Germany 2006 Rock Am Ring. Finest new GNR concert?

On 5/9/2014 at 1:13 PM, Rovim said:

Many fans here praised Axl at the time for his Rock Am Ring Nightrain performance. Fans that were harsh critics said it was great.

He sounds so good, it's at 1988 levels. Better than any UYI bootlegs I've ever heard. 

If only he was flanked by Duff and Slash, that would have been an epic comeback. I heard James and Lars were at the Rock AM Ring show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

He sounds so good, it's at 1988 levels. Better than any UYI bootlegs I've ever heard. 

If only he was flanked by Duff and Slash, that would have been an epic comeback. I heard James and Lars were at the Rock AM Ring show.

Didn't it start at some ungodly hour?

Total contrast to Download in the blistering heat that year at 820 (vey strict contract I believe).  They turned it around in the end at Donington but the first hour was painful.  That Download was epic though, so many great bands and the stage was fucking huge and epic.

IRS from this was and still is fucking monumental.

I've probably already posted that in here, but it's still relevant.

The album version SUCKS thanks to Thal's directionless noodling through the whole fucking song, but IRS is probably my pick of all the CD stuff and the most like classic GNR.

I'd love to hear Slash tear it up.

2 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

IRS from this was and still is fucking monumental.

I've probably already posted that in here, but it's still relevant.

The album version SUCKS thanks to Thal's directionless noodling through the whole fucking song, but IRS is probably my pick of all the CD stuff and the most like classic GNR.

I'd love to hear Slash tear it up.

Even if you're not into Bumble's additions, it gave a chance for Frank to add that cool fill in Bucket's solo. It's a small touch, but adds more energy to the the solo.

I thought Bumble's wah in the last chorus added some urgency. And his fast run on top of Robin's sparse first solo improved it imo. (right in the end of Robin's solo)

Slash will probably tear it a new asshole.

Edited by Rovim

On 4/15/2017 at 9:41 AM, megaguns1982 said:

Videos blocked now... does that mean someone from the gnr camp is monitoring this forum?

Could be, it has happened quite a few times here before that someone posted a video and within an hour they were blocked, the funny thing was those videos were already on youtube since more than 5 years 

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2017 at 11:30 PM, Sosso said:

The finest concert was Boston 2002. But RAR was also huge.

It's preference.

I think Albany 2002 was tons better than Boston as a whole. The December LA shows in 2006 take the cake for best 'NuGNR' (can't beleive I used that) gigs in my opinion.

On 4/17/2017 at 5:05 AM, Słash said:

Could be, it has happened quite a few times here before that someone posted a video and within an hour they were blocked, the funny thing was those videos were already on youtube since more than 5 years 

So the casual fans can have access via youtube, but the hardcore fans that frequent a forum dedicated to the band are not allowed to view them?

Edited by ironmt

I waited 12hrs in the first row that day. During better axl came in front of the barriers, during nightrain finck did. I had a three day ticket for that festival but left after gnr were done, which was like 4am. Had to wake up some poor people on the camping site to move their car cause it was blocking mine. Cool day that was.

Edited by xBrownstonex

It sucks that Robin left GN'R for NIN. He is just a live guitarist there and he has almost zero input on the studio albums. GN'R was much better for him in regards of creativity

Edited by Sosso