Live Q&A about Vegas Residency

nows our chance to bombard them with questions about Vegas DVD, New material, new setlists...etc

Something has to be different this time around.

"@Axl_morris: We've got plenty of surprises in store. You'll have to come see the show to find out! #GNRnotrickery" :/

• Like 2

nows our chance to bombard them with questions about Vegas DVD, New material, new setlists...etc

Something has to be different this time around.

"@Axl_morris: We've got plenty of surprises in store. You'll have to come see the show to find out! #GNRnotrickery" :/

:facepalm:

Hopefully there will be questions about reunion, Slash, new album...

There will be. And those people will be ignored, then banned.

Then killed.

Team Brazil has hired snipers in case that happens :shrugs:

That would require TB to do something right. Which is highly unlikely.

• Like 1

'Does DJ Ashba have the memory of a fruit fly and suffer the delusions of a man on his third day lost in the sahara? I am worried for his demented sanity since claims the setlists are unpredictable and never follow the same pattern and there is apparently too much new material to make a new record from.'

• Like 2

I think Axl needs to fly to NYC and appear on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Jimmy is a huge GNR fan, so I think Axl should give him an interview.

Promote the Vegas Residency and talk about other things fans want to know about. I think Jimmy and Axl would have a good time together. Jimmy makes every guest have fun on his show.

Guest NGOG

I think Axl needs to fly to NYC and appear on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Jimmy is a huge GNR fan, so I think Axl should give him an interview.

Absolutely. Fallon did a great service to the new band at the 2002 VMAs.

Maybe Axl knows that night would inevitably be brought up, and prefers to forget it. :shrugs:

I don't think Jimmy would talk about that. He's very respectful to his guests. Every guest has something they don't want to discuss, but he makes them feel comfortable and doesn't go to the dark places in their lives.

When Jimmy had Lindsey Lohan on you would never know how messed up her life has been. Her and Jimmy discussed different stuff since he knows her a long time and then they played that water gun game. It made me forget for a minute how screwed up she really is.

I think Jimmy would discuss GNR now and be supportive of Axl. But I doubt Axl would do it.

'Does DJ Ashba have the memory of a fruit fly and suffer the delusions of a man on his third day lost in the sahara? I am worried for his demented sanity since claims the setlists are unpredictable and never follow the same pattern and there is apparently too much new material to make a new record from.'

Whenever someone asks me an important question, I think "What would Ashba say?". Then I say the opposite.

Maybe there will be WWAD bracelets soon.

Maybe Axl knows that night would inevitably be brought up, and prefers to forget it. :shrugs:

I would go as far as saying that Fallon's GnR announcement is the greatest thing about the 2002 VMA's. He was genuinely fucking stoked and it was very infectious. I still maintain the performance itself was pretty poor, but the sheer mystique about it was fantastic and Fallon contributed to that a lot.

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Axl appeared on Kimmel to promote the last residency, so hopefully management can convince him to do the Twitter Q&A.

I don't get why people get excited about GnR Q&A's anymore though. The only questions that get answers are ones that don't matter. Probably something about Ashba's guitar tuning (which he'll have to double-check with his guitar tech) or Axl's beard. They will say that they have lots of surprises for the residency and they're excited to come back. The surprises will get some people excited but will result in a total letdown anyway. Then they will say they're recording music and hope to get a new album out soon. Which won't happen either.

End of every new-GnR Q&A.

It's frustrating that we never really get any insight into the future, but you can't really deny that Axl has interesting stories to tell.

For sure. Maybe as a stop gap he'll collect a bunch of them and release it as an audio book of funny stories and anecdotes, plus reveal new and exciting information about fresh three hour meetings in a secret track titled "soon".

I want to hear cd ll, sure, but first I want to hear more about Slash's pee adventures and what not.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

We should band together and just ask one question worded the same.

"When can we expect new music? All the fans care about is new music."

Something blunt like that. Get everyone on the forum to just copy and paste that a hundred times. If they answer it with bullshit we could then just take out the first part and write "we only care about new music".

If you're a member of this forum what the fuck else is there you care about? Slash questions? He won't ever play with him again so it's pointless. DVD questions? How many live shows are out there why in the fuck would it matter if they sold you one as opposed to youtube. Questions about the residency? What's there to say other than negative things.

Now I don't have the commitment to organize this but I thought I'd throw that out there and say that I would get twitter just to do this.

We should band together and just ask one question worded the same.

"When can we expect new music? All the fans care about is new music."

Something blunt like that. Get everyone on the forum to just copy and paste that a hundred times. If they answer it with bullshit we could then just take out the first part and write "we only care about new music".

If you're a member of this forum what the fuck else is there you care about? Slash questions? He won't ever play with him again so it's pointless. DVD questions? How many live shows are out there why in the fuck would it matter if they sold you one as opposed to youtube. Questions about the residency? What's there to say other than negative things.

Now I don't have the commitment to organize this but I thought I'd throw that out there and say that I would get twitter just to do this.

Oh haha. They are FULLY AWARE AND DON'T CARE. All you'll get is a swift ban , a lie, a snarky complaints comment, or they'll just ignore it. Is the strategy here to label the fans who have the nerve to ask about new music as enemies of the band? 5 years after the last album was released, that came 17 fucking years after UYI?

All it does is make this band look even more absurd as time goes by and this comes from a big fan of new Guns.

Get your shit together before you're 60 and it's sad. Not too long from now. Especially in Axl time.

Edited by Rovim

If everyone does it though they will get the message. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe it has any chance of leading to new music I just want to show them that the fan base is fed up. I feel this is the best way to do it besides not attending live shows (which I already do not attend when they come by my way).

If everyone does it though they will get the message. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe it has any chance of leading to new music I just want to show them that the fan base is fed up. I feel this is the best way to do it besides not attending live shows (which I already do not attend when they come by my way).

I think you're underestimating how stubborn and illogical Axl and TB are. I guess it's possible though.

Every should treat the band the way they treat the fans.

On that basis I would suggest logging into their pointless Q&A and asking a pointless question en masse

"Moving forward, do you as a band feel ready to disclose to your fans an exact date as to the release of Beta's famous enchilada recipe?"

Whenever someone asks me an important question, I think "What would Ashba say?". Then I say the opposite.

Maybe there will be WWAD bracelets soon.

I would go as far as saying that Fallon's GnR announcement is the greatest thing about the 2002 VMA's. He was genuinely fucking stoked and it was very infectious. I still maintain the performance itself was pretty poor, but the sheer mystique about it was fantastic and Fallon contributed to that a lot.

Axl was fucken terrible in it except for Madagascar. Paradise City and Jungle sucked vocally, it was embarrassing. Obvious that he did not prepare for such a momentous occasion.