Guns N’ Roses shooting for ‘kick-ass’ residency in Las Vegas

I heard months and months ago that they were raising the bar even further for this residency in terms of live effects etc..

Infact... I think I heard before DJ!

I know one of the strippers from the last residency. Maybe I could ask her? :awesomeface:

It's cool to have video and lighting etc but people come for the music and a good rock show not for cheap gimmicks

I'd agree normally but this is Vegas, and they're living up to the public perception of being the Las Vegas Guns N' Roses.

I'm sure it'd be a great show if you were there for one of the nights but we've seen it all before and Axl's voice is struggling right now. If you're a fan of the current band it's becoming redundant and comedic how much time has been spent doing the same thing, they have enough to live comfortably and keep the machine going but when is the breaking point? I predict BBF leaving but Axl will be hit even worse and fall deeper into familiar touring territory. Golden Gods was the last platform for a new track, where the fuck else would he debut it? That was a huge mainstream platform.

Golden Gods was the last platform for a new track, where the fuck else would he debut it? That was a huge mainstream platform.

Even fucking Slayer debuted a new song at the Golden Gods. I mean, I didn't notice, sounded exactly the same as their other songs, but it got a good reaction from their fans.

Axl's Pulling out the bike pants one last time and a boob tube. It will BLOWN YOUR MIND brace your self :nervous:

You know what? I'd give credit for old Axl if he had the balls to do that. Give everybody the finger and show up, beer gut and all, shirtless in boxer shorts and saying fuck it.

• Like 2

Golden Gods was the last platform for a new track, where the fuck else would he debut it? That was a huge mainstream platform.

Even fucking Slayer debuted a new song at the Golden Gods. I mean, I didn't notice, sounded exactly the same as their other songs, but it got a good reaction from their fans.

https://vine.co/v/MntOMBgiTFx

I think that was when Del was in the Pit

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

The only surprise I want is Axl sounding amazing, and looking like he's been working out a little bit. I'll be more than happy if this occurs.

I'm guessing the actual surprise will be new lighting and more dancers. I can't imagine the surprises blowing our minds...maybe it will impress the drunk tourist in Vegas though.

Oh yeah I hate that new Slayer track but their last two records weren't bad, they've even had half the line up gone and are STILL putting decent enough stuff out, they're an active band. The GNR shit is just a farce with the resources and talent Axl's had but we've grown accustomed to it, he's just a lost cause, a highly talented one, but he is in some kind of purgatory but the name allows him the crowds he has, they perform excellently of course but it's 95% due to old members that have left's contributions.

What were the new, exciting, special things that happened at the last Vegas round?

"Exciting things":

- Flying Piano

- Pole dancers

- New covers (Don't Let It Bring You Down, The Seeker)

- TWAT, but with no power, and Axl messing up where he comes in between guitar solos as he's done since '09

Actual exciting things:

- Replacing SOD with Catcher

- TWAT (it's still a great song and hats off to them for playing it all the same)

- Izzy + 14 Years

And think of the goodwill it buys you. If they did even one new song, it would absolutely dominate the conversation on every GNR board.

I am a sort of fan of Pretty Reckless and not a fan at all of Slayer. But I can't lie and say I didn't feel a little jealous watching them drop new stuff, as I'm told my guys played a "new" song because they played 'Better'.

I watch this and think "axl sure does like Richard these days... maybe, just maybe Axl is working predominantly with richard preparing songs for the new record" I mean why would he say that he's trying to figure out how to juggle recording with Guns and touring with the DD if he wasn't actually recording!? seems like he was doing some guns recording... leads me to the question of why Bumble has no knowledge of this.

He pretty much says it all when the interviewer asks is the recording sessions of a release in 2014 and Richard just blows off the question. 2015 at earliest with a possible new track appearing in the live set... however unlikely that would be great.