New Bob Dylan Album, "Shadows In The Night"

ronaldo9

Dylan is planning to release a new album, presumably titled, "Shadows In the Night." No release date yet. Rolling Stone article: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-releases-frank-sinatra-cover-plans-new-album-20140513

A cover version of "Full Moon & Empty Arms," which a rep told RS would be included on the new album: http://www.bobdylan.com/us/home

Possible album cover (image displays when you go to his website):

shadows-cover-new.jpg

Not sure if it's a cover album, with the first released song being a cover, but think he sounds good on this one.

He's been on a role from 1997's Time Out of Mind to 2012's Tempest. Especially since 2001's Love And Theft when he took over producing. Nothing he writes feels tired and recycled. He has been adapting lyrics from songs that predate him and has taken on a co-writer for a few songs but he makes it all his own. Even if this is a cover album it will be great. I loved his Christmas album

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Will buy. His albums from Time Out Of Mind onward have all been brilliant.

Some of you feel iffy about Together Through Life, but I really do love that record. Great tex-mex sort of influence to it.

Say what you want about Dylan, but I don't think anybody in the history of music has put out as much quality material as he has.

Have his last few really been good though?

I'm thinking about checking them out. But how do they stand up to his older material

They really are.

- Time Out Of Mind

- Love And Theft

- Modern Times

- Together Through Life

- Tempest

All fantastic albums. They're quite different from his 60's stuff, obviously. Especially musically. Also lyrically, but there's still that Dylan vibe. Stories that make you think about what they mean and why he's telling them.

Do you know and like Oh Mercy? I think that would be the best reference here as far as what they're like.

I'm thinking about checking them out. But how do they stand up to his older material

They really are.

- Time Out Of Mind

- Love And Theft

- Modern Times

- Together Through Life

- Tempest

All fantastic albums. They're quite different from his 60's stuff, obviously. Especially musically. Also lyrically, but there's still that Dylan vibe. Stories that make you think about what they mean and why he's telling them.

Do you know and like Oh Mercy? I think that would be the best reference here as far as what they're like.

After reading "Chronicles", "Oh Mercy" was a very important album.

Old dude.

Old genius dude that's still releasing pretty good albums that some of the public still gives some fucks about.

i think he meant it was old news, dude; but i'm not sure.

They really are.

- Time Out Of Mind

- Love And Theft

- Modern Times

- Together Through Life

- Tempest

i think modern times is one of his very best records. i played the hell out of it when it came out.

not sure i liked together through life much, time out of mind is great.

They really are.

- Time Out Of Mind

- Love And Theft

- Modern Times

- Together Through Life

- Tempest

Definitely! Not to mention a great albums. I love the outtakes of it on bootleg series 8 as well.

Speaking of Chronicles, I wish part 2 would come out...b

They really are.

- Time Out Of Mind

- Love And Theft

- Modern Times

- Together Through Life

- Tempest

Definitely! Not to mention a great albums. I love the outtakes of it on bootleg series 8 as well.

Dylan's been working on Vol 2 and Vol 3 for a while, so it's a matter of when he wants to put it out.

They really are.

- Time Out Of Mind

- Love And Theft

- Modern Times

- Together Through Life

- Tempest

Dylan's been working on Vol 2 and Vol 3 for a while, so it's a matter of when he wants to put it out.

Yeah, I know. But still, Vol 1 was released 10 years ago. I'd really love for him to hurry up. ;) Plus, I could do with another Dylan Chronicles to take with me on vacation. :) Despite his writing style being incredibly detailed and sometimes a bit chaotic as well. I just love his stories.

• 9 months later...