD...Basically Wall said that Axl is a controll freak and the worst thing you can do for a controll freak is to give them complete controll. Then they reach kind of a stasis when nothing gets ever done and nothing is never quite finished..Here is the interview, start at 1.56 and how he speaks how current members have put their careers aside, start at 5.45

Go away you miserable shit. Srs, ban me if we can't state the fuckin' obvious. If you hate what they're doing so vehemently, stop following them. Axl is never going to heed your frustrations, so if you can't resign yourself to that, do your health a favour and give up on Axl suddenly adapting GNR to suit your fantasy.

Anybody that isn't an obsessive freak - and nitpicks over the tiniest detail - would regard last night's performance as impressive.

• Like 2

Go away you miserable shit. Srs, ban me if we can't state the fuckin' obvious. If you hate what they're doing so vehemently, stop following them. Axl is never going to heed your frustrations, so if you can't resign yourself to that, do your health a favour and give up on Axl suddenly adapting GNR to suit your fantasy.

Anybody that isn't an obsessive freak - and nitpicks over the tiniest detail - would regard last night's performance as impressive.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Anyone with a brain would regard the performance as regular to mediocre, specially Axl and DJ. The not obsessive freaks will compare it with the old band, trust me, they might be even more critic than we are.

As for the OP. I don't love and support this lineup. I'm here because I love real GNR and Axl's band until 2006. It's a cliche around here, but it is like a trainwreck you can't not look at. I enjoy seeing Axl fucking up, cause he's this spoiled arrogant guy who believes is still on top, so he'll keep fucking up and give me many reasons to laugh.

• Like 1

Thread NGOG'D

jump-the-shark.gif

Thread NGOG'D

jump-the-shark.gif

4chan is calling you.

What's funny is people like you who have lost all touch with reality. The fact you think I'm a miserable shit who follows every move of this band only to criticize is hilarious. The fact you can't comprehend what this thread is asking makes me sad for humanity because you are a small sample of how stupid our society has become. The fact you take what I said in the opening post of this thread as a reason to attack me as a "Miserable shit" just shows how valid my question is. You're insulted by the fact this question is even thought of let alone asked. The fact you can't answer it without acting like a baby who's so butt hurt over the obvious says it all. The fact you think only an obsessive freak would regard last nights performance as anything other than "impressive" says it all. Delusional to the extreme. But what else is new from people on this site. Clearly nothing.

Oh man, i need to buy some Apple products right now.

What's funny is people like you who have lost all touch with reality. The fact you think I'm a miserable shit who follows every move of this band only to criticize is hilarious. The fact you can't comprehend what this thread is asking makes me sad for humanity because you are a small sample of how stupid our society has become. The fact you take what I said in the opening post of this thread as a reason to attack me as a "Miserable shit" just shows how valid my question is. You're insulted by the fact this question is even thought of let alone asked. The fact you can't answer it without acting like a baby who's so butt hurt over the obvious says it all. The fact you think only an obsessive freak would regard last nights performance as anything other than "impressive" says it all. Delusional to the extreme. But what else is new from people on this site. Clearly nothing.

But Bono, we are the joke for commenting on a band we don't even like anymore. The ones who complain about us are the internet heroes and Axl loves every single one of them. They are no jokes at all.

Our "hate" is unjustified, the band is better than the old one! We should now believe even more. One album "ONLY" six years ago, forget the decade before that by the way.

Axl is so awesome he doesn't need any training or reharsing, he's on top. We're wasting our lives here, because yes, we spend 24/7365 here hating and bashing a band that only deserves praising and love!!!

:lol:

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

But Bono, we are the joke for commenting on a band we don't even like anymore. The ones who complain about us are the internet heroes and Axl loves every single one of them. They are no jokes at all.

Our "hate" is unjustified, the band is better than the old one! We should now believe even more. One album "ONLY" six years ago, forget the decade before that by the way.

Axl is so awesome he doesn't need any training or reharsing, he's on top. We're wasting our lives here, because yes, we spend 24/7365 here hating and bashing a band that only deserves praising and love!!!

:lol:

don't fucking act like you are the misunderstood minority, clearly you cupcakes are the ones with more time and resources to convert every thread in a trollfest.

• Like 2

I fully supported the vision until Rock in Rio 2011 where he utterly destroyed the momentum of his 15 year deranged but intense crusade to evolve one of the greatest rock bands in history, he was doing it with typical Axl Rose whacked out passion and aggression. The yellow raincoat got things off in spectacularly promising fashion then the lack of fire just sputtered the whole fucking thing out. We've got Estranged, Civil War and a run from an old gunner - that is not progression, 5 CD songs a set is a small victory for a huge war, it doesn't correlate with the ferocity he fought to keep the name, he's looking like a colossal hypocrite. Axl's voice, whilst still great in patches, is burning out, the band are still killer (Ashba can do the bare minimum, his sideshow stich factory and promotional regurgitation is a fucking joke) but on a conveyor belt that's been malevolently looped into a purgatory, Bumble has said even Atlas Shrugged is not finished. I'm more or less out of patience considering this band a viable GNR line up, the potential was astonishing to see drizzled down the drain, He got one great record from Buckethead, Stinson, Brain and Finck, zero from these guys. I still have faint hope but it'd take, what, 4-5 years at least to record... time's almost gone and the same thing but weaker is not cutting it.

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 2

I couldn't care less what you think. You're the person that actively posts about a band you clearly have no time for - so it's you that has the problem. If I felt the way you did, I would cut my ties with GNR and post about a band that actually makes me happy. Coming to a GNR board just to be miserable is bizarre.

In case you aren't aware, this is the only place where GNR shows are regarded as shit. If you step into any venue they're playing worldwide, you'll hear nothing but good vibes. Just as you would have at the Golden Gods last night. When you pull your pants out of your ass about Axl trying other styles of singing, you'll see that the whole unit sounds really fuckin' good. The problem with people like you is that you have tunnel vision, you're anticipating Axl's next mistake instead of looking at the performance honestly. In case you missed it - aside from a Dj blip introing Sweet Child, which is really a non-issue - the band were firing on all cylinders last night. And Duff was having the time of his life.