Help me out please (used to be: Whatever happened to GNRInfo.tk?)

Hey,

some of you may remember me from here from the past.. ANYWAY!

I'm writing an article on GN'R and when I remember and have read during the last months tons and tons of material about the band and I can even remember where(such as GNRInfo) I read some particular quote way back (possibly even ten years ago..) it's really hard to pinpoint some lines I'm looking for..

For example - the reason I started this topic is because I wanted to find a Duff quote about TSI? saying how they were going to call it "THE RETIREMENT PLAN EP" or something (the reason being because the GN'R album will pay for a lot of musicians "retirement"). I know I've read it from GNRInfo but GNRInfo being down and gone I can't find the quote anywhere. Does anyone know what I'm talking about??

Currently I'm trying to find Axl words on how they divided money for Appetite For Destruction with some elaborate pattern by Slash based on who wrote what part of the song.

The article won't be in english so sorry, can't post it here :|

This is the original first post:

This used to be the greatest database for knowledge on GN'R. For long it was accessible via The Waybackmachine but has now been removed even from there. Does anyone know if the site moved somewhere or if the information is still available somewhere? I keep kicking my head for not downloading the whole site when it was online...
Edited by Wando

SoulMonster's site is pretty sweet as well.

Link, please?

http://www.a-4-d.com/

Check out the right side of the page about halfway down (just above the twitter feed). It's a great archive.

Hey this is great, hats off to SoulMonster! The only thing I can think of missing is archive pages for individual albums too (i.e. the band had a lot to say about recording Use Your Illusion).

And expanding on that thought - why not segments for popular gn'r topics such as the break-up, re-union, new guns, st. louis incident etc. with quotes and views from every band member. Anyway, again o/ to SoulMonster for the site.

Thanks guys! I am working on the site - more content is added continuously. I have planned to add an archive for individual records, but thanks for reminding me :). As for popular topics, most of these are stickied in the relevant sections (e.g. a thread on reunion, a thread on unreleased music, etc). The St. Louis incident is covered in the relevant show thread.

• Like 1