How do you kick a family member out?

SunnyDRE

So long story short, one of my sisters has been having some issues with her husband, and since I am the sibling who lives the closest and has the most space, I said she could come stay with me until they worked it all out.

*sigh* Huge freaking mistake, I want her gone.

It wasn't so bad at first, I mean she cleaned and every now and again she would cook. The house is big, so I still have my space. Thing is over past three weeks, she has become rather messy. Really not so much her, but her two kids. They are babies still, so you can't get too mad at them, but she never cleans up behind them, and now its gotten to the point were they are breaking my sh*t.

She is young (23), and I do love her, and I understand she going through a rough patch in life.........but damn, I think I want her gone.

I feel like if I tell her she has to leave, I'll go to hell or karma will kick my ass.

She's your sister....talk to her like a big brother and tell her how you feel about things. Don't ever let things like that build up inside you...especially with family....the longer you hold it in, the worse it will become. Have a nice, calm talk with her and tell her that you care about her but that you really need her to keep up with things.

• Like 4

Sunny, tell her that you understand that she has been going through a hard time, but also tell her that she needs to make a decision as to what she wants to do in regards to her husband (in a caring way). Tell her that the house is getting a little messy and whilst you don't blame her or the kids, as they have a lot going on right now, you would also appreciate it if they cleaned up after themselves. Remind her at this point that you are always there for her, but suggest that she needs to grab the bull by the horns and that you'll help her do so.

• Like 3

My brother once showed up at one in the morning and started rading the fridge. I closed the fridge looked at him in the eye and tell him to leave. He didn't go quietly but he left.

Good for you George. I bet it's tough when his trailer is right next door to yours.

I don't live in a trailer.

• Like 1

She's your sister....talk to her like a big brother and tell her how you feel about things. Don't ever let things like that build up inside you...especially with family....the longer you hold it in, the worse it will become. Have a nice, calm talk with her and tell her that you care about her but that you really need her to keep up with things.

Agreed. She needs to be reminded in a gentle way that she needs to respect her environment, especially since it doesn't belong to her, and the person who it does belong to.

what kind of messy. toys strewn across the floor or like kids shitting in the sink. i went to one chicks house and she had two kids and there was a pan of scrambled eggs on the living room floor. asked her about it and she said "oh they love eggs, just don't step in it." maybe you could move to a motel til she leaves. like a vacay from domesticity. drinking jameson and prank calling her ex. In fact call her husband and tell him to control his woman.

This is great advice.

I've lived with my sister (self-contained area downstairs), and she never hesitated to have a word with me if something wasn't working. I never took it personally. Tell her straight that she needs to be more responsible for her kids' mess and your things if they're too young to clean up after themselves. You love her and you'll support her, but remind her it isn't a hotel either.

If you talk to her and give her a chance to sort herself out, she might be able to change enough for you to tolerate it a little longer. Hopefully enough time for her to get back on her feet.

• Like 1

This is great advice.

I've lived with my sister (self-contained area downstairs), and she never hesitated to have a word with me if something wasn't working. I never took it personally. Tell her straight that she needs to be more responsible for her kids' mess and your things if they're too young to clean up after themselves. You love her and you'll support her, but remind her it isn't a hotel either.

If you talk to her and give her a chance to sort herself out, she might be able to change enough for you to tolerate it a little longer. Hopefully enough time for her to get back on her feet.

Both give good advice. Sunny, you're a good guy for helping your sister. Be honest with her. You can do it in a supportive way as HV says. I don't know where I would be without my brother. And we are honest with each other which in the end has made us very close.

Guest Len B'stard

Well hes got a point Red i mean, it'd get em away from you. Whether by way of their vacating or your incarceration, it'd get the job done :lol:

Well hes got a point Red i mean, it'd get em away from you. Whether by way of their vacating or your incarceration, it'd get the job done :lol:

Oh yeah that's just great advice innit? Want rid of a pesky relative? Well just fuck their kids and you won't see 'em for dust! :lol: