"Hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out.Well in the next year" Richard Fortus on Rollingstone.com-4/24/14

The interview they're quoting in this article is taken from this video:

I was about to make a thread for it. Fortus and Ashba claim they plan to have new music out within a year. But, of course, no solid plans - as always, the whole "we all have our own studios and record stuff and send it to each other" thing isn't exactly the most reassuring statement.

Fortus hopes that the LA residency will allow them to get together and record stuff, but didn't they say the same thing last time they were in Vegas? And if the recording studio isn't booked by now what chance do we really have that it will happen?

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I do think it's best not to get hopes up...

"Guns N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus reported this week that the group was "working on stuff." "Hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out," he told a BBC reporter at the Revolver magazine Golden Gods Awards in Los Angeles. "Well, in the next year."

Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction Makes Rolling Stone's Best Debut Albums of All Time

Another one of the band's guitarists, DJ Ashba, said that everyone in the group is a songwriter and that they have been recording ideas in their home studios and passing them to one another. They also were sharing song ideas with one another on their recent tour of South America.

In October 2012, Axl Rose said that the the group's next album "will come out sooner" than the 15 years the group took between "The Spaghetti Incident?" and Chinese Democracy. "I had to deal with so many other things that don't have to do with music but have to do with the industry," he said of the gap between records. "There's such a loss of time."

"We're going to be in Vegas all together, so hopefully during that time we're going to be able to get into the room and start laying down some more stuff," Fortus said, referring to the group's upcoming Sin City residency, which kicks off in late May.

Those shows will see the return of bassist Tommy Stinson, who had to miss the group's South American tour so he could tour with the Replacements. While he was away, founding Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan kept his seat warm, with the Golden Gods acting as his final fill-in gig.

The band performed at the event and Rose accepted the Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award, which actor Nicolas Cage presented to him. "There are infinite reasons to love Axl Rose," Cage said. "When I was prepping for my role in Ghost Rider, I took some cues from Axl's cobra-like onstage movement," an act he demonstrated. He then said he was giving the award to Rose with "great respect, awe and reverence."

"It cost me an awful lot to pay him to say all that stuff," Rose said, joking. He thanked the band, including all of its lineups, in his short acceptance speech."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/new-guns-n-roses-music-may-arrive-in-the-next-year-guitarist-says-20140424

This is just another throw-away comment in a long line of continues lies and bullshit. These guys can record their asses off, but only Axl has a say when it comes to a new album being released. Please stop polluting D&N with every pathetic little quote that points towards a new album. It doesn't say anything and it's not coming unless Axl says so.

• Like 1

This was just posted 30 minutes ago on Rollingstone.com. I don't know how to link it from my phone but Fortus said they are working on new songs and hope to have it out within a year.

Who gave this guy permission to talk? TB should shut these guys up and leave Axl be.
  • Like 1

No new material isn't coming out..we have all heard these lies millions of times before..now the focus is on the reunion ;)

I want a reunion as much as the next guy but I also want new music from my favorite band. Something has to come out eventually I guess if they owe more albums to the record label.

Bumblefoot's interview saying Atlas Shrugged isn't even finished despite him playing a solo on it and seemingly knowing jack shit about it otherwise in addition to his clear frustration and Axl being out of sorts vocally connotes that the guys haven't been working on anything collectively for a long time.

Fortus in particular has been saying this tripe, nearly in a copy and paste manner, since 2011.

The only person who could make me take this seriously is Axl. And even then I'd keep three grains of salt nearby.

I would have said to Fortus: "Sure it is coming Fortus, sure it is coming." :rolleyes:

Look at when Fortus and Ashba look eachother in the eyes on the video. He doesn't believe a word of what he is saying but it's what he has to say, I guess.

Yes you can clearly see how uncomfortable Fortus is when saying that..And that thing about them getting together to write music in Vegas...Come on man..why the fucking lies??

Edited by gunnari

Dick Fortus can wish in one hand and crap on the other....see which fills up 1st. Seriously- does anyone get the idea that Axl just doesn't wanna write/record with these touring musicians? He knows that they can't write/record anything worthy. Kudos to Axl. I don't want any newly recorded/written music.....from anyone other than Axl/Slash/Duff. Period.

Dick Fortus can wish in one hand and crap on the other....see which fills up 1st. Seriously- does anyone get the idea that Axl just doesn't wanna write/record with these touring musicians? He knows that they can't write/record anything worthy. Kudos to Axl. I don't want any newly recorded/written music.....from anyone other than Axl/Slash/Duff. Period.

Izzy is a better songwriter than Duff.