How successful would a reunion be - give your estimates

How successful do you think a reunion album and tour would be? I'm talking a one-off. One album, 18 months of touring the world.

How much money would be offered up to the band?

How many copies would the album sell?

Would it produce any rock hits?

How many people would they play to a night?

My guess

$15 million per member, maybe half that amount for a dummer (matt or steven). Dizzy.....maybe a million? I think there was a rumor that the band was offered 250 million for a reunion album/tour awhile back? With the amount of records that CD sold, plus how many records Loaded/Slash sell......I don't think the amount offered would be anywhere near 250 million today.

7-8 million copies

A couple charting songs on the rock charts, maybe a top 10 single on the normal

Sell out any arena/stadium in the 20-25,000 seat range

Nowhere near the hundred million dollar cultural revolution that Nobody puts baby in a corner fans think it would be.

Album would be garbage, probably sell around the same figures as Death Magnetic or something.

Rick Rubin might be able to make a (relative) hit for them.

They'd sell out average size stadiums for a tour.

Edited by bacardimayne

Nowhere near the hundred million dollar cultural revolution that Nobody puts baby in a corner fans think it would be.

Album would be garbage, probably sell around the same figures as Death Magnetic or something.

Rick Rubin might be able to make a (relative) hit for them.

They'd sell out average size stadiums for a tour.

i think you are pretty close. IMO it would probably sell close to what CD sold, and would be a #1 album for probably a week, the lead single would probably go to #1 and fall off. they would sell out decent sized stadiums and the tickets would cost a shit ton.

• Like 1

Arena tour would sell out but they'd never get away with charging what the Stones did.

Reunion albums rarely fly off shelves.

As far as what they'd get? Not as much as you think. Anytime they throw that 100 million dollar number in, there's always more to it.

Millions and millions of dollars for all the members of GNR.

The ticket prices would probably be over $200 a ticket too.

I think if GNR did one reunion tour, the original members wouldn't have to do anything for the rest of their lives and their kids' lives too.

Guest NGOG

I think that some of you have no idea how culturally relevant old GNR were/continue to be - and I firmly believe that. They could absolutely produce a hit record, but the potential of that impact would depend on a few things:

- Axl and Slash aren't in bad shape per se, but a rigorous cardio routine would be beneficial. In fact, they should all take a few notes from Duff on healthy living. Sex appeal was a major part of old GNR, so if they turn up looking a bit punch-drunk, they'll inevitably be sneered at.

- Axl, and to a lesser extent Izzy, would need to commit to a recording process (and not abscond).

- Slash will have to produce GNR-level guitars without substances. As Eminem knows, it's not easy to produce an energy that compares to your drug days.

- They would all have to spend time together. Not supervised, not contrived. Real bonding.

All you have to do is look at the energy generated onstage by Axl and Duff to realise that one last run by old GNR is very possible.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 3

I think that some of you have no idea how culturally relevant old GNR were/continue to be - and I firmly believe that. They could absolutely produce a hit record, but the potential of that impact would depend on a few things:

- Axl and Slash aren't in bad shape per se, but a rigorous cardio routine would be beneficial. In fact, they should all take a few notes from Duff on healthy living. Sex appeal was a major part of old GNR, so if they turn up looking a bit punch-drunk, they'll inevitably be sneered at.

- Axl, and to a lesser extent Izzy, would need to commit to a recording process (and not abscond).

- Slash will have to produce GNR-level guitars without substances. As Eminem knows, it's not easy to produce an energy that compares to your drug days.

- They would all have to spend time together. Not supervised, not contrived. Real bonding.

All you have to do is look at the energy generated onstage by Axl and Duff to realise that one last run by old GNR is very possible.

Spot on

If GNR wound up getting a house far removed from Hollywood and wanted to make a great album, they could still do it.

• Like 1

GNR was never a product of planning and strategizing. They were lightning in a bottle, spontaneous. Their success didn't come from detailed and careful planning. It was the polar opposite, in fact.

A reunion would be an exercise in extreme planning and strategizing. In effect, it would be the total opposite of what resulted in GNR's original magic. And the result would be mediocre new songs with a nostalgia tour.

The fire which caused all the magical songs to be written is the same fire which destroyed them. You can't have one without the other.

A reunion tour would make probably $25mil per primary band member. But it'll never happen. What would team Brazil do? They'd get none of that money, so they're not interested in letting all do it.

• Like 2

A new record would be completely overshadowed by the reunion tour. Most would illegally download it.

Tour would massive in the beginning, then slowly fizzle out once the casual fan returning to relive their junior high days heard what Axl sounds like live these days.

It would be huge in terms of money. You would have every festival trying to get them. They would headline huge shows. South America alone would host a huge concert for them. They would play on mtv to promote the tour. It would surprise some how big a deal it would be, but at the same time don't expect a use your illusion type tour that is a must see. Seeing a reunited guns would be like going to a museum. The crowds wouldn't be as hyped up unless they don't announce it and it's a total surprise. I just see it as being a novelty.

Idon't expect a use your illusion type tour that is a must see. Seeing a reunited guns would be like going to a museum. The crowds wouldn't be as hyped up unless they don't announce it and it's a total surprise. I just see it as being a novelty.

mmm no

Initially, it would be absolutely insane.

Response would be off the grid. In South America it would be nuclear.

Idon't expect a use your illusion type tour that is a must see. Seeing a reunited guns would be like going to a museum. The crowds wouldn't be as hyped up unless they don't announce it and it's a total surprise. I just see it as being a novelty.

mmm no

You think so? I mean it would be cool, but the lights would come on and you would see 5 guys in their 50's trying to look cool and live up to these expectations they set 30 years ago. I would be crazy hyped though

mmm no

You think so? I mean it would be cool, but the lights would come on and you would see 5 guys in their 50's trying to look cool and live up to these expectations they set 30 years ago. I would be crazy hyped though

Did you see them live back in the day?

The fact that they would all be together on the same stage would be enough. No one would expect the 80's street rats.

It would be about the songs, the vibe, carried by the guys who initially made it happen.

I was at the Hammerstein '06 show where Izzy was the guest, when he walked out people fuckin flipped, including me.

Did you see how people reacted to Duff sitting in with nuGuns?

The mere fact that it would be the original guys together, the music would carry the rest. Reaction would be off the chart.

Did you see how people reacted to ONE Zep reunion gig, with a key member missing?

• Like 2

An album would probably sell a million copies just based on the 'holy shit the original GNR has a new album out' factor, not so much the quality (which wouldn't be very high). The tour would sell like a motherfucker though, I'd bet most shows would be totally sold out. But after that hype wore out it'd crash and burn hard.

Fans have had to settle for mostly no name session musicians as "Guns N' Roses" for over a decade now. Guys have come and gone with barely a murmur outside of these forums. And yet the world still remembers and embraces the original band. A reunion, quite frankly, would be epic, no matter how much Axl or nuGuns fans want to play it down. The vibe between Axl and Duff or Axl and Izzy on stage is always mesmerizing to see. And this is just the bass player and rhythm guitarist. Anyone who has seen Slash live knows he has this iconic presence on stage, much like Axl. You put them all together and yeah, there's no doubt that would be friggin huge.

Of course this would all be contingent on Axl getting his shit together, vocally and physically. Funny how the guy who allegedly did the least amount of drugs in the band turned out to be the guy struggling the most later in life.

Huge. Not sure about going rates in music, but they'd all be doing pretty well financially. Album would probably produce at least one hit, which would be played quite regularly on the radio for the first month or so of being out. The band would get HUGE amounts of publicity, it would be all over the media. They would sell out stadiums easily. Imagine a tour through the US with people pretty much reacting like they did during RIR3.

I love how reunionshits already have the "it's because Axl is fat!" excuse ready to play if the reunion happens and isn't the biggest thing since Michael Jackson came back to life in 2020 and toured the moon.

Wouldn't it be though?

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, and fuck, even Steve are in great shape for their ages compared to Axl. All seem to be on par with their performances that I've seen throughout the years. Again even Steven. I mean it's pretty universally agreed upon Axl's the weakest link performance wise, is it not?You're telling me an 06 Or 2010 Axl on stage with those guys instead of 2014 shit Axl wouldn't be a huge game changer for the fate of the outcome?

Cmon :jerkoff: