Going to try to start learning acousic...

Fuck man just learn Smoke On The Water like everybody else and go from there :D JK, but don't obsess with music theory and bullshit. Learn chords, strings, reading tabs and thats enough. Don't learn scales, that will make your solos sound boring and unoriginal. Realize it took me about 3-4 months to learn my first two songs and in the next 3-4 months I learned dozens of songs. Its gonna go faster and faster as time moves on. Also look up Marty Schwartz on youtube, he shows slowly and explains everything and has tutorials on many songs. And dont obsess with the internet, remember that all the greatest guitarists developed their style because they were fucking around in their basements. Good luck

Yeah - fuck the scales, random notes sound so much better.

/sarcasm

It's about being free to experiment with sound, and as you gain experience, you're gonna know which notes can be combined which can't but you will do it based on your feeling, not thinking. Which is what makes a great musician.

Gunner,

First you must learn the rules in order to know how to "break" them. Your general premise isn't wrong persay, but your thought process is a little "off". Learning chords, scales, reading music, key signitures, etc is only going to make you better. Not worse. Yes after you learn them, it takes a while for them to become a natural part of your playing. Because playing scales or chords like a robot, is not a desired trait. All the best guitarist know scales, so I don't understand your logic.....