Germany 2006 Rock Am Ring. Finest new GNR concert?

ER are you confusing inland show with rio? That was the first full length pro shot. Although it was the sound that wasnt mixed which made the show poor.

my bad, i forgot about rio.

but no, i very much recall watching the live stream of KROQ and everybody being really underwhelmed. that, and Rio IV, were both disappointing, especially considering how strong Axl was at other shows that year. i think a lot of it had to do with the sound setup not being ideal, at least for the streaming, and the sound mix ended up being shit.

I dont think so. Both shows were weak vocally because they were one of the first shows of the tours. By the 5th, 6th or 7th shows of both tours he sounded great again...

Just watched Los Angeles 2006 gee thats the best the band sounded even bumble sounds good. He needs to go back using a Gibson. Its a completely diff axl hes right into killing it.

Edited by Gibbo 27

Just watched Los Angeles 2006 gee thats the best the band sounded even bumble sounds good. He needs to go back using a Gibson. Its a completely diff axl hes right into killing it.

I watched the LA 2006 gig last week, probably the strongest performance by that lineup that I've seen, Axl sounded great and the band had great energy - and I agree with your comment on BBF, I don't like his tone when he's not using a Gibson.

Yeah i hadnt seen that show for years forgot how good they were back then fuck its sad what its become now unreal really the whole band had more go even. I seen them in Adelaide in 2007 it was a good show but not as good as this. I think both Bumble and Robins tones are better then now.

Edited by Gibbo 27

Definitely my favorite, with Boston 2002 and LA 2011.

Huge concert, big ass crowd. Jungle, Brownstone, Michelle, KOHD, Nightrain, BETTER! it seems there are almost no better performances for these songs. Shame that we didn't have Madagascar. And IRS was messy.

I have never seen the LA 2006 gig. I will try to see it tonight.

It's totally worth the time, man!

Relatively good quality bootleg and a killer show

Yep, best 2006 show in my book. Some killer unique Axl vocal performances that night.

2006 LA should have a pro shot. The only thing I didn't like was Robin on Chinese Democracy. He didn't exactly nail the opening notes or solo. It didn't really bother me though.

Axl sounded incredible on every song. I didn't find one where I thought he sounded just ok on. It was all great!

• Like 1

RAR LA 2006 and Dublin 2006 (daylight concert) were the best. I never ever saw the band n Axl so happy and great mood like in Dublin,

his/their joking around was priceless in that concert

It remains my favourite gig that i attended.

RAR and KROQ Inland Invasion are the best newGNR shows I've heard, yeah

Inland Invasion was awful. I remember back in 2006, it was greeted with the same sense of disappointment as many of the recent gigs. We knew Axl was having a very strong year, and then when it came time to get a pro-shot recording (I don't think Rock Am Ring had been aired yet, so it was our first '06 pro shot full gig), he was having a big off night. He sounded weak, the band's mixing was poor, the whole thing was a complete mess. It's one of their worst shows, imo.

Abysmal.

Rock Am Ring, Universal Ampitheatre (LA) '06, and Download Festival are three of the best gigs. Download partially because of the context, how he got pissed off by the crowd, then won them back by the end of Paradise City, and because of how strong his voice was when he stopped running around. LA '06 has the best mix of rasp and Mickey.

another trivia note:

back in 2006 i uploaded the Rock Am Ring version of WTTJ to my youtube channel. it received over a million views and tons of likes -- then one day mysteriously got pulled by 'uzi suicidal llc' and (in combination with a fanmade music video also being pulled at the same time) resulted in me getting my youtube account banned. hmm...

I've never seen Inland Invasion - what's so bad about that, other than how ridiculous BBF looks?

• Like 1

RAR and KROQ Inland Invasion are the best newGNR shows I've heard, yeah

Inland Invasion was awful. I remember back in 2006, it was greeted with the same sense of disappointment as many of the recent gigs. We knew Axl was having a very strong year, and then when it came time to get a pro-shot recording (I don't think Rock Am Ring had been aired yet, so it was our first '06 pro shot full gig), he was having a big off night. He sounded weak, the band's mixing was poor, the whole thing was a complete mess. It's one of their worst shows, imo.

Abysmal.

Rock Am Ring, Universal Ampitheatre (LA) '06, and Download Festival are three of the best gigs. Download partially because of the context, how he got pissed off by the crowd, then won them back by the end of Paradise City, and because of how strong his voice was when he stopped running around. LA '06 has the best mix of rasp and Mickey.

another trivia note:

back in 2006 i uploaded the Rock Am Ring version of WTTJ to my youtube channel. it received over a million views and tons of likes -- then one day mysteriously got pulled by 'uzi suicidal llc' and (in combination with a fanmade music video also being pulled at the same time) resulted in me getting my youtube account banned. hmm...

I've never seen Inland Invasion - what's so bad about that, other than how ridiculous BBF looks?

at the time it seemed to be the consensus (and i'd agree with this opinion) that it was an underwhelming show by the standards of 2006, as axl's voice was pretty 'Mickey' for a good portion of the show, and the sound mix was subpar. but you know, looking back now, maybe it doesn't look so bad, and i don't mean that to sound as disparaging as it may come across. :lol: i did always like the performance of IRS from that gig.

Someone needs to make a blu ray out off RAR.

Was it ever aired in true HD?

I've seen it upscaled on Youtube from digital sources, but I don't think it ever aired in high definition.

If German television ever replays it in HD, we should have someone cap it.

• Like 1

at the time it seemed to be the consensus (and i'd agree with this opinion) that it was an underwhelming show by the standards of 2006, as axl's voice was pretty 'Mickey' for a good portion of the show, and the sound mix was subpar. but you know, looking back now, maybe it doesn't look so bad, and i don't mean that to sound as disparaging as it may come across. :lol: i did always like the performance of IRS from that gig.

Yeah I was perhaps a bit zealous lumping KROQ in as one of their best shows :lol:

I really liked Robin and Fortus' little interlude and loved Thal's Don't Cry from it, RAR sounds a lot better in general though yeah.

The IRS from RAR is my favourite version of the song.

Someone needs to make a blu ray out off RAR.

Was it ever aired in true HD?

I've seen it upscaled on Youtube from digital sources, but I don't think it ever aired in high definition.

If German television ever replays it in HD, we should have someone cap it.

Not that I know of. HD broadcasts weren't really a thing yet in 2006, were they?