New Bumblefoot Interview

Axl is fkn idiot for not working on those songs starting at the 36th minute mark. They'd be truly great if Axl wasn't such a lazy diva and decided to release them with his vocals under the GnR name because to me they already sound fkn amazing.

• Like 1

This guys seems to be fed up with GN'R current status..... It's a bye-bye for Mr. Bumblefoot, unfortunately... and this ain't GN'R anymore. It's Axl's solo project, when you can't keep a whole line-up for a certain amount of time.

So when we say OLD GNR, what is OLD GNR anyways? As far as I can tell, OLD GNR is already the line-up that included Buckethead and Finck :drool:

I don't think Bumblefoot is leaving anytime soon, but it's stupid Axl hasn't gotten vocals on any of these songs. Bumble is a great writer and can write and play pretty much anything, Grunge, Ballads, Strait Foward Rock, he's exactly what Axl has been looking for, yet we still haven't heard any songs Bumble's written with Axl on vocals.

So, no Argentinian Tango for the new GN'R album. At least it's gonna get released this year though.

Thanks for posting!

Damn, he told me it would be on there a few months ago

EDIT- Sorry I misread that lol. I am glad its on his solo album. It would never see the light of day as a GNR song

Edited by ZoSoRose

Bumble's frustration with GN'R says it all. I especially like when he's asked what UYI songs he'd like to play that haven't been played yet and responds along the lines of "what songs would I like to play that we won't play." Things like these are pretty much the entire picture.

It's sad because you know he mentions the things that frustrate him to Axl and he likely brings up our frustrations to him. I just don't think Axl trust him. Bumble will always be the third string player that Axl never truly wanted, but he's the only one that hasn't quit.

If you want change in GNR you need someone like Beta who has been around Axl a long time to talk him into changes. The only other person Axl might listen to is a Duff or Slash and that's if they are in the band.

Axl disconnects himself from his band, and his fans. It's weird, but bumble has no influence on Axl at all. That's probably why there's no new music. Axl isn't inspired by his 2 third string guitar players. That's the thing that bothers me about Axl. Instead of making the most of the hand he dealt, he gets focused on the reasons he had to play a hand. Then he thinks his fans are delusional and are trying to take advantage of him.

While bumble never will have the fan base Axl has, he does treat his few fans really well. He's just a really good guy. I know he wants to create music for a larger audience (the GNR base) but he needs to know when he's been dealt into a crappy situation. And the truth is the GNR boat isn't going anywhere. It's all gimmicks from this point on. Axl has shut himself off to everyone else.

I'm glad bumble has stuck around, I hope the best for him and hope he gets a chance to add his signature to the GNR catalog.

• Like 4

Great interview, honest and informative (well, as informative as it can be). Compare this to "We never play the same setlist! Working on new ideas all the time! Go to ASHBASwag.com!"

Song snippets sounded cool, liked his more recent singles more than his previous work (Invisible and Father especially, and dug the Strawberry Fields Forever cover).

• Like 1

Hired Gn'R musicians are like whores: they get paid to be fucked. They get paid well, but they're still being fucked. At least the ones with integrity and true will to actually be productive and somewhat legit.

Bumble wants to be the "gf" but as of right now, he's not much more then Axl's hired bitch and he doesn't like it. And why would he? he feels like he's got much more to give compared to what he's allowed to, and he doesn't get much in return artistically. It's probably getting boring as fuck for him, considering his many abilities as a guitar player.

You've got a mad scientist in your band with the potential to help you do whatever, but instead there is no musical trust it seems between Axl and the rest of the band. Not like it was in the old days, or even with the 2002 line up.

You mix that with Axl's lazy ass and insecurities and what you get as a fan is nothing. For years at a time.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3