What is Duff thinking?

I am serious, what do you think Duff honestly thinks about the State of Guns right now? I tuned in to watch some videos of the recent shows and am almost losing some respect for Duff. This band is so god damn bad. I just wonder if he is really enjoying himself out there. This band has destroyed these songs and they sound nothing like they used to. Is he really proud to be part of that? Then there is Axl who sounds like a dying squirrel and looks like weirdo. The guy has zero stage presence left. He just look sand sounds so awkward up there. I wonder if Duff has watched any of these performances..

Watching what they did to those classic songs on the Golden Gods show made me want to puke.

I haven't been a fan of Axl carrying on with this band but when he first came back, he still sounded pretty good and had a cool stage presence. The band at the time also did the songs justice like at the first Rock In Rio with Finck and BH. They looked like ass clowns but they still sounded pretty good.

I think he thought it would be a fun experiment. He doesn't really have anything to lose, and its probably a nice payday. The regular shows in South America were probably fun, and he got a lot of attention. By Golden Gods, I think he was happy it was ending. That was an embarrassing performance and he didn't look too thrilled to be there.

I think he was thinking "this could be fun, and it would be nice to be on good terms with Axl again." I think he's thinking now "that was sort of fun, and I'm glad I'm on better terms with Axl, but I'm never fucking doing that again."

The band itself apart from Ashba's occasional butchering and inaccuracy sound great as usual, it's a lot more precise and layered and clinical, not quite sterile but without Axl it would seem so, they sound swell as they have done since New guns inception, it's not the line up that wrote or had any significant input in what they play but there's nothing inherently wrong with the band, just Axl's current vocals. Duff probably looks at it as an entity he can celebrate with Axl in a detached sense and knows most of the fans are either confused at Axl's inability to create anything with these guys or build on what he sacrificed a third of his life for, or they fucking lol at GNR still being alive since the mid-nineties. He knows the fans love him for his role in the entity's history. He may get on with the current guys but simply will not compute or consider them as adding anything valuable to the band he was a part of, that's Axl's fault for misusing them, not a slight on 'em.

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 2

The band itself apart from Ashba's occasional butchering and inaccuracy sound great as usual, it's a lot more precise and layered and clinical, not quite sterile but without Axl it would seem so, they sound swell as they have done since New guns inception, it's not the line up that wrote or had any significant input in what they play but there's nothing inherently wrong with the band, just Axl's current vocals.

I just don't hear it... I think the bands renditions of these songs is very sterile and boring. I saw a GnR tribute band literally last night that sounds way better than these guys. That is bad..

It's interesting to look at the reactions when the rumour was first announced.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205591-duff-mckagan-to-play-with-guns-n-roses-in-brazil-rumorspeculation-only/

I'll admit I thought it was horseshit since there's so many horseshit rumours started by Brazilian promoters looking to sell a few extra tickets, but happily this turned out to be true.

Also interesting to note that this rumour was around since early February, whereas Duff said a week ago he got a call 5 weeks ago. My guess is he just forgot how much time had passed, and he was there with the band for rehearsals in early March (photos of him and Tommy at rehearsals, and the "What's going on here?" shot of the closed doors for rehearsal on Nightrain).

On topic, I guess he's glad to play a handful of shows with an old friend, play songs he hasn't played in years, and make some good money, too. It's cool that him and Bumble get on. I honestly don't see how he can stand DJ, though. Really bothers me how DJ makes sure he's between Axl and Duff in that shot on the plane, and keeps showing off in front of Duff at shows (and messing up in the process). He's like the annoying little kid trying to act cool in front of his older brother's mates.

The band itself apart from Ashba's occasional butchering and inaccuracy sound great as usual, it's a lot more precise and layered and clinical, not quite sterile but without Axl it would seem so, they sound swell as they have done since New guns inception, it's not the line up that wrote or had any significant input in what they play but there's nothing inherently wrong with the band, just Axl's current vocals. Duff probably looks at it as an entity he can celebrate with Axl in a detached sense and knows most of the fans are either confused at Axl's inability to create anything with these guys or build on what he sacrificed a third of his life for, or they fucking lol at GNR still being alive since the mid-nineties. He knows the fans love him for his role in the entity's history. He may get on with the current guys but simply will not compute or consider them as adding anything valuable to the band he was a part of, that's Axl's fault for misusing them, not a slight on 'em.

Axl COULD get a record out of these guys in a month if he really wanted to. There's always the possibility of record company politics but I think Axl is not motivated to make a new album because he knows that it won't top the charts, which is something that he's used to.

I don't see the big deal though. Just release the music and if it sells it sells.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205591-duff-mckagan-to-play-with-guns-n-roses-in-brazil-rumorspeculation-only/

I'll admit I thought it was horseshit since there's so many horseshit rumours started by Brazilian promoters looking to sell a few extra tickets, but happily this turned out to be true.

Also interesting to note that this rumour was around since early February, whereas Duff said a week ago he got a call 5 weeks ago. My guess is he just forgot how much time had passed, and he was there with the band for rehearsals in early March (photos of him and Tommy at rehearsals, and the "What's going on here?" shot of the closed doors for rehearsal on Nightrain).

