"Hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out.Well in the next year" Richard Fortus on Rollingstone.com-4/24/14

She still hates the fans. :shrugs:

I think she despises people at mygnrforum. Jeeez, just because people here blame her for all that's going wrong with GN'R and claim she is some sinister person who keeps Axl as a hostage so she can steal his cash. Wow. Toughen up, Beta. We here at mygnrforum are, like, GN'R's only fans in the world, if you don't count all those fans on Facebook, at the shows, in Asia, in South America, and, you know, elsewhere, and if you don't start treating us better than we deserve then we will just keep on fantasizing about your wickedness.

Edited by SoulMonster

Personally I think she is a lousy communicator and doesn't understand how to build a relationship with this faction of the fan base, and I think she is properly pissed off at some of the things being repeatedly stated about her and her family at this forum - wilder and wilder for each year without new music. She hasn't got the skill set to assess this problem in a meaningful way nor to fix the situation, which just creates a greater divide between the parties. And perhaps she doesn't perceive it as a big problem, something she might be right about.

Oh please, if Beta wanted so badly to wear the hat of manager along with Fernando, well, if they can't take the heat then they should get out of the fucking kitchen or they should never taken the gig to begin with. I know a lot of "really nice" people. I sure wouldn't make any of them manager of Guns N' Roses.

This is a business. It's give and take. Anyone who doesn't think they are failing miserably at managing GNR is absolutely fooling themselves. Allowing Axl to rest on his laurels, book low risk residencies like some lame cock-rock act of yesteryear, release no further music because they can't motivate him to decide on a track listing for FINISHED MUSIC is inexcusable.

But hey, if you're really into what you've seen put forth since 2012, they're doing a bang up job. :thumbsup:

Guest NGOG

Do I believe Beta Lebeis hates and/or could a flying fuck about the fanbase? Absolutely, I do.

Let's consider your theory here:

No more than 50 people consistently post in MyGNR's D&N. Would you therefore say that GNR has 50 fans? Because last time I checked, the venues they're invited to play to do no have a capacity of 50. And Chinese Democracy didn't excel commercially, but it certainly sold millions more than 50. What I'm trying to say here is that the opinions of 50 people do not reflect the overall GNR fanbase. And therefore there is no reason why Beta would tar the entire GNR fanbase based on the sentiments of a tiny minority of people.

Second, if faceless people were constantly ridiculing you and your family, often in the bluntest of terms, how would you feel?

Edited by NGOG

Read my previous post, it still applies.

Save your breath, bro.

Some people aren't here to have valid discussions or even valid arguments.

They are just trying their best to do whatever it takes to be added to the admin team of the forum.

I've always found that it is a better route to look at any situation and the starting point for a discussion be whatever is the most logical component. But a few people on here start every thing that happens at the "Axl is right, Team Brazil is right, everybody else is out to get them or doesn't know anything" level and then work their way up/down from there. It's almost impossible to have a reasonable discussion with them, as the majority of your time isn't spent fleshing out the "facts' but instead debating on why Axl/Team Brazil isn't perfect.

Do I believe Beta Lebeis hates and/or could a flying fuck about the fanbase? Absolutely, I do.

Let's consider your theory here:

No more than 50 people consistently post in MyGNR's D&N. Would you therefore say that GNR has 50 fans? Because last time I checked, the venues they're invited to play to do no have a capacity of 50. And Chinese Democracy didn't excel commercially, but it certainly sold millions more than 50. What I'm trying to say here is that the opinions of 50 people do not reflect the overall GNR fanbase. And therefore there is no reason why Beta would tar the entire GNR fanbase based on the sentiments of a tiny minority of people.

Second, if faceless people were constantly ridiculing you and your family, often in the bluntest of terms, how would you feel?

Ahh the Jarmo excuse. Listen, do not just focus on Mygnr, GNRUnlimited, Metal Sludge. At best, NuGN'R are mocked, at worse, hated. Only two-three posters on HTGTH still are universally positive - there are actually critics on HTGTH now. Ask yourself where all the missing North Americans are, who attended in 2002 and 2006, but do not attend now? You are so keen to hype up these shows, but it does not look good if you look at the USA and Canada. Those are people who actually supported Nugnr at some stage but, through various reasons (Axl's lateness and delays; lack of communication; same boring setlists), changed.

You have to remember that Vegas is aimed at crass tourists and South America is exceptional.

• Like 1

Yeah, the "The fanbase isn't just MYGNR FORUM" argument is completely bankrupt. Sure, we're not the only voices in the fan community. Never said we were.

But wanna know what casual GNR/Rock fans outside this forum really think? Check out a few of the YouTube comments, or hell, the comments under any article positive or otherwise about modern-day GNR. In contrast, we're their fucking best buddies and most enduring fans. That's the joke.

• Like 3

Oh please, if Beta wanted so badly to wear the hat of manager along with Fernando, well, if they can't take the heat then they should get out of the fucking kitchen or they should never taken the gig to begin with. I know a lot of "really nice" people. I sure wouldn't make any of them manager of Guns N' Roses.

This is a business. It's give and take. Anyone who doesn't think they are failing miserably at managing GNR is absolutely fooling themselves. Allowing Axl to rest on his laurels, book low risk residencies like some lame cock-rock act of yesteryear, release no further music because they can't motivate him to decide on a track listing for FINISHED MUSIC is inexcusable.

But hey, if you're really into what you've seen put forth since 2012, they're doing a bang up job. :thumbsup:

Have you any reason to assume they can't take the heat?

A manager's job is to help execute whatever plans the artist has. I have no reason to assume Team Brazil has failed in any of their tasks (except when it comes to being professional in their communication with the fan base). Have you?

I would wish Axl to sing better and I would wish the band to focus on releasing music rather than tour, but that really isn't Beta's fault, is it? Or do you have any evidence for Beta being the reason why the band isn't releasing music and not....Axl Rose?

Everybody knows it is Axl's decision to not release more music. When fans fail to direct their criticism towards him but rather deflect it to people near him, like the management of the band, then that looks like a rather cute symptom of fans not being able to criticise their idol. It is just SOOO much easier to concoct this wild theory that Axl is being held hostage by his housekeeper who isolates him from the real world and sends him out on endless touring so they can steal his money. :D

• Like 1

Regardless of anything, Beta/TB are piss poor "managers," and I use that term very, very loosely in this situation.

Regardless of a complete lack of evidence for them doing a bad job as managers, too?

I am not saying they are good managers, I am saying how the hell would I know? I have no idea of knowing what they have to work with. What little I know is that they are poor communicators with the fan base and are able to facilitate successful tours. I can't really conclude either way.

Without Axl coming to the table with them it's false hope

Even Axl isn't a reliable source.....

He said that we were going to hear silkworms in 2013.... and...

Didn't he say that to a random fan? And wasn't it like "we wanna get that one out this year to y'all"

I need a fing new song honestly.. I enjoy following the torus to an extent but comon we need something!! Anything!! I'm almost to the point where I'm hoping to god that we get more leaks!

I'd rather buy anything Axl put out (I download everyone else's shit lol) I'm young so I can probably outlast Axl but nothing is guaranteed life is short lol so I really want a new album!!

There are people on here who hide in plain sight who have a ton of unreleased material and are unwilling to share it

I think there is more than enough evidence to demonstrate that Team Brazil are completely incompetent at management; one need only mention the collapse of Guns N’ Roses’s North American market (already declining by 2012 but in effect, nonexistent since TB took over); the fan club debacle; their shocking levels of crassness towards the internet fanbase ('complaints complaints complaints') and (indirectly perhaps) the DVD debacle. On top of that, they have presided over the, artistically, least interesting and, vocally, incapable, era of W. Axl Rose, ever in fact. You could argue they carry, at least some of the blame for the fact that none of Guns N’ Roses’s component parts - Ron, Fortus, Ashba, Stinson - seem to know what the hell is going on half of the time (resulting in conflicting itineraries and widespread confusing about future studio work).

Regardless of anything, Beta/TB are piss poor "managers," and I use that term very, very loosely in this situation.

Regardless of a complete lack of evidence for them doing a bad job as managers, too?

I am not saying they are good managers, I am saying how the hell would I know? I have no idea of knowing what they have to work with. What little I know is that they are poor communicators with the fan base and are able to facilitate successful tours. I can't really conclude either way.

A good manager/management team would be able to give Axl a kick in the ass to produce results and so far, TB have been utterly worthless in this department. There is a lesson to be learned here: don't make your nanny/housekeeper/gardener your manager.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to know that Beta or any member of the camp is a registered poster here, probably one of the Axl worshippers.

Groghan is just unbearable.

Instead of just doing your normal insult thing, how about telling me where I'm wrong........or, simply put me on ignore. At the very least, stick to the topic.

It's not about right or wrong, or opinions in general, it's about your non-stop patrolling of the forum. Pretty much all you post is "It amazes me how some posters act this way" or "some posters just don't get it".

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Instead of just doing your normal insult thing, how about telling me where I'm wrong........or, simply put me on ignore. At the very least, stick to the topic.

It's not about right or wrong, or opinions in general, it's about your non-stop patrolling of the forum. Pretty much all you post is "It amazes me how some posters act this way" or "some posters just don't get it".

I like how you edited your original post. But you are still spreading falsehoods.

You ignore all the positive stuff I write about the band, and you ignore all the casual conversations I have.

You have this weird grudge you carry around, so you only notice the negative things. And you take great exception when I call somebody out, but it doesn't bother you when people you agree with call people out. Kind of like what you are doing right now. Making posts specifically to insult another poster while completely ignoring the actual topic. Do you think the forum would be better off we all just ignore topics and only posts insults about other posters?

Let me help you out. Put me on ignore!!! Then you never have to read my posts again. Think about how much better your posting life will be!!! Then you can stick to the actual topics. I put a couple of the posters I found most annoying on ignore and it ended 90% of the arguments I was involved in. Should have did it years ago. You should try it, bro. Life is too short to get angry at complete strangers on a rock n roll forum. If people make you mad, and you aren't willing to have debates with them - just put them on ignore. Good luck to you.

L

I like how you edited your original post. But you are still spreading falsehoods.

You ignore all the positive stuff I write about the band, and you ignore all the casual conversations I have.

You have this weird grudge you carry around, so you only notice the negative things. And you take great exception when I call somebody out, but it doesn't bother you when people you agree with call people out. Kind of like what you are doing right now. Making posts specifically to insult another poster while completely ignoring the actual topic. Do you think the forum would be better off we all just ignore topics and only posts insults about other posters?

Let me help you out. Put me on ignore!!! Then you never have to read my posts again. Think about how much better your posting life will be!!! Then you can stick to the actual topics. I put a couple of the posters I found most annoying on ignore and it ended 90% of the arguments I was involved in. Should have did it years ago. You should try it, bro. Life is too short to get angry at complete strangers on a rock n roll forum. If people make you mad, and you aren't willing to have debates with them - just put them on ignore. Good luck to you.

L

Yes, I edited my original post because the last time we had this conversation you took my "100% of your posts" comment literally and as an actual statistic you tried to refute. I believe that reflects badly on you. I edited for your benefit.

It isn't about you calling people out I agree with, because I don't disagree with you. No one does this on the level that you do. You are the one obsessed with others and their opinions, it became blatantly obvious to me a few months ago when you responded to a post I made with some bullshit like "Does attacking Slash make you happy? Why is the Axl/Slash feud so important to you?", when I wasn't even attacking Slash or taking sides. That's because you are clearly obsessed with patrolling others opinions, and constantly posting this same response everytime.

But thank you for your suggestion, putting you on ignore is clearly the only reasonable option.

Ignore is for wimps. If someone moves you to take that step, they've beaten you.

Normally I'd agree with you.

but if somebody is only interested in fighting with you, or letting you know how much they dislike you - then what is the point? This forum is about GnR. If Shadow doesn't want to talk with me about GnR - whether it is friendly chat or a spirited debate - then why not either just ignore the person, or put them on ignore so you don't see their posts. Shadow has developed an unhealthy personal dislike for me, and doesn't like to talk about GnR with me - so wouldn't he be better off ignoring me?

I'll talk about Gnr with anybody. I don't mind if somebody disagrees with 100% of my GnR opinions. And I'll gladly debate it all with them. But if all they want to do is let me know how much they don't like me, then what is the point? The forum is dedicated to GnR. Not to us. I feel bad that I've had such an effect on this guy.

Ignore is for wimps. If someone moves you to take that step, they've beaten you.

Normally I'd agree with you.

but if somebody is only interested in fighting with you, or letting you know how much they dislike you - then what is the point? This forum is about GnR. If Shadow doesn't want to talk with me about GnR - whether it is friendly chat or a spirited debate - then why not either just ignore the person, or put them on ignore so you don't see their posts. Shadow has developed an unhealthy personal dislike for me, and doesn't like to talk about GnR with me - so wouldn't he be better off ignoring me?

I'll talk about Gnr with anybody. I don't mind if somebody disagrees with 100% of my GnR opinions. And I'll gladly debate it all with them. But if all they want to do is let me know how much they don't like me, then what is the point? The forum is dedicated to GnR. Not to us. I feel bad that I've had such an effect on this guy.

I'm just not a fan.

He could ignore you at any time. Going to ignore is basically admitting that you need to be protected from yourself.