We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

The time i can remember most people going nuts about Cricket is when Pakistan won the World Cup in 1992 i think it was but don't hold me to that. Certain male members of my family actually went and prayed, as in literally prayed, the muslim prayer thing, one of his five a day, for the matt out and actually prayed to God for Pakistan to win it :lol:

I dunno what I'm laughing at, I pray nearly every Arsenal game, although it's more like 'ohpleasegoddon'tletthemlose' repeated over and over again as opposed to any sort of formalised petition of the Lord.

I forgot they tried to spice cricket up then a guy from Croydon messed it up or something with fixing matches or some shit.

Who is going to explain to Pit the LBW rule?

Well see the way it works is if your leg is in front of the wicket the only way you can take the shot without being out is attempting to bat the ball away with your dick.

Rohit Sharma has just obliterated the record for ODIs: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/30038630

264 against Sri Lanka :o

It is actually his second double ton in ODIs

Highest individual ODI scores

1. Rohit Sharma (India)

v Sri Lanka (2014)

2. Virender Sehwag (India)

v Australia (2011)

3. Rohit Sharma (India)

v Australia (2013)

4. Sachin Tendulkar (India)

200*

v South Africa (2010)

5. Saeed Anwar (Pakistan)

v India (1997)

6. Charles Coventry (Zimbabwe)

194*

v Bangladesh (2009)

This says Sehwag's 219 was against Australia but I think it was actually against the Windies?

Well see the way it works is if your leg is in front of the wicket the only way you can take the shot without being out is attempting to bat the ball away with your dick.

Len you would still be given out Leg before, just that it would be your third leg!

The time i can remember most people going nuts about Cricket is when Pakistan won the World Cup in 1992 i think it was but don't hold me to that. Certain male members of my family actually went and prayed, as in literally prayed, the muslim prayer thing, one of his five a day, for the matt out and actually prayed to God for Pakistan to win it :lol:

I dunno what I'm laughing at, I pray nearly every Arsenal game, although it's more like 'ohpleasegoddon'tletthemlose' repeated over and over again as opposed to any sort of formalised petition of the Lord.

So they didn't bother to do the same in '99? No wonder they lost!

I wouldnt know, by 1999 i was no longer 9 years old and was spared the drudgery of being subjected to fuckin' cricket matches, i was out making a nuisance of myself by that age :D

I wouldnt know, by 1999 i was no longer 9 years old and was spared the drudgery of being subjected to fuckin' cricket matches, i was out making a nuisance of myself by that age :D
Hates cricket. .. your parents ever think of taking you back to the store where you buy brown kids from for a refund? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

It is shocking. I do not really know what to think of this. I know they have questioned his head gear, the older sort. You have to wonder how there were not more casualties when the West Indies were in their pomp and batsmen played without a helmet. I suppose it is just a freak accident. There is always going to be a lobby who sees aggressive bowling as, 'not cricket' and this sort of adds fuel to that. I think it was just a freak accident.

(It seems sort of, cruel, to mention this but I do remember that his technique when facing the fast short stuff was brought into question during an Ashes series.)

Poor ole' Phil Hughes, RIP. I think I saw him play also, in an ODI at Durham (I might be wrong - I will have to look that up).

PS

Is it Sean Abbot? He must be devastated.

Edited by DieselDaisy

It is shocking. I do not really know what to think of this. I know they have questioned his head gear, the older sort. You have to wonder how there were not more casualties when the West Indies were in their pomp and batsmen played without a helmet. I suppose it is just a freak accident. There is always going to be a lobby who sees aggressive bowling as, 'not cricket' and this sort of adds fuel to that. I think it was just a freak accident.

(It seems sort of, cruel, to mention this but I do remember that his technique when facing the fast short stuff was brought into question during an Ashes series.)

Poor ole' Phil Hughes, RIP. I think I saw him play also, in an ODI at Durham (I might be wrong - I will have to look that up).

PS

It was Sean Abbott who was the bowler. Poor guy will probably never get over it.

It's a horrible situation, but every batsman knows the risks when trying to play a hook shot off a bouncer. A lot of calls for the bouncer to be banned atm, which I suppose is understandable.

The poor bugger has passed away, they switched off his life support.

RIP

I'm not even a cricket fan but this has really saddened me. I'm just shocked. 25 years old. He had so much potential and so much to live for. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. My heart just breaks for them. I see criminals on the news every day causing pain and heartbreak for innocent people and nothing happens to them and then a good decent human being with so much talent and potential is taken....just like that. :(

Life is random and 'fairness' is just a fairy tale.

• Like 1

RIP. Given what we were told and my own experiences, I thought he'd be fine if elevated ICP was the issue but then to hear he needed CPR not to mention faceplanting on the pitch ain't a good sign at all. Absolutely awful. Really hits home when it's a guy your age and he's like an actual well known player too, not just a strictly domestic kinda guy.

Also gotta say I feel awful for Abbott. The guy was playing T20 with a call to the ODI side a couple weeks back. Probably thought his career was really taking off and this happens? My deepest sympathies go out to him. Poor bugger.

• Like 1

PS

It was Sean Abbott who was the bowler. Poor guy will probably never get over it.

It's a horrible situation, but every batsman knows the risks when trying to play a hook shot off a bouncer. A lot of calls for the bouncer to be banned atm, which I suppose is understandable.

Not for the first time.

I cannot see Abbott recovering. He might continue playing cricket but he will never be the same player again.

PS

Boycott might have a point,

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/cricket-helmets-made-batsmen-feel-safe-says-boycott-101428407--spt.html

Edited by DieselDaisy

Wasn't it a freak accident though?

Or is there a technique used in bowling where this outcome was a known possibility? I don't know enough about cricket to understand how it happened but based on the news reports I thought it was just a freak occurrence, which by rights could happen to anyone on the pitch.