What band would you like to see Buckethead join?

Buckethead.jpg

We've all seen what Buckethead can do with GNR. What other band(s) would you like to see him with?

I think him with RHCP would have been killer. I can see him meshing perfectly with them.

Edited by Broskirose
  • Like 2

He isn't really a band guy

I prefer him in solo

/thread

You can have both you know, especially at the rate Bucket puts out music. It's just a hypothetical ffs...

Edited by Broskirose

Guest NGOG

NIN. I think it would be awesome the hypothetical case of Robin and Bucket in the same band.

The rumour is that they didn't get on. :shrugs:

Michael Jackson and Buckethead would have been great.

• Like 2

RHCP of course, he did an audition to join them around '92-'93, and he didn't know any of their songs. :lol:

There's a quote about it on Bucketheadland FAQ:

12) Did Buckethead audition for the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Yes. One journalists account reported that the lead singer picked Buckethead up at the airport and found out that Buckethead had not heard any of their tunes. The audition proceeded anyway, and Buckethead played in his inimitable fashion (i.e., robot dance, hyper-metal licks etc...) and when he finished the band applauded raucously. Flea confirmed that they auditioned BH saying that he was "sweet and normal" but they wanted someone "...who could also kick a groove."

But they could create some great stuff together, IMO.

• Like 2

Avenged Sevenfold. M. Shadows is a big Axl fan, he should copy Axl. Fire the band, hire buckethead, get a bunch of other random guys, except do it right and actually release music.

Bucket was supposed to tour with Ozzy at one point around 2005, here's what Ozzy said about that.

"I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing. I said, 'Look, just be yourself!' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up?' [Laughs] Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker!"

Edited by liers

I would kinda like to see what him and Noel Gallagher could come up with together.

also I would love to see Bucket and Damon Albarn to do an album together as well.

I would also like to see him do an album with KISS and tour with them...get rid of Tommy Thayer, get rid of the make up, and have Bucket join for a bit.

Someone mentioned Megadeth, and I personally would love to see him do some metal in a band environment. If not a thrash-styled supergroup, then perhaps playing in like a tech-death metal band or some progressive metal.

With the right musicians that would kick some serious metal ass.

Think about what he could do with say Mastodon, or alongside Steven Wilson and Akerfeldt, forming a supergroup with a sound similar to Goreguts, or forming a band with musicians from this new wave of thrash. Would be epic.

Buckethead, Belew and Garson in the same band would literally be the greatest thing ever.

And give them Brain or Jimmy Chamberlin on drums.

But anyway Smashing Pumpkins would be cool too.