Rapidfire Kickstarter and subsequent release this year.

I'm not disputing his price points, all I'm saying is people trying to devalue the material itself because they aren't happy with what the seller is doing. I agree that he completely fucked up on this (another rockfuel comparison could be made here) but the people that are saying anyone who buys into this is an idiot, just because the seller is greedy or completely ignorant to how kick starter works and what's needed is a seperate issue entirely

You really think people here that have a problem with how this guy is trying to sell his 30 year old demos don't know how Kickstarter works?

I highly doubt that.

Guest Gunns

I'm not disputing his price points, all I'm saying is people trying to devalue the material itself because they aren't happy with what the seller is doing. I agree that he completely fucked up on this (another rockfuel comparison could be made here) but the people that are saying anyone who buys into this is an idiot, just because the seller is greedy or completely ignorant to how kick starter works and what's needed is a seperate issue entirely

You really think people here that have a problem with how this guy is trying to sell his 30 year old demos don't know how Kickstarter works?

I highly doubt that.

I'm saying Kevin is his own worst enemy, obviously he is using the 20g price tag as a compensatory effort for all the energy, time and money that's taken in dealing with axl and lawyers (which is arguably unjustified, fans shouldn't have to pay for this) but instead of criticizing him they choose to take their anger out on the material.

Music Is subjective as we all know, people talking shit about the songs would probably be surprised to know that others would potentially love the songs.

Let's not take shots at those willing to put money in the table because others are pissed off with the guy having greedy intentions or whatever they are.

He would make more money by charging $9.99 for people to join a site where they can stream the songs in high quality but not be able to download them. Yes, there are ways to get a copy of that but it's not the same. Regardless, the songs will end up on YouTube. I know some DJs that do that with their albums and they make money. Not shitloads but... at least something. The whole 'buy a record-listen to my songs' thing was completely lost by the end of the 90s. Now people buy albums for memorabilia only.

If he's expecting to be rich again by releasing this shit that it's only a 5-song demo, well, it's his own fault by believing in that. It doesn't matter if he promotes it with Axl Rose's name glued on it because Axl Rose is irrelevant in 2014.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

If you're enthusiastic about handing this sleazebag 20K for the dullest period in Axl's career - both personally and artistically - then I can only assume you are a clown.

Guy is not selling Chinese Democracy, man.

:lol:

• Like 3

I highly doubt that.

I'm saying Kevin is his own worst enemy, obviously he is using the 20g price tag as a compensatory effort for all the energy, time and money that's taken in dealing with axl and lawyers (which is arguably unjustified, fans shouldn't have to pay for this) but instead of criticizing him they choose to take their anger out on the material.

Music Is subjective as we all know, people talking shit about the songs would probably be surprised to know that others would potentially love the songs.

Let's not take shots at those willing to put money in the table because others are pissed off with the guy having greedy intentions or whatever they are.

Dude, it was Axl's early years as a lead singer. It's not going to be a masterpiece. You've said it yourself: people shouldn't have to pay for this. These five 30 year old demos are a prime example of something that would be very fitting as a free nostalgic gift to the fans.

Edited by Rovim

I highly doubt that.

Dude, it was Axl's early years as a lead singer. It's not going to be a masterpiece. You've said it yourself: people shouldn't have to pay for this. These five 30 year old demos are a prime example of something that would be very fitting as a free nostalgic gift to the fans.

Why shouldn't we have to pay for this? someone paid for the demo originally.to be recorded. Just cause you want free music?

Guest NGOG

Jesters bought up a good point, I would rather listen to and own this, then the VERY sub par performance by Axl in rockfuels multimillion dollar product that is still to be released

This is a 1 man operation and granted the guy is going about this without much idea on how the Gnr community is, but don't begrudge the dude for valuing it as something great. He was there and it obviously has sentimental and nostalgic value which is probably exaggerating the quality of the actual material (well that and the money he's asking, is pushing him to hype it up)

But to say anyone giving him money for this is a clown then that's very ignorant.

I think with a lot of forums, you get people making the same post 50 times in the same thread but the only thing that changes is that with each post, they become more angry, exaggerate more, try and influence others, saying something controversial just in the hopes of getting attention that they didn't receive in the 49 posts earlier on in the same thread...

I think that's what we have here

I like you G, but it's been clear from the offset that you are brown-nosing in the hope of gaining something from this guy.

20K for Axl's days of impersonating Rob Halford? If we put 20K together ourselves, we could literally get several tracks from Chinese Democracy 2. Problem is, some of us would rather be led by somebody that wants to break profit for himself.

Kevin says he owns it, so why bother with Axl's lawyers???? :blink:

To recieve a handsome fee for his possession? Certainly not out of courtesy to Axl, as he claims.

I highly doubt that.

Why shouldn't we have to pay for this? someone paid for the demo originally.to be recorded. Just cause you want free music?

Fuck no. I don't have any interest of hearing it. And I already said it's his right to sell it for whatever, but at this price, it's still a rip off.

If you're enthusiastic about handing this sleazebag 20K for the dullest period in Axl's career - both personally and artistically - then I can only assume you are a clown.

Guy is not selling Chinese Democracy, man.

:lol:

Fuck you.

I laughed tho. :lol:

• Like 2

Because he's living in fantasyland.

All throughout the missive on his site, he goes into the law. Not how it works, how HE THINKS its should. It obviously doesn't work the way he thinks, or this would have been released 10 years ago.

Guest Gunns

Jesters bought up a good point, I would rather listen to and own this, then the VERY sub par performance by Axl in rockfuels multimillion dollar product that is still to be released

This is a 1 man operation and granted the guy is going about this without much idea on how the Gnr community is, but don't begrudge the dude for valuing it as something great. He was there and it obviously has sentimental and nostalgic value which is probably exaggerating the quality of the actual material (well that and the money he's asking, is pushing him to hype it up)

But to say anyone giving him money for this is a clown then that's very ignorant.

I think with a lot of forums, you get people making the same post 50 times in the same thread but the only thing that changes is that with each post, they become more angry, exaggerate more, try and influence others, saying something controversial just in the hopes of getting attention that they didn't receive in the 49 posts earlier on in the same thread...

I think that's what we have here

I like you G, but it's been clear from the offset that you are brown-nosing in the hope of gaining something from this guy.

20K for Axl's days of impersonating Rob Halford? If we put 20K together ourselves, we could literally get several tracks from Chinese Democracy 2. Problem is, some of us would rather be led by somebody that wants to break profit for himself.

To recieve a handsome fee for his possession? Certainly not out of courtesy to Axl, as he claims.

Incorrect my friend, I'm not brown nosing at all, I am not hoping to "gain" anything from this guy either, would I buy it if it is ready ? Sure, do I care either way if it comes out? Not really unless it's something great. Weird though that you would make that claim of brown nosing when all along I've remained as unbiased as I can about this from day 1?

It seems you perhaps didn't like it when I quoted your post about what you said on those who chip in are clowns? I'm just trying to provide some balance here I don't give a fuck about Kevin at all

seriously, what did this guy expect? He's asking people for large amounts of money for the opportunity to later pay even more money for a CD? gimme a break! Also, he's asking $50 for the kickstarter version of the CD.... ridiculous. is he oblivious to the fact that iTunes charges $0.99 per song? $5 would be more appropriate for a 5 song demo CD like this.

And all of that asking comes from a garage band.

That Axl Rose was in. That's the selling point.

You guys sure did turn on him quick.

A Kickstarter campaign to collectively own a copy of an Aphex Twin album that only reached the test pressing stage has ended – with fans raising a total of over $67,000 (£40,000), NME reports.

Working with the artist and his label, users of the We Are the Music Makers (WATMM) forum planned to buy a £5,000 test pressing of "Caustic Window" from 1994 - distributing digital copies to those who support the campaign. Over 4000 people now have access to the previously unheard album.

The group launched their campaign last month (April) after a British record collector announced they were selling the record for $13,500 (£8,050). The seller claims that the release is one of five test pressings that were never released and that he was given the record by the electronic musician's own Rephlex Records label in 1994. The seller claims Rephlex will never press the album itself.

Now the Kickstarter campaign has ended, the record will be put up for auction on eBay. A third of the profits will go to Aphex Twin (real name Richard James) and his Rephlex label as a royalty payment, a third will go to the Kickstarter contributors, and a third to a charity that they will all vote on.

Aphex Twin's last full album was 2001's "Drukqs," although James has since released a number of EPs and recordings under various aliases.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/kickstarter_campaign_to_buy_lost_aphex_twin_album_raises_over_40000.html

So I guess they actually did something similar and succeeded? It's funny because Richard D. James and Axl look like eachother.

• 1 month later...