2008 and everyones gone

So Chinese finally droped in 2008,

first question is- was Finck technically still in the band when it came out?

Second- Do you think Axl lost what what left of his will after his second batch of musicians also left. The guy was obviously hurt by the way the original band went down (he went into hiding for god knows how long) I imagine losing bucket but more so Robin was tough especially with his album finnaly coming out.

Edited by Estranged Coma

Second- Do you think Axl lost what what left of his will after his second batch of musicians also left. The guy was obviously hurt by the way the original band went down (he went into hiding for god knows how long) I imagine losing bucket but more so Robin was tough especially with his album finnaly coming out.

He didn't exactly lost them. He made them leave cause he's too insecure as a musician to release albums in a timely fashion.

These are professional musicians. They don't want to fuck around. They want to actually create, release, and perform songs they wrote live, but Axl has his own unique way of doing things.

Edited by Rovim

I strongly believe Finck was out well before the albums release in 2008. If we remember correctly his name was removed from the band's Myspace page which prompted someone to ask Del James about Finck in which he replied "Only Robin knows what Robin is doing" or something to that extent. During Bumblefoot's interview with Eddie Trunk weeks/days before the launch a caller asked Ron if Robin was still in the band and Ron skipped the question. I remember Robin writing about his disappointment about the 2007 tour being cut? Anyone have an exert of that?

I strongly believe Finck was out well before the albums release in 2008. If we remember correctly his name was removed from the band's Myspace page which prompted someone to ask Del James about Finck in which he replied "Only Robin knows what Robin is doing" or something to that extent. During Bumblefoot's interview with Eddie Trunk weeks/days before the launch a caller asked Ron if Robin was still in the band and Ron skipped the question. I remember Robin writing about his disappointment about the 2007 tour being cut? Anyone have an exert of that?

Where else were they planning to tour in 2007? 2006 was North America + Europe, 2007 saw Australia/NZ + Japan... more Asia dates? South America (man, weird to think places like Argentina didn't have gigs between 1993 and 2010...)?

He didn't exactly lost them. He made them leave cause he's too insecure as a musician to release albums in a timely fashion.

These are professional musicians. They don't want to fuck around. They want to actually create, release, and perform songs they wrote live, but Axl has his own unique way of doing things.

All very true GnR has become complete chaos. I think if I were Finck I might have stuck around though. I know nothing of his role in NIN really but musically isn't it mostly Reznor doing his thing? Finck did all this work for gnr and didn't stick around to have his face behind his work. And not for the benefit of Axl but for himself, seems like a lot of fans enjoyed his studio work on Chinese and it's a shame he left.

Another question because I'm bored-

Anyone think Finck and/or bucket leaving was worse in Axls head then Slash? Obviously most would say no, but what productive (new release wise. Touring has been relatively successful?) has happened since Finck left? Nothing at all.. Even Chinese was released without Axls blessing or the way he wanted it or watever..