We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No draft - at least not in county cricket. Signings: there is a window of, circa thirty or so days, where other clubs can approach players and poach them essentially. A sum is then transferred between the clubs. Each club is allowed one overseas player also, a glitzy signing.

It is not as bad as football. Some teams are a lot homegrown than others. My team for instance have a thriving academy of local players. Others take the piss a bit and are filled with Australians on dodgy UK passports! There is also Kolpak,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolpak_ruling

Wow. American baseball went thru that legal battle about 40 years ago. Interesting legal question. The whole legal aspect fascinates me as compared to a regular Joe say working a regular job. But obviously we are talking about a whole different set of laws.

Too bad you can't just line up the best in the world and let er rip on a given day, am I right?

7 hours ago, wasted said:

Is there 1 day? I'm looking to replace football matches. I like the highlight shows more but 1 day might fit. 

India v Pakistan today.

To see who gets Kashmir.

7 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Wow. American baseball went thru that legal battle about 40 years ago. Interesting legal question. The whole legal aspect fascinates me as compared to a regular Joe say working a regular job. But obviously we are talking about a whole different set of laws.

Too bad you can't just line up the best in the world and let er rip on a given day, am I right?

Remember cricket also exists at international level. The top players spend time between their respective countries and their domestic sides.

It is pissing down today so Durham may have just saved the match. Incidentally there was a Northants supporter dressed as a banana, a rather drunken banana, and another dressed as a lizard or gecko or something or other. I like Northants. Fat lads who play good cricket.

PS

This is them,

DBirZ0DXcAANG59.jpg

They called themselves the 'Nathan Buck Army' haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He needs a county, Monty. I wouldn't mind him coming up here as we lack a spin bowling option and you'll get another two-three years out of him (granted, our wicket doesn't turn much).

He added my daughter on Facebook then messaged her for her number! Dirty old git :P

Middlesex absolutely battering Yorkshire. This is my third bet on the cricket this year and I have a 0% success record so far. This must be the one. I had a double for the Lions to win yesterday and so this win on the cricket would net me £60. No doubt it will piss down for the next three days now.

Ireland and Afghanistan test status. He is the list of countries achieving test status,

England (founder member) 1909
Australia (founder member) 1909
South Africa (founder member) 1909
India 1926
New Zealand 1926
West Indies 1926
Pakistan 1952
Sri Lanka 1981
Zimbabwe 1992
Bangladesh 2000
Ireland 2017
Afghanistan 2017

6 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

England V Saffies was close, England needed 4 off the last ball but couldn't quite get there. They were looking good at around 50-1 off around 30 odd balls but I had backed them so obviously they capitulated.

I didn't watch but their new Twenty20 shirt is dreadful, isn't it? It looks like somebody had accidentally put a QPR shirt in the wash with something red.

Yes the kit is a bit crap. I have to admit though I did enjoy the match I can see the appeal. It's dumb cricket and it doesn't have the twists and turns that I love about Test cricket (well, it does but they occur within minutes not whole afternoons) but it was fun watching a chase where every ball counted. 

Oh my god,

West Indies Women   South Africa Women

48 all out                   51-0 (in 6.2overs!!)

South Africa Women win by 10 wickets

PS

van Niekerk 3.2-3-0-4. 0.00

Edited by DieselDaisy