New Bumblefoot Interview

Rovim, that whole analogy has to be one of the most beautiful, but ugly and true things I have ever read. But reading your post really gets me down, cause it makes me think back to all the potential this band has had at several different points, and honestly still has. I know this might sound bad, but I hope everyone in the band leaves or finds a better opportunity. What they're going through now is borderline artistic abuse. I'm sure the money's really good, but what's that when you're just gonna end up being remembered as one notch above a touring/session musician?

Wouldn't it be awesome if Bumblefoot's record ends up being a huge hit? I know it probably won't happen, but it'd be great for him to finally get the recognition he deserves.

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.
  • Like 1

Rovim, that whole analogy has to be one of the most beautiful, but ugly and true things I have ever read. But reading your post really gets me down, cause it makes me think back to all the potential this band has had at several different points, and honestly still has. I know this might sound bad, but I hope everyone in the band leaves or finds a better opportunity. What they're going through now is borderline artistic abuse. I'm sure the money's really good, but what's that when you're just gonna end up being remembered as one notch above a touring/session musician?

Wouldn't it be awesome if Bumblefoot's record ends up being a huge hit? I know it probably won't happen, but it'd be great for him to finally get the recognition he deserves.

Whatever Axl is doing doesn't work, and I'm not talking about Chinese. It's borderline disrespectful to not give these musicians a fucking chance to at least fucking express themselves. And the fans to have a good reason to follow them and being recognized for something fresh and of value. I don't know how long Bumble can take this shit.

Great to see he's still staying active and using his talent. Not always been the biggest fan of his less melodic wankery on some of his stuff but his talent is undeniable. Such a shame they can't all just write and record together!

Bumblefoot should use his Don't Cry strategy with another UYI deep cut or even a New Song. Play an impressive instrumental version that gets the crowd into it. Then in a few years Axl will finally get his lazy ass out on stage and sing the whole song. Worked for Don't Cry.

I dislike that solo projects come out from the members because on the off chance that Axl wants to release an album, some of the potential hits that might have been have already been out. Its understandable that they want to but it irks me.

Nice interview, I don't personally see his efforts as being wasted or squandered, his songs seem to fit him the most and I feel he is more a collaborator than someone who'd write melodies for Guns, once they are there, he knows how to flesh it all out!

Thanks for posting.

Edited by Bumblefeet

I dislike that solo projects come out from the members because on the off chance that Axl wants to release an album, some of the potential hits that might have been have already been out. Its understandable that they want to but it irks me.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I think it's better we hear those potential hits from the solo releases than not hear them at all.

Whatever Axl is doing doesn't work, and I'm not talking about Chinese. It's borderline disrespectful to not give these musicians a fucking chance to at least fucking express themselves. And the fans to have a good reason to follow them and being recognized for something fresh and of value. I don't know how long Bumble can take this shit.

He'll stick around as long as the checks clear

He'll stick around as long as the checks clear

You don't know that. Enough guitar players have left even after years of being in the band. Probably cause they were rightly frustrated by Axl's talent to steer the ship into the rocks. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Edited by Rovim

So if it irks you so much what would you rather them do? Just have them sit on their best material and hope that one day Axl wants to move forward?

I'm glad Slash started Snakepit, and I'm glad that the other members are doing their own things as well.

Wonder what Axl will think in ten years time looking back on the music he could've released with the guys he's had at his disposal and only has one record done, a great record, but one goddamn record with all the resources, personnel, opportunities and time... he'll have plenty of cash and an outstanding catalogue of songs but the shit he could've achieved with new GNR is just sad.

• 2 weeks later...