On topic, I guess he's glad to play a handful of shows with an old friend, play songs he hasn't played in years, and make some good money, too. It's cool that him and Bumble get on. I honestly don't see how he can stand DJ, though. Really bothers me how DJ makes sure he's between Axl and Duff in that shot on the plane, and keeps showing off in front of Duff at shows (and messing up in the process). He's like the annoying little kid trying to act cool in front of his older brother's mates.

or...maybe team brazil saw the (super positive) reaction in that thread and it gave them the idea to contact duff.

Duff is a family man read his book. His priority is being a father and husband. The rock n roll hurrah is over he lived it. He has success in

Business and does not need GNR at all. He doesnt care who he jams with call it axl, slash or the walking toilet papers.

Edited by SOLGER
  • Like 1

or...maybe team brazil saw the (super positive) reaction in that thread and it gave them the idea to contact duff.

We're geniuses!

Next steps:

1. Fire DJ

2. Bring Back Slash

3. Bring Back Finck as well

4. And Buckethead

5. Tour with 5 guitarists

6. PROFIT

Duff is a family man read his book. His priority is being a father and husband. The rock n roll hurrah is over he lived it. He has success in

Business and does not need GNR at all. He doesnt care who he jams with call it axl, slash or the walking toilet papers.

exactly. i have nothing against slash, he's a savvy businessman, but his book was as calculated as his PR image is with the top hat. it was a typical rock n' roll memoir. duff's - like keith richards' - was surprising both because it was apparent that he actually wrote it himself, and because there was more to it than just the typical "it may sound far fetched but that doesn't mean it didn't happen" stuff. (and i know i sound ultra-critical about slash here, but i really do love the guy. i just can't take his autobiography seriously when i know it was entirely written by anthony bozza based on interviews and transcripts.)

• Like 1

Duff was one of the guys that initially drew me to GnR.
The punk rock swagger, the image, he struck me as a real deal street kid who just happened to land in one of the biggest bands on the planet.

Don't get me wrong, deservedly so.

I think his aura was an integral part of the overall appeal that initially sold the band to a voracious public that could relate.

When I first discovered Guns live, he was the first one I felt a connect with.

When Reckless Road came out, I chose the Duff exclusive cover, out of all them I think the guy is moreso cool as fuck.

• Like 2

He was probably thinking that he was gonna turn Tom-Ass into Tom-Sore-Ass. He correctly predicted that he could inflict a severe amount of butthurt on an idiot and did it. He's out ta get you.

You're pretty tough behind the keyboard you fucking cunt.

I could give a rats ass about Duff playing with Axl. I actually thought it was kind of cool. I am just wondering what Duff thinks now that he did it. I can't imagine that he is is proud of those performances and it was of no fault of his.

I tuned in to watch some videos of the recent shows and am almost losing some respect for Duff.

Why? Because he has the fucking balls (and maturity, but mostly balls) to man up, accept shared responsibility for any past turmoil and jam with an old friend in need of a bassist?

He's a fucking stand-up dude, he jammed with Axl's band probably as a token of appreciation for their past friendship more than anything, and I find this thread pretty pathetic.

Again, I am not questioning why Duff fucking did it. I am just curious as to what he thinks about the experience now. Get off your high horse.

Edited by Tom-Ass

Again, I am not questioning why Duff fucking did it. I am just curious as to what he thinks about the experience now. Get off your high horse.

You said you were losing respect for Duff because he jammed with Axl's band. I found this comment to be ignorant and I explained why. Now you are changing tracks and saying you are just curious what he thinks about Axl's band. Don't tell me I'm on a high horse and insinuate that I misinterpreted your post when I directly responded to exactly what you said.

For the record? I doubt he really acknowledges some of the faults we do (e.g. Axl's voice). He may be aware of them, but I doubt he cares. I get the vibe that he's just plain happy to be helping out his old friend and rebuilding some broken bridges so to speak. I don't think he jammed with them for opportunistic reasons.

• Like 1

He was probably thinking that he was gonna turn Tom-Ass into Tom-Sore-Ass. He correctly predicted that he could inflict a severe amount of butthurt on an idiot and did it. He's out ta get you.

You're pretty tough behind the keyboard you fucking cunt.

I could give a rats ass about Duff playing with Axl. I actually thought it was kind of cool. I am just wondering what Duff thinks now that he did it. I can't imagine that he is is proud of those performances and it was of no fault of his.

I tuned in to watch some videos of the recent shows and am almost losing some respect for Duff.

Why? Because he has the fucking balls (and maturity, but mostly balls) to man up, accept shared responsibility for any past turmoil and jam with an old friend in need of a bassist?

He's a fucking stand-up dude, he jammed with Axl's band probably as a token of appreciation for their past friendship more than anything, and I find this thread pretty pathetic.

obviously he had a good time and enjoyed his self. it was actually one of the high points of recent years for the band. it's rough with axl's vocals these days being a supporter but gtfo if you just wanna be a hater.

Edited by PITBOSS
  • Like 1