We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

On 4/23/2017 at 5:23 PM, Dazey said:

My mate Rob used to live in a student house on St Michael's Lane in Headingley. House was directly across the road from the turnstiles to the ground. I think I've still got a set of practice stumps we nicked from there on a late night raid back in 2001 or so. :lol:

My brother and his mate nicked a scoreboard from some ground once for their own games they had somewhere or other :lol:

11 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Diesel what do you think the chance is of Pakistan beating the West Indies in the 2nd test match?

Oh shit, did we win?  Nice one lads!  Just don't check the lockers eh? :lol:  You might find an envelope marked 'for to fixing of the match' (read that in your best bud bud accent :lol: )

Edited by Len Cnut

23 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Diesel what do you think the chance is of Pakistan beating the West Indies in the 2nd test match?

I'm ehh not watching it, what with the English domestic season being on (currently the one-dayers). I have kept an eye on the scores and I noticed Misbah was left stranded on 99* at some stage.

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh shit, did we win?  Nice one lads!  Just don't check the lockers eh? :lol:  You might find an envelope marked 'for to fixing of the match' (read that in your best bud bud accent :lol: )

They haven't won yet but it's halfway through and ive got 20 quid on them. It's poised like this what do you reckon?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41586

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I'm ehh not watching it, what with the English domestic season being on (currently the one-dayers). I have kept an eye on the scores and I noticed Misbah was left stranded on 99* at some stage.

They do seem to be dragging it out that's why I'm worried it might be a draw.

I would suspect a Pakistan victory. Pakistan should have a huge 1st innings lead there, being only three wickets down and about 70 behind. There is, two and a bit days left? Look at the forecast for those days.

The West Indies couldn't win an argument these days.

PS

Also Pakistan won the first test by seven wickets.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would suspect a Pakistan victory. Pakistan should have a huge 1st innings lead there, being only three wickets down and about 70 behind. There is, two and a bit days left? Look at the forecast for those days.

The West Indies couldn't win an argument these days.

PS

Also Pakistan won the first test by seven wickets.

Lovely thanks. The forecast is 3 days of sun in Barbados ?

West Indian cricket is in disarray. Their 'stars', your Gayles etc, cannot be bothered to play for the national team and are instead all T20 mercenaries. They only turn up for T20 world cups. The Test and ODI are like second elevens. Their administrative board is a mess over politics and financing.

4 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Was it match fixing maybe?

How many no balls did Amir bowl?

Pakistani are notorious for their batting collapses mind, that and their dreadful fielding. Was that a lively wicket do you know? They were batting last but it wasn't a 5th day wicket.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 4:09 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I hope I haven't lost spunko his twenty pounds,

Pakistan (second inns) trail West Indies by 167 runs with 8 wickets remaining

I've had a little flutter on Durham to beat Glamorgan. That's your lot isn't it? Haway the lads